Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Sprint 3x carrier aggregation on a 8X8 MIMO would bring 1.3 gigabits speeds. That was Hesse and Saw presentation in Chicago on June 2014. That is what the 8T8R antennas are for.

Thats not happening anytime soon.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

None of Sprint's devices actively make use of the 4x2, which can double throughput.

No, if a device is 2x2 MIMO capable, then it is 4x2 MIMO capable.  The four antennas/streams are purely a base station enhancement, spatial diversity to assist greater 2x2 MIMO utilization.

AJ

These potential speeds are great and all, but what about more rural coverage that includes lte? Hell lte speeds at 2 or 3 mbps is okay. The complaints i here from past customers of sprint is "voice coverage was ok, but data is 3g or unusable when you you leave the city".

• Like 1

These potential speeds are great and all, but what about more rural coverage that includes lte? Hell lte speeds at 2 or 3 mbps is okay. The complaints i here from past customers of sprint is "voice coverage was ok, but data is 3g or unusable when you you leave the city".

I guess it depends on where you live. Sprint has a very large amount of rural lte in florida.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

While New York is far from perfect when it comes to rural coverage on Sprint, they still cover something like 94-96% of the population even though it looks like they have coverage almost nowhere. It seems obvious that Sprint wants to hit every person before it hits every place.

I'm generally happy with Sprint, except for the few times over the last two months I've had issues.

That one speed test just consumed 126 MB, about as much "unlimited" data as I use in an entire week.

AJ

• Like 1

The website is down for maintenance. Prepping for the iPhone 7 series release it seems. OK then, typing in www.mysprint.com prompts with a friendly maintenance message.

WE'RE GETTING READY
FOR THE BIG EVENT.(!!1111)

i-phone 7 pre-order begins @12:01 PST

Then capital tier trolls you by not letting you login. Only lets you go to i-tunes to get Sprintzone app, on my end anyway. Way to utilize your server update time.

I see what you did there S, pretty smooth  :)

Just a fair warning to SERO users out there -

I put my plan in seasonal standby for a few months, went to take it out, and they can no longer add back my SERO Premium 500 plan.  Apparently they deleted it from the system on August 1st.  It's been replaced by SERO Unlimited for 60/month.

There is a bunch of conflicting info on what triggers a change but just a heads up.

Had a good run on postpaid sprint.

• Like 3

Apparently this graph is from Sprint.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/sprint-s-iphone-7-could-go-up-to-200-mbps-some-markets-due-to-3-channel-carrier

Couple of the small things are kinda funny.

Excellent! An updated spectrum chart. I really would like there to be more of these, especially just like this but covering individual markets in this form.

This is how T mobile manages to "maintain" their network speeds. I believe most folks are probably unaware that this net neutrality-killing feature is even on.

My point is, just like this guy (who is probably more tech savvy than the average consumer) is getting taken for a ride.

Best part, Speedtest.net is of course excluded from any sort of throttling.

• Like 5

This is how T mobile manages to "maintain" their network speeds. I believe most folks are probably unaware that this net neutrality-killing feature is even on.

My point is, just like this guy (who is probably more tech savvy than the average consumer) is getting taken for a ride.

Best part, Speedtest.net is of course excluded from any sort of throttling.

When "race to sleep" turns into a snooze fest.  B)

• Like 1

Just a fair warning to SERO users out there -

I put my plan in seasonal standby for a few months, went to take it out, and they can no longer add back my SERO Premium 500 plan.  Apparently they deleted it from the system on August 1st.  It's been replaced by SERO Unlimited for 60/month.

There is a bunch of conflicting info on what triggers a change but just a heads up.

Had a good run on postpaid sprint.

So as long as you haven't temporarily suspended your line or anything the SERO Premium 500 plan should still be in place?

So as long as you haven't temporarily suspended your line or anything the SERO Premium 500 plan should still be in place?

Correct, but word is, if you so much as change the phone to something else on your plan, you have to move up to the new SERO.  ($10 more per month)  Even if you bring your own device.

• Like 2

Correct, but word is, if you so much as change the phone to something else on your plan, you have to move up to the new SERO.  ($10 more per month)  Even if you bring your own device.

Hmm so that sounds like even upgrading your phone with a new 2 year contract will put you up to the new SERO.  I will have to find out in 2017 when my contract ends.

• Like 1