Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Just read tmobile said about 190 mbps down cuatomers will see.

Every two child did.  I will.

AJ

• Like 1

If you dislike Sprint that much then why don't you leave ? Some of us actually have great service like myself in SoCal. Yes they have a sketchy past but I rather them take their time and get it done right then rush it and not be reliable something some T-Mobile users say when they're on band 12 in some markets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't had Sprint in almost a year!

Just curious- where did I say in that post I dislike Sprint?

I haven't had Sprint in almost a year!

Just curious- where did I say in that post I dislike Sprint?

I suspect that he is referring to the character flaw chronic among former Sprint users who feel the need to stick around Sprint discussion and repeatedly tell how Sprint has disappointed them.  Other people move on with their lives and interests.

AJ

• Like 12

I suspect that he is referring to the character flaw chronic among former Sprint users who feel the need to stick around Sprint discussion and repeatedly tell how Sprint has disappointed them. Other people move on with their lives and interests.

AJ

This. [emoji1430][emoji1430][emoji1430][emoji1430]

• Like 1

643294edfe39b6c813639d7030dfbf76.jpg I'll stick to where I'm at for the last 2 decades, sticking with the unlimited plans on which I'm on now, no need to think about moving. There is no satisfying some people, no matter how hard you try.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

I suspect that he is referring to the character flaw chronic among former Sprint users who feel the need to stick around Sprint discussion and repeatedly tell how Sprint has disappointed them. Other people move on with their lives and interests.

AJ

What an amazing response....

What an amazing response....

Yes, it was an amazing response.  I detected exactly what Brynn0823 was thinking.  See his reply.

AJ

• Like 2

I heard back from a colleague of the Regional VP. Both of which were extremely nice and I felt they wanted to assist.

Unfortunately the towers in my area aren't planed to be upgraded with 800mhz LTE or b41 for at least 12 months.

So I'll be out of your hairs for about a year.

Thanks for the conversations

John

• Like 1

I heard back from a colleague of the Regional VP. Both of which were extremely nice and I felt they wanted to assist.

Unfortunately the towers in my area aren't planed to be upgraded with 800mhz LTE or b41 for at least 12 months.

So I'll be out of your hairs for about a year.

Thanks for the conversations

John

What part of the country? That is just insane that there are still places that a 12 months away from getting b41. Or non-boarder areas that a well months away from getting b26.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

What part of the country? That is just insane that there are still places that a 12 months away from getting b41. Or non-boarder areas that a well months away from getting b26.

Oh my last post my be read incorrectly.

My local area (two towns I care about service) have about 9 towers combined.

Half of them don't have 41 and about 3 don't have 26. Unfortunately due to that - service is not great.

Just didn't want you to think it's all of them.

"Unfortunately the towers in my area aren't planed to be upgraded with 800mhz LTE or b41 for at least 12 months."

I have heard the same thing for my area BUT I heard it over 18 months ago so I wouldn't put much of any hope in that statement. There are still towers here with no Band 26 LTE and/or Band 41 LTE. According to a recent post in the TOLEDO NV 2.0 thread it may be due to a BRS spectrum conflict with WatchTV, an OTA Cable TV, Telephone, and ISP that covers a few surrounding counties using antennas mounted on your house/business.

Unfortunately the only provider with high quality coverage in the area is Verizon and I will not pay their high prices. I will suffer using WiFi calling here at home and work when indoors and see what the future brings. Have 5 lines with Sprint over 15 years and it has gotten much better since Network Vision but empty promises of continuing upgrades that don't happen can be very discouraging. Had it not been for all the information here at S4GRU I would have switched to prepaid a few years ago.

• Like 2

The problem with sprint is not with the spectrum sprint has, but with the companies ability to deploy it in a fashion that gains it a competitive advantage. Now, it seems they aren't even staying competitive and that is a problem.

Thank you! That is the best way to say it. We all know about how spectrum rich they are. They just can't get enough done quickly to talk about it.

What I just can't understand is HOW DOES TMO/VZW get stuff deployed so fast and it takes forever for sprint???? Do the companies say f sprint we are doing there's first???

I have heard over and over $$$$$ but did these companies not have a writen contract??? Sprint has spent billions?? Billions on upgrading the last 5-6 years and that's not enough for a swift roll out like the other guys???

I wish sprint had some kind of recourse whether it be fines for not meeting deadlines or something. I just don't get why it takes so long. Are they not paying people promptly?

Thank you! That is the best way to say it. We all know about how spectrum rich they are. They just can't get enough done quickly to talk about it. That article whether true or not piss** all over VZW accomplishments it literally was like that was 2 years ago this is all we have done and by the way we are flicking the switch for this.

What I just can't understand is HOW DOES TMO/VZW get stuff deployed so fast and it takes forever for sprint???? Do the companies say f sprint we are doing there's first???

I have heard over and over $$$$$ but did these companies not have a writen contract??? Sprint has spent billions?? Billions on upgrading the last 5-6 years and that's not enough for a swift roll out like the other guys???

Well doesn't Verizon provide their own backhaul? Plus they acquired smaller wireless company's too which gave them an advantage.

