Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

This caused me to send a tweet to marci about the yearly upgrade issue i had with sprint. I paid the $10 fee from may 2014 until April 2015 on my phone, and from July 2014 until April 2015 on my wife's line, and when i switched out of framily back in April 2015, i specifically asked the rep if i would still be eligible to get my yearly upgrade. She assured me that i could..... the only reason i ever switched from framily was because i got the tablets and decided to go with share plan so the phones + tablets would share data and i would also be able to use Hotspot. Neither of those were included with framily, otherwise i would've never ditched that (had 8 people in my plan).

I actually drove an hour to the Sprint store back on June 3rd and found out upon driving up there that i could NOT get my upgrade and only one of my lines was eligible, the line that I'm dropping in December. The only way to get it was pay full price obviously, or upgrade the line I'm dropping in a few months, neither of which i wanted to do.

Not really a big deal or a "I'm going to switch carrier" problem. ....but a justifiable complaint because i was slightly misled by phone rep when i came from framily to share plan.

The care team just sent me a tweet and said they reset my eligibility on both lines that i was paying the fee on. I never would have said anything if i had not paid that $10 fee on 2 lines for 8+ months.

Now the question i need to find out, how did they reset it. ...i guess a visit to my desktop is in order.

• Like 1

Crazy idea, what if this is what gets us affiliated with Sprint? They provide us with up-to-date information and some funding and we keep this community going and provide customer feedback when needed and help get Sprint more customers. (I can dream)

There would likely be lots of stipulations if ever there is affiliation. Along with rules that Robert may not want to have, similar to the rules on the Sprint community forums. I'm not sure the site would benefit greatly from affiliation.
  • Like 5

There would likely be lots of stipulations if ever there is affiliation. Along with rules that Robert may not want to have, similar to the rules on the Sprint community forums. I'm not sure the site would benefit greatly from affiliation.

Ah true. I wasn't thinking of that. I could only guess how much of a hassle that could be for Robert.

Was anyone here part of Howard Forums back around 2005/2006 time frame? Do you remember the "Verizon Wireless Customer Council (VCC)" group that Verizon formed? I was selected to be on that, and provided customer feedback directly to Verizon Wireless, and "tested" over 15 different devices over that time. The group ended up being shut down after several years, but the group provided a lot of feedback on devices and services. This was back before smartphones were really a thing, and "broadband EVDO" was the marketing terms used by Verizon. Everyone was always jealous because I always had the latest and greatest flip or candy bar phone :-P

Sprint should consider something of the sort.

Was anyone here part of Howard Forums back around 2005/2006 time frame? Do you remember the "Verizon Wireless Customer Council (VCC)" group that Verizon formed? I was selected to be on that, and provided customer feedback directly to Verizon Wireless, and "tested" over 15 different devices over that time. The group ended up being shut down after several years, but the group provided a lot of feedback on devices and services. This was back before smartphones were really a thing, and "broadband EVDO" was the marketing terms used by Verizon. Everyone was always jealous because I always had the latest and greatest flip or candy bar phone :-P

Sprint should consider something of the sort.

Trust me when I say they do. 

TS

• Like 1

In that deal with tmo

- 3 phone swaps per year no charge

- international partnerships

- 7gb of teathered data

- free rhapsody music

- iPhone is only $15 more per month not $20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair enough on the phone swaps, international data. But for the average user who is not replacing their phone so often, doesn't care about international roaming, and doesn't use tethered data...Sprint is still $15/month or $180/year cheaper. They're playing to two different segments, really. The value really comes down to what the customer is looking for - those you might classify as "power users" are definitely going to be happier with T-Mobile's plan and pricing, coverage aside. The average user is going to look at dollars and cents and conclude that Sprint is the better value.

Few other points:

• Sprint now offers free international roaming in a format that matches T-Mobile. Granted, countries covered haven't caught up yet, but I suspect they will come close over the next 6 months as more agreements are reached.
  • I also suspect Sprint will throw in hotspot data before too long - they almost have to in order to remain competitive.
  • Free Rhapsody music is absolutely meh. Sure, it's a nice value add. But we all know that no one is choosing a cell provider based on free streaming music. :) I have never met a single person who uses Rhapsody - even when it's free. Google Play Music, Spotify, and iHeartRadio are really the only streaming music services anyone I've ever come across uses. Not saying Rhapsody isn't good, just speaking truth. :)
  • Like 3

Fair enough on the phone swaps, international data. But for the average user who is not replacing their phone so often, doesn't care about international roaming, and doesn't use tethered data...Sprint is still $15/month or $180/year cheaper. They're playing to two different segments, really. The value really comes down to what the customer is looking for - those you might classify as "power users" are definitely going to be happier with T-Mobile's plan and pricing, coverage aside. The average user is going to look at dollars and cents and conclude that Sprint is the better value.

