Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Not to derail any current discussions but in rememberance of 9/11 can any of you New York guys that were there during that terrible day recall your experiences with using the cellular networks that day?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Only cell network that was working reliably that day was Nextel 's direct connect. I left the Pentagon 5 minutes before it got hit.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

• Like 8

I was only 4 years old but I remember it like yesterday. My mom worked for a company called Cellhire. They provided cheap international and satellite phones to companies and their office was about two blocks away from the WTC. AFAIK the company still exists today but I don't know if their office is still located there.

That day, my mom (who was on VZW) couldn't be reached at all and all I could do was wait at home with my Aunt until my mom came home hours later.

My dad on the other hand worked for Red Cross and had a Nextel phone that worked perfectly. In fact I remember him being one of the first people I spoke to that day after I got picked up from school early by my Aunt.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 7

I was only 4 years old but I remember it like yesterday. My mom worked for a company called Cellhire. They provided cheap international and satellite phones to companies and their office was about two blocks away from the WTC. AFAIK the company still exists today but I don't know if their office is still located there.

That day, my mom (who was on VZW) couldn't be reached at all and all I could do was wait at home with my Aunt until my mom came home hours later.

My dad on the other hand worked for Red Cross and had a Nextel phone that worked perfectly. In fact I remember him being one of the first people I spoke to that day after I got picked up from school early by my Aunt.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Wow dude your a baby. I didn't know you are so young.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Not to derail any current discussions but in rememberance of 9/11 can any of you New York guys that were there during that terrible day recall your experiences with using the cellular networks that day?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

My Sprint phone was pretty much useless from overloaded voice traffic, data wasn't really much of a thing back then. I was in college at the time so getting home without a car and all roads and mass transit shutdown was insane.

• Like 2

Heh. I'm still in high school. [emoji14]

No firsthand memory of 9/11 at all (thankfully).

Ironic, I was in high school when it happened. I remember watching it on TV during what was supposed to be geometry class. We heard the plane that crashed in PA fly directly over our school...

Sent from my Nexus 6P

I was looking at switching to Unlimited Freedom from Framily. The total cost was going to be about $5 more for three lines (one currently only has the base 1GB data). However, when going through the process I was told I would lose Google Voice on my line. Any idea why, or was the chat rep just misinformed?

I was looking at switching to Unlimited Freedom from Framily. The total cost was going to be about $5 more for three lines (one currently only has the base 1GB data). However, when going through the process I was told I would lose Google Voice on my line. Any idea why, or was the chat rep just misinformed?

Personally I can't think of any reason...the only thing I can think of that might be discontinued would be the Sprint-Google Voice Integration, which isn't necessary anyways.

Personally I can't think of any reason...the only thing I can think of that might be discontinued would be the Sprint-Google Voice Integration, which isn't necessary anyways.

It's not nessessary but it's the best option for people that don't want a google number and sprint number and still have voice and data at the same time since Sprint is so late to game with volte.

• Like 2

I had something similar. I just had to disable the google voice piece and after the plan was switched re-enable it. I don't know why but it took less than a minute and everything went through fine.

• Like 2

It's not nessessary but it's the best option for people that don't want a google number and sprint number and still have voice and data at the same time since Sprint is so late to game with volte.

Understood...it was just never a big deal with me

I do think that I may have read somewhere that Sprint was in the process of phasing out the Sprint-Google Voice Integration anyways. I am wondering if that was what the Sprint Rep was actually referring to when told the member that he would lose his Google Voice. When i have a little time I might research to see if I can find the answer.

I had something similar. I just had to disable the google voice piece and after the plan was switched re-enable it. I don't know why but it took less than a minute and everything went through fine.

Did you do it through Google or Sprint?

Understood...it was just never a big deal with me

I do think that I may have read somewhere that Sprint was in the process of phasing out the Sprint-Google Voice Integration anyways. I am wondering if that was what the Sprint Rep was actually referring to when told the member that he would lose his Google Voice. When i have a little time I might research to see if I can find the answer.

Most of the time I use the integration to text from other devices like my work phone and computer. But I also receive calls a lot through my other devices as well. Honestly if it wasn't available, I would have ported out to another carrier a while ago. For whatever reason, calls still don't come through consistently in my area and a lot of times I only get the call because Hangouts rings.

• Like 1

Did you do it through Google or Sprint?

I disabled the Google Voice piece through google and then had Sprint change the plan. After the plan updated on my Sprint.com account I went back to Google and enabled it again.

• Like 2

I've seen Google Voice fall off after plan changes, but I've always been able to re-add it. I wouldn't think they would permanently disable it. 

• Like 1

Wow dude your a baby.

That, that dude looks like a baby

AJ

• Like 2