And If it wasn't for the failed merger between ATT and the merger with Metro PCS, T-Mobile wouldn't be what it is today.

My coverage in my area is solid with Sprint. I'm mostly on LTE (95%) of the time. My only complaint with sprint is lack of VoLTE lol.

• Like 1

Well doesn't Verizon provide their own backhaul? Plus they acquired smaller wireless company's too which gave them an advantage.

And If it wasn't for the failed merger between ATT and the merger with Metro PCS, T-Mobile wouldn't be what it is today.

My coverage in my area is solid with Sprint. I'm mostly on LTE (95%) of the time. My only complaint with sprint is lack of VoLTE lol.

For the customer point of view all of that is irrelevant. In the in sprint needs to find it's place in a competitive market. That is either the cheapest provider out there or the fastest network.

For the customer point of view all of that is irrelevant. In the in sprint needs to find it's place in a competitive market. That is either the cheapest provider out there or the fastest network.

Ok so from my point of view, I can only speak about my area. In my area Sprint is definitely fast, I can easily get 50-70mbps during rush hour, or 120mbps either early morning or night.

My friend who has T-Mobile has pretty much the same coverage as me, so if I'm in an area that doesn't have service, then he doesn't have service.

If I travel north, Verizon only has LTE towers (no voice) and their LTE service in that area isn't the best. Sprint is actually superior in that specific area.

also I'm pretty sure Sprint is the cheapest lol

• Like 1

And the information I provided to him was relevant to his argument. He asked a question and I answered it lol

• Like 1

Ok so from my point of view, I can only speak about my area. In my area Sprint is definitely fast, I can easily get 50-70mbps during rush hour, or 120mbps either early morning or night.

My friend who has T-Mobile has pretty much the same coverage as me, so if I'm in an area that doesn't have service, then he doesn't have service.

If I travel north, Verizon only has LTE towers (no voice) and their LTE service in that area isn't the best. Sprint is actually superior in that specific area.

also I'm pretty sure Sprint is the cheapest lol

Great for your area. Problem is most areas that isn't the case. Sprint has a very inconsistent network. Seriously, if you where recommending sprint to someone who traveled for work what would be there selling point ( in my case anyone living in phoenix? )? Outside of them being cheap I can't think of one.

And the information I provided to him was relevant to his argument. He asked a question and I answered it lol

My point is these excuses are not relevant to a consumer. A customer doesn't care nor should they care about why your product is sub par, they care only that it is sub par. Now, maybe you can make it worth it to them by being cheap, but that isn't likely to generate the kinds of margins needed to pay down 30 billion in debt when your revenue is around 32 billion. That is the problem sprint has and I am not sure it is solvable.

My point is these excuses are not relevant to a consumer. A customer doesn't care nor should they care about why your product is sub par, they care only that it is sub par. Now, maybe you can make it worth it to them by being cheap, but that isn't likely to generate the kinds of margins needed to pay down 30 billion in debt when your revenue is around 32 billion. That is the problem sprint has and I am not sure it is solvable.

You were talking about it being the cheapest or being the fastest in a competitive market and now you're talking about excuses, debt and consumers.
  • Like 1

Great for your area. Problem is most areas that isn't the case. Sprint has a very inconsistent network. Seriously, if you where recommending sprint to someone who traveled for work what would be there selling point ( in my case anyone living in phoenix? )? Outside of them being cheap I can't think of one.

Well I use to sell sprint up until April of this year and most of my clients who traveled didn't really have issues with their Sprint service. They were still able to make calls, send and receive emails, and stream their music and Netflix without any issues or hiccups (now during NV days it was a different story) the biggest complaint I heard was the lack of voice + data capability with their newer handsets (band 41 phones).

A lot of those customers came from the other 3 and even told me they were hesitant about switching to Sprint but they were actually pleased with the service.

• Like 2

You were talking about it being the cheapest or being the fastest in a competitive market and now you're talking about excuses, debt and consumers.

My point has been consistent. I dont get what you don't understand.

My point has been consistent. I dont get what you don't understand.

Consistently inconsistent. We've read all the angles about this debate, we do everytime T-Mobile claims they're the best network. We know Sprint has a plan. TMo is strapped for capacity and the 4×4 mimo seems like the cheapest option to upgrade since they're frantically trying to get more low band spectrum to fill in all the markets that need it. All networks are not ubiquitous, there's anecdotal evidence of that from all networks all over the internet from all the unhappy customers as well as the satisfied ones. Now please.

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Consistently inconsistent. We've read all the angles about this debate, we do everytime T-Mobile claims they're the best network. We know Sprint has a plan. TMo is strapped for capacity and the 4×4 mimo seems like the cheapest option to upgrade since they're frantically trying to get more low band spectrum to fill in all the markets that need it. All networks are not ubiquitous, there's anecdotal evidence of that from all networks all over the internet from all the unhappy customers as well as the satisfied ones. Now please.

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

Please what? The point has been sprint problem in the market place. Several irrelevant excuse have been given and I explained why I believe them to be irrelevant, from a customers point of view. If you grow tired of the discussion don't participate or read it.

• Like 1