Few other points:

• Sprint now offers free international roaming in a format that matches T-Mobile. Granted, countries covered haven't caught up yet, but I suspect they will come close over the next 6 months as more agreements are reached.
  • I also suspect Sprint will throw in hotspot data before too long - they almost have to in order to remain competitive.
  • Free Rhapsody music is absolutely meh. Sure, it's a nice value add. But we all know that no one is choosing a cell provider based on free streaming music. :) I have never met a single person who uses Rhapsody - even when it's free. Google Play Music, Spotify, and iHeartRadio are really the only streaming music services anyone I've ever come across uses. Not saying Rhapsody isn't good, just speaking truth. :)
Just to note its not a free radio type service like pandora. So its a $10 a month promo per user -

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Just to note its not a free radio type service like pandora. So its a $10 a month promo per user -

Works similarly, right? Admittedly, I've never used it. iTunes downloads + iHeartRadio and Spotify have always been my go-tos.

• Like 1

Would S4GRU want a Sprint CSR / liason participating in the forum? Might be an excellent time to ask Marcelo for one.

Works similarly, right? Admittedly, I've never used it. iTunes downloads + iHeartRadio and Spotify have always been my go-tos.

Yup they are all the same on the paid versions.

Even if you as a power user of music services, extra features are always good for the sales person to mention

Correct majority of users wouldn't use the 3 phones a year swap. But its a cool talking point. And be honest many people who might want to swap dont as it costs a few hundred dollars or more.

• Like 1

"unRhapsody" is not like Pandora. It is normally priced at $4.99, and it does not offer unlimited on-demand music like Spotify or Apple Music. It is like a slightly better version of paid Pandora.

I gotta chime in here.....rhapsody user for several years (2012ish). I really like rhapsody and I'm so accustomed to the Playlist layout and such that it's hard for me to use other services even though i pay for Spotify also through sprint, i even have both on my phone and tablet. ..i just prefer rhapsody.

I pay $14.99/month for rhapsody premier+1.

Gives me access on 3 devices plus 2 computers and tv.

Few other points:

What would be cool is if they gave the customer a choice of one of the add-on options for free (maybe to customers of 5+ yrs or something):

• International data
  • hotspot data
  • 3 (or some number) phone swaps a year
  • some company's music subscription (Google, pandora, etc)
  • Like 1

Interesting thought experiment around SoftBank USA:

1. Sprint continues to exist as Sprint, but positioned more as a MVNO;

2. SoftBank USA enters the market with all of Sprint's assets deployed as a legitimate player, and offers a best-in-class wireless experience with prices somewhere between Sprint and AT&T/VZW.

The Sprint brand is left in place, and Masa gets to play with his investment.

Excellent idea!

What would be cool is if they gave the customer a choice of one of the add-on options for free (maybe to customers of 5+ yrs or something):

• International data
  • hotspot data
  • 3 (or some number) phone swaps a year
  • some company's music subscription (Google, pandora, etc)
They made international roaming a free add on to older plans when they rolled it out, why would it be any different for all in? Some one here mentioned its even the same $60 plan plus $20 lease but with different marketing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

They didnt screw around. Basically UPS'd 30 boxes to each radio shack with everything needed to open a store using radio shack fixtures. It took me 3 days from the time i walked in the door to get it ready to go and selling. From there it was just a matter of me or one of my reps maning our side of the store. All the sprint employees in RS are very aggressive at talking to everyone about Sprint.

My store isnt the busiest but we finished june in the top 20% of Swas stores and we are blowing past the goals we are given. I cant wait for the remodel though, they are doing about 70 a week and starting in the Indy market this month.

• Like 18

http://imgur.com/hPlyDLt

I sent an email to Sprint regarding what plans were actually affected and which plans would actually be subject to change under the effects of these new changes, I received this.

So I assume "previously had streaming video limitations" means they don't anymore?
  • Like 2

http://imgur.com/hPlyDLt

I sent an email to Sprint regarding what plans were actually affected and which plans would actually be subject to change under the effects of these new changes, I received this.

This confirms what CS told me yesterday about my unlimited Framily plan.

• Like 1

I'm happy you guys won, but I still see issues here, mainly that Sprint still has overages and shared bucket plans with overages. Maybe a plan with shared data but a 512 Kbps throttle? Something not as arbitrarily bad as what T-Mobile does. I'd also stick a fork in the contracted plans.

• Like 4

I'm happy you guys won, but I still see issues here, mainly that Sprint still has overages and shared bucket plans with overages. Maybe a plan with shared data but a 512 Kbps throttle? Something not as arbitrarily bad as what T-Mobile does. I'd also stick a fork in the contracted plans.

Two thumbs up

That means that one person can screw everyone on the plan over. If one person abuses the data and pushes it over 20GB then everyone is going to get slow speeds.

I feel like part of the reason why T-Mobile is able to institute throttling so well is because they don't have shared data plans. Everyone gets an equal share of data on the plan and if that specific person goes over their allotment then they get throttled.

• Like 2

I dont get the new plan.

Wasnt the big thing unbundling and splitting off the plan and the phone so its all fair and square and you know what you're paying and whatever?

But now putting them back together into an "All In" bundle is the latest and greatest inovation..!? And yet All In still requires surprise activation fees, and numerous other taxes and surcharges making it not al in at all? Never mind no insurance....

It seems like the entire industry is running in circles announcing new plans every 6 months... and yet the best course of action is always to stay on the older plans.

I'm just going to sit back with my ED1500 plan and raise my eyebrows at all this back and forth.... and look forward to getting an upgrade for a penny in a couple of months.

• Like 6