Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

That's because they have they're own issues with "unlimited data" limited to a 21GB softcap..

Except that most won't scuff at 21gb and it's not a hard cut off. I don't think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except that most won't scuff at 21gb and it's not a hard cut off. I don't think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try nearly 700 comments on Tmonews, and countless conversations on reddit. People lost there sh*t over it. 

But this is even worse! Sprint cannot afford any bad press.

• Like 2

The more and more I think about this new "All-In" plan...it is DOA. The media is going to blow up over it, at the same time T-Mobile is good press coverage for "Uncarrier Amped". This is just bad for Sprint's struggling image.

Things that need to change

*Remove $36 activation fee

*Remove video throttling, or at least make it 1.5Mbps

*Add a 12 month lease option

*Hotspot included, even if only 1GB

One other point to make...the David Beckham ad on Sprint.com has the T-Mobile rep discussing "throttling" and the point being that it is confusing. But read the fine print, and...well, you get where I'm going.

Good points, Joshua and I'd tend to agree. I've long thought that Sprint should nix that activation fee. Well before the flamingo took over at TMUS and well before S4GRU came online. I don't recall ever paying it because I'd raise a stink about it and for the past few years I haven't bothered to get my phones from Sprint. To this day I have no idea what the point of the activation fee is or what it goes toward.

If video speed has to be throttled on the new plans, then it indeed should be higher perhaps 2 Mbps.

The 12 month lease should definitely come back, the 30 month lease should stay gone as it never should have been invented. The 12 month lease allows somebody to get the newest iPhone, Galaxy S, Note or whatever their preference every year. That seems like a no-brainer.

And yes, toss in some tethering to keep the masses happy and take away one of the flamingo's talking points. At least 1 GB as mentioned and maybe more.

• Like 8

Try nearly 700 comments on Tmonews, and countless conversations on reddit. People lost there sh*t over it.

But this is even worse! Sprint cannot afford any bad press.

Keyword, most [emoji56]

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I would be perfectly content with a 21GB soft cap per line...doubt I'd ever get there.

If Sprint followed TMO but made it a 25GB soft cap .... 25>21 so Sprint FTW :lol:

waiting for #sprintallinsux to start trending

• Like 5

We are discussing internally, but S4GRU is considering an Editorial against this plan.  #allindoa

That would be superb, especially if you can tie in the net neutrality angle (i.e., "This is why we can't have nice things.").

• Like 1

I believe Boost Mobile allows you to self throttle with their Smartstream option, but at least you have the option of streaming at better speeds. Does this mean watching Youtube will be worse on Sprint than Boost? smh

http://www.boostmobile.com/enhancedstream/

I have a difficult time believing that anyone with a good strong lte connection, will see 600k speeds.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I have an ED 1500 plan so this streaming debacle shouldn't directly affect me *yet*, but out of curiosity, does setting up a VPN disable Sprint's ability to distinguish whether the data you use comes from streaming or not?

• Like 2

I have an ED 1500 plan so this streaming debacle shouldn't directly affect me *yet*, but out of curiosity, does setting up a VPN disable Sprint's ability to distinguish whether the data you use comes from streaming or not?

Yes.  I saw somewhere (either this thread), or Reddit that showed the difference between non-VPN and VPN video streaming.  Quality over VPN was much, much better.

• Like 2

All - I just chatted with Sprint support, asking if there is a "Video Throttle of 600Kbps" on my unlimited Framily plan account. I was told yes, there is. But if you complain, they can add a "feature" to your account to remove the video throttle.

Two things: I have no clue if they are easily willing to remove the throttle...or if this rep even had any clue what he was talking about. We shall see I guess.

• Like 2

With the ubiquity of WIFI options now it seems like this is even more of a giant misstep. I try to glom on to it wherever I can, and yes I will abuse Starbucks or McDonalds WIFI if I'm close enough to get connected. $4 coffee entitles me IMO.

• Like 7

please someone correct me if I am wrong <the line forms of there...> 

but I don't think anything about the new All In plan makes sense.... here is the old version <same price> and the old version with nearly the same name for more money - granted offered more...

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/sprint-kills-unlimited-data-life-guarantee-new-customers/2014-08-21

OR

this version from early this year - which at the same price included international AND yearly upgrades???  so they took away stuff

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=15540

• Like 5

This doesn't really impact me as I can use my work VPN to bypass this stupid limit. The real problem is WHY was this even considered? At least make it 5 MB down so people can do HD Netflix

Even then imposing a limit is still stupid as hell. Netflix and Youtube are honestly incredibly bandwidth efficient. The quality you can get on Netflix at recommended for HD levels is awesome!

I don't even want to update the pricing spreadsheet with this abortion of a plan.

• Like 8

This doesn't really impact me as I can use my work VPN to bypass this stupid limit. The real problem is WHY was this even considered? At least make it 5 MB down so people can do HD Netflix

Even then imposing a limit is still stupid as hell. Netflix and Youtube are honestly incredibly bandwidth efficient. The quality you can get on Netflix at recommended for HD levels is awesome!

I don't even want to update the pricing spreadsheet with this abortion of a plan.

I don't see it lasting very long...or they will update the terms.  Sad day, indeed though.  600kbps is at best good for 360p.

• Like 1

Yeah, not good, considering a number of sites are copying the "America's dumbest carrier" article subject.

I would have rather seen them do a X # of hours of high quality video per month, 600K after.

• Like 2

please someone correct me if I am wrong <the line forms of there...>

but I don't think anything about the new All In plan makes sense.... here is the old version <same price> and the old version with nearly the same name for more money - granted offered more...

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/sprint-kills-unlimited-data-life-guarantee-new-customers/2014-08-21

OR

this version from early this year - which at the same price included international AND yearly upgrades??? so they took away stuff

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=15540

Of course! All the companies are in the business of making money! They market to those who don't do their research so when people think they are getting a deal, they really aren't!

So ill chime in about #Allin. Everything internal is saying this is the same regular$60 plan with a $20 phone lease. All it is a simplified marketing push for our current plan.

Oh and the $50 iphone plan is gone.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

• Like 3