iPhone 6 omnibus thread

sbolen

I called my local store yesterday and sales rep confirmed that they would match the price of any competitors quote (including t-mobile) for buying back a device.

FANTASTIC. I might even get the 128 gb device then. 

No...nvm that. Definitely not getting that much space. I have no need for it. I'll use the remaining credit as a credit towards the account to cover the activation fee :P

Yikes 4-6 week wait for 6+. Have to wait on ordering from Sprint. Guess the 5 will do for now, only downer is I wanted to use ios8. If they price match wonder how much I could get for iPhone 5 and lg g2?

Edited by Madfelon

Maybe Lane Bryant will carry the iPhone 6 Plus.

:P

AJ

• Like 4

Yikes 4-6 week wait for 6+. Have to wait on ordering from Sprint. Guess the 5 will do for now, only downer is I wanted to use ios8. If they price match wonder how much I could get for iPhone 5 and lg g2?

I did a quote for the iPhone 5 for a friend from T-Mobile who offers more...It was $230 I believe.

Question about the buyback.  If you order online and have the new phone shipped to you can you still take your old phone into a sprint store for the buyback part of the transaction once you get the new phone.  The whole idea of shipping it and waiting forever for the credit to be applied does not sit well with me.

Your iPhone 5 will receive it's iOS 8 upgrade on Wednesday the 17th! 

• Like 1

Question about the buyback.  If you order online and have the new phone shipped to you can you still take your old phone into a sprint store for the buyback part of the transaction once you get the new phone.  The whole idea of shipping it and waiting forever for the credit to be applied does not sit well with me.

Sprint's buyback website says you must go to a store if you want Sprint to match a competitors buyback quote. 

Sprint's buyback website says you must go to a store if you want Sprint to match a competitors buyback quote. 

I understand that.  I am just wondering if you can order the phone online and have it shipped to your house but go to the store to do the buyback.  Basically do you have to buy the phone in store to do the buyback or are they two independent transactions?

I am still surprised that Apple could not come up with a more creative naming convention than the bland iPhone 6 Plus.

For example, the standard size model could have been the iPhone 6, while the plus size model could have been the iPwned 6 -- for the e-peeners foolish enough to buy that oversized thing.

AJ

• Like 1

I am still surprised that Apple could not come up with a more creative naming convention than the bland iPhone 6 Plus.

For example, the standard size model could have been the iPhone 6, while the plus size model could have been the iPwned 6 -- for the e-peeners foolish enough to buy that oversized thing.

AJ

Fwiw, its actually an old name add-on to the original Macintosh line.
  • Like 2

Went to the store and preordered mine this morning. I guess they changed from doing the list to ordering them via directship so next week they have one with your name on it. No trying to be first to get the first one out the door.

I went with a 64gb 6 in black. The rep said they should arrive by the 19th but they weren't going to promise anything.

I remember, