Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

They've already removed it from the website! http://www.sprint.com/landings/all-in-wireless/index.html?INTCID=HP:PROS:BR:063015:AllIn#!/

"Usage Limitations: To improve data experience for the majority of users, throughput may be limited, varied or reduced on the network. Sprint may terminate service if off-network roaming usage in a month exceeds: (1) 800 min. or a majority of min. or (2) 100MB or a majority of KB. Prohibited network use rules apply-see sprint.com/termsandconditions"

• Like 4

When a customer sees a carrier rated number 1 or 2 for network quality they seem to put up more with the carriers bs. So if in the case Sprint actually does become number 1 or 2 in network quality in 18-24 months and still have that 600kbps streaming limit. Some won't care cause the network is top ranked and in Sprints cause at a cheaper cost. But with that cost you get what you pay for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After there bad reputation goes away.  In time.  

https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/616139487895162880

Marcelo himself tweeted and responded to the S4GRU tweet!!

So! Cool!  :D

Congrats Robert for not only making a huge difference today, but for all the years you've kept S4GRU going. I wouldn't know even half of what I know if it wasn't for you and all the knowledgeable members here on this site. This just proves how influential this site can be!

• Like 12

https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/616139487895162880

Marcelo himself tweeted and responded to the S4GRU tweet!!

So! Cool!  :D

Congrats Robert for not only making a huge difference today, but for all the years you've kept S4GRU going. I wouldn't know even half of what I know if it wasn't for you and all the knowledgeable members here on this site. This just proves how influential this site can be!

Not only that but Sprint itself (at least the PR) publically acknowledges the site..

Xmev6Id.png

• Like 14

Robert,

Great work getting that article up so quickly. I have no doubt it's timing was influential in the decision to drop it. And great work by all who tweeted to Marcelo! #NewSprint

For the record...I still think #AllIn is awful. The hashtag that is. Lol.

• Like 1

Just looking at the headlines today is disappointing. Rather than acknowledging the quick response of Sprint, they're making a mockery of it. That was to be expected but still seems rather petty.

• Like 9

Just looking at the headlines today is disappointing. Rather than acknowledging the quick response of Sprint, they're making a mockery of it. That was to be expected but still seems rather petty.

52ff750cc585e4537802417a05f59406f0e49516

They are mocking it as they should...

• Like 1

They are mocking it as they should...

Sprint did screw up here. Big time. But they corrected the ship and are on a new path now. No reason to continue to bog them down about it.

This new plan was a great time for Sprint to be innovative with network management. I honestly don't know what they should/could do, but something. But given yesterday, it's going to be hard for them to do anything with network management for a while.

I still really would like to see Sprint ditch the $36 activation fee, and offer upgrades for less than $10/month add-on. Overall though, this plan is still cheaper than all of the competition...but only barely.

• Like 2

Sprint did screw up here. Big time. But they corrected the ship and are on a new path now. No reason to continue to bog them down about it.

This new plan was a great time for Sprint to be innovative with network management. I honestly don't know what they should/could do, but something. But given yesterday, it's going to be hard for them to do anything with network management for a while.

I still really would like to see Sprint ditch the $36 activation fee, and offer upgrades for less than $10/month add-on. Overall though, this plan is still cheaper than all of the competition...but only barely.

The plan isn't very competitive with the one that currently matters. T-Mobile, who is working overtime to take the number three spot. For either sprint or tmo it's a marathon to catch up to number 2 slot.

Now this current old yet "new?" Plan is amazing comprehend to AT&T or Verizon. But that's like saying a Toyota is less expensive than a bmw - no kidding.

The new Amped plans that tmo talked about I suspect will be well received better by the media.

• Like 1

On the activation fee, I think that they should keep it for new customers but there should not be an "upgrade" fee for current customers.

• Like 2

The new Amped plans that tmo talked about I suspect will be well received better by the media.

The new "Amped Jump" program is not expected to have a super high take rate. Much lower than Sprint's lease program.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/analyst-t-mobile-trail-sprint-jump-demand-adoption-25-subs-will-sign-2016/2015-06-26

To say...I do enjoy getting a new device frequently. I have purchased every iPhone since Sprint got the 4S. I'm thinking about getting a Note 5 this September when it comes out. But I don't see a real need for Sprint to offer this, as much as I would probably take advantage of it, if they did.

On the activation fee, I think that they should keep it for new customers but there should not be an "upgrade" fee for current customers.

Neither of the others charge that fee if using a non contract anyway

Tmo does charge for a new sim though...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The plan isn't very competitive with the one that currently matters. T-Mobile, who is working overtime to take the number three spot. For either sprint or tmo it's a marathon to catch up to number 2 slot.

Now this current old yet "new?" Plan is amazing comprehend to AT&T or Verizon. But that's like saying a Toyota is less expensive than a bmw - no kidding.

Alright, you keep saying the same thing over and over and it's not true to my knowledge. Sprint's plan is $80/month for EVERYTHING (includes the phone lease). T-Mobile charges $80/month just for the service - the phone is another $20+ on top of that. Tell me how this isn't competitive with T-Mobile?

Am I wrong?

• Like 2

Alright, you keep saying the same thing over and over and it's not true to my knowledge. Sprint's plan is $80/month for EVERYTHING (includes the phone lease). T-Mobile charges $80/month just for the service - the phone is another $20+ on top of that. Tell me how this isn't competitive with T-Mobile?

Am I wrong?

In that deal with tmo

- 3 phone swaps per year no charge

- international partnerships

- 7gb of teathered data

- free rhapsody music

- iPhone is only $15 more per month not $20

Sprint's brand reboot is going to be a lot harder than taking over the #2 spot from AT&T.

If I were Sprint, I wouldn't worry too much about current public perception over the plan mis-step, regardless of how brutal it looks (currently) on Engadget, Reddit, The Verge, Fierce, etc. comment sections - customers who are shopping carriers to switch from AT&T or VZW are most likely looking for the value play and going direct to carrier websites to do an apples-to-apples comparison. That's at least how I've shopped for things in the past (YMMV), and I'd imagine that's (generally) representative consumer behavior.

The tech press has a self-inflated sense of importance. Commenters on those articles, even more so. Sprint needs to keep chugging away and picking up AT&T and VZW subs. The brand perception will change in time.

• Like 14

Sprint's brand reboot is going to be a lot harder than taking over the #2 spot from AT&T.

If I were Sprint, I wouldn't worry too much about current public perception over the plan mis-step, regardless of how brutal it looks (currently) on Engadget, Reddit, The Verge, Fierce, etc. comment sections - customers who are shopping carriers to switch from AT&T or VZW are most likely looking for the value play and going direct to carrier websites to do an apples-to-apples comparison. That's at least how I've shopped for things in the past (YMMV), and I'd imagine that's (generally) representative consumer behavior.

The tech press has a self-inflated sense of importance. Commenters on those articles, even more so. Sprint needs to keep chugging away and picking up AT&T and VZW subs. The brand perception will change in time.

I agree. The average customer is not going to go on those tech sites. Better yet they probably don't even know they exist. In most cases they will either look for value or ask someone who they know has Sprint service and ask how are they liking it.

• Like 3

What's a shame is that people who have had Sprint over a year ago to this day comment on how slow things are.  They haven't even been on Sprint for 1+ years, and a lot has been upgraded since then.  I can't tell you how many comments/sites I've read post "Well, 600Kbps would be an improvement."  I agree, even if Sprint becomes a better choice, overall than AT&T, rebuilding Sprint's brand will be the largest obstacle Sprint will need to overcome.

• Like 2

The average customer is not going to go on those tech sites. Better yet they probably don't even know they exist. In most cases they will either look for value or ask someone who they know has Sprint service and ask how are they liking it.

Sort of.  Most people will go to the "phone" guys, or the family techie.  And you know those techies read the articles.  I can't tell you how often people ask me which carrier would work for them.  At home, at work, even friends. 

• Like 1

Sort of. Most people will go to the "phone" guys, or the family techie. And you know those techies read the articles. I can't tell you how often people ask me which carrier would work for them. At home, at work, even friends.

Very true. People ask me that and all I tell them is. Go on their websites and compare coverage based on the places you go/visit and your needs. Me telling you what would work best is subjective, my needs are different from yours. Now there was a time where I was out with a friend and my phone was breezing though while her T-Mobile service struggled when in turn made her switch to sprint.

• Like 2

What's a shame is that people who have had Sprint over a year ago to this day comment on how slow things are. They haven't even been on Sprint for 1+ years, and a lot has been upgraded since then. I can't tell you how many comments/sites I've read post "Well, 600Kbps would be an improvement." I agree, even if Sprint becomes a better choice, overall than AT&T, rebuilding Sprint's brand will be the largest obstacle Sprint will need to overcome.

Interesting thought experiment around SoftBank USA:

1. Sprint continues to exist as Sprint, but positioned more as a MVNO;

2. SoftBank USA enters the market with all of Sprint's assets deployed as a legitimate player, and offers a best-in-class wireless experience with prices somewhere between Sprint and AT&T/VZW.

The Sprint brand is left in place, and Masa gets to play with his investment.

• Like 2

Outstanding Writing! [emoji106]

Glad that Marcelo listened to you!

Listened to us. All of us. I gathered our ideas and put them out there. Without 25,000 members backing me up, my voice doesn't matter much. We're a chorus, and I got to be the conductor. Thank you, everyone for making S4GRU what it is.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

• Like 19

Crazy idea, what if this is what gets us affiliated with Sprint? They provide us with up-to-date information and some funding and we keep this community going and provide customer feedback when needed and help get Sprint more customers. (I can dream)

• Like 2