Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

600Kbps at all times is pretty harsh. It would be unpleasant to have your 720P YouTube video buffering like hell, then checking the network performance with a speed test pulling 120mbps CA goodness. In that case, the network is being under utilized. Maybe just de-prioritize video traffic instead. There's a balance to this somewhere.

• Like 1

Marcelo has got a lemon of a plan, here. It's blowing up before he can even get back stateside. This one is DOA. The tech media is going to eat him alive.

We are now going to see how nimble Sprint can be with fast changes. Because this one is going to go over worse than Framily.

Fix it! Fix it! Fix it! Fix it!

Honestly the plan is cool just remove that 600kbps at all times crap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Would have been smart to introduce higher tier bucket plans to go along with this new "unlimited" plan to supplement.

I totally get the premise of getting people off the unlimited plans, but this is definitely the wrong way of going about it.

• Like 4

Honestly the plan is cool just remove that 600kbps at all times crap.

Marcelo:  "Umm, there was a typo.  It was supposed to be 6000kbps"  :lol:

• Like 6

Marcelo: "Umm, there was a typo. It was supposed to be 6000kbps" :lol:

Lol. Exactly or "I don't know how that got in there"

• Like 3

And maybe 1 free phone swap every 12 months [emoji56]

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

You never stay on Sprint long enough to do a phone swap!

:devilangel:

• Like 5

He has a point Sir.....

I feel dirty being on the same side of an issue with you.  Where is the number of my therapist???

• Like 5

I feel dirty being on the same side of an issue with you.  Where is the number of my therapist???

giphy.gif

AJ

• Like 12

giphy.gif

AJ

Excellent.  I feel better already!!!

Seriously, you always find a most wonderfully appropriate clip or image at the right time.  Yes!  Yes!!  Yes!!!

• Like 4

I feel dirty being on the same side of an issue with you. Where is the number of my therapist???

Come on I'm not that bad.... right

Edited by S4GRU
Fixed YouTube embedment
  • Like 2

Seems like they should have vetted this with a focus group of millenials before releasing it out into the wild.

Thanks Darnell.  When the folks who's opinions I value most are coming down questioning this plan, I know I'm not going crazy.

• Like 3

Way to many people are assuming in here. More of a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't. God help us if every one thinks they are going to be streaming everything at 4k. I'm just happy being on my family share 20gb plan where I do have hotspot and tethering for my 2 devices which is only costing me $107 a month less my discount.

The more and more I think about this new "All-In" plan...it is DOA. The media is going to blow up over it, at the same time T-Mobile is good press coverage for "Uncarrier Amped". This is just bad for Sprint's struggling image.

Things that need to change

*Remove $36 activation fee
*Remove video throttling, or at least make it 1.5Mbps

*Add a 12 month lease option

*Hotspot included, even if only 1GB

One other point to make...the David Beckham ad on Sprint.com has the T-Mobile rep discussing "throttling" and the point being that it is confusing. But read the fine print, and...well, you get where I'm going.

Edited by joshuam
  • Like 8

The more and more I think about this new "All-In" plan...it is DOA. The media is going to blow up over it, at the same time T-Mobile is good press coverage for "Uncarrier Amped". This is just bad for Sprint's struggling image.

Very nice --- but amped kicks this all day long.

What intriguing me is -- john hasn't spoke yet.....

• Like 2

The activation fee is lame, but don't forget TMO charges you $15 (IIRC) for your SIM card setup - essentially an activation fee - so if they lowered it would make sense.

• Like 2

One other point to make...the David Beckham ad on Sprint.com has the T-Mobile rep discussing "throttling" and the point being that it is confusing. But read the fine print, and...well, you get where I'm going.

We are discussing internally, but S4GRU is considering an Editorial against this plan.  #AllinDOA

• Like 14

That's because they have they're own issues with "unlimited data" limited to a 21GB softcap..

Marcelo should just say it was a clerical error that was in the plan details before the FCC ruling and their legal forgot to take it out. Claim someone was going to lose their job or something.

• Like 5

We are discussing internally, but S4GRU is considering an Editorial against this plan.  #allindoa

MARK MY WORDS.....Legere is working on something. My guess is later today or tomorrow, and T-Mobile will win all sorts of press praise.

#allin has all the writing on the wall of old fashion Sprint. The hashtag is even dumb written like they have it, "#AllIn"...who in marketing approved that?

• Like 2