Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I mentioned this in mods corner, but will say it here as well. I have never been so proud of s4gru as I am today.

There have been quite a few media outlets that have pointed out the 600k limit and along with the comments in those articles I am sure did have a effect on Marcelo and the removal of the 600k limit. But none of them spelled it out so well as the Wall article by Robert. Many on here sent Marcelo that link to the Wall via every media outlet possible and I am sure he read it.

Good going members and thank you Robert.  

• Like 20

Now.. If he really didn't know about this...I'd assume that employee/team will have a meeting as soon as he comes back from Japan :)

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I'm pretty confident it was his plan....

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Wooohooo!!! The tweets did it and I guess he went on a few tech sites and read how they dogged it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WSJ picked up on the negative. This is bad for Sprint.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/sprint-is-called-out-on-throttling-policy-1435709906

#lessonlearned

While it was really awesome to see them turn around on day one, this article does highlight how stupid it was to have put it the 600 Kbps limit in the first place.

• Like 6

While it was really awesome to see them turn around on day one, this article does highlight how stupid it was to have put it the 600 Kbps limit in the first place.

Exactly. Wall Street Journal is no joke. If Sprint makes negative press in WSJ tomorrow, follow-up positive press the next day will be irrelevant. This highlighted Sprints ability to react, but they must get out of this reactive attitude.

• Like 5

Wowsa. A favorite from the man himself.

qn8s9x.jpg

And as others have said - job well done to Robert. I am sure the feedback from the editorial and from other fellow members of this site certainly helped make this an quick decision by the powers that be.

WINNING.

• Like 2

I have to tell you all I am near tears right now.  I am so stoked that Marcelo listened to us, directly.  I am sure he listened to all the feedback he heard.  But I believe S4GRU was influential in this decision.  Everyone's feedback and encouragement that I used to write the Wall Editorial is what really made the difference here.  And then you tweeting our article and our vanity hashtag.

We aren't ranters.  We don't complain much publicly about Sprint.  I wanted to be direct, candid and constructive.  I felt that was our best shot to being heard.  And today that happened.

It is a great privilege to be King of the Wireless Nerds.  Victories like this make it all worthwhile.  And I just want to thank Marcelo for being a good listener and a humble leader.

Robert

gallery_1_2_6352.png

• Like 35

Good they turned it around, but you can't unring the bell. This is making Sprint look very, very bad. There is no way Marcelo didn't know about this. He had to of approved it. If not, something is seriously wrong, and we better get a list of names for those fired.

Front page on reddit, for all the wrong reasons. Again, the bell is rung.

http://reddit.com/r/technology/comments/3bn58d/sprint_officially_americas_dumbest_carrier_adds_a/

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Good they turned it around, but you can't unring the bell. This is making Sprint look very, very bad. There is no way Marcelo didn't know about this. He had to of approved it. If not, something is seriously wrong, and we better get a list of names for those fired.

http://reddit.com/r/technology/comments/3bn58d/sprint_officially_americas_dumbest_carrier_adds_a/

They were damned if they do, damned if they don't. This was a lose-lose for Marcelo, and he sided with public opinion, which was the only way out, even after the shit storm. Kudos for admitting defeat and making a change. That's a good leader.

Sprint's reputation is still garbage with the tech press and Reddit - but that would be true with or without this kerfuffle.

• Like 10

I wish purchasing a device on any plan was always this simple, clean, and easy to do. They need to push an update across sitewide to make the look of the site consistent. Some areas look like old Sprint and others are clearly new Sprint.

Which do you like more?

Cwawjml.pngAK83Kkb.png

• Like 1

Not the popular opinion here, but of course he knew.

A few weeks no one in the media will remember. I'd call this the Coke2 experiment.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Additionally, I hope they add more devices soon. The Galaxy S6 and iPhone 6 are great phones and sell the most but unfortunately I don't like Samsung devices very much and I've locked myself into Android by purchasing a Moto360 so the iPhone is not an option.

There are many, many, many, people out there that have not heard of S4GRU, that all changed today!  Congratulations Robert on one hell of an editorial post  :2tu:

• Like 17

Robert, I've thanked you numerous times for all that you do at S4GRU.com, and meant it every single time.  But, this Thank You may just be one of the most remarkable.  Thanks, Again!   :tu:   You Da Man!

• Like 11

Robert, I've thanked you numerous times for all that you do at S4GRU.com, and meant it every single time.  But, this Thank You may just be one of the most remarkable.  Thanks, Again!   :tu:   You Da Man!

You do do do

You da da man

Is all I want to say to you

AJ

• Like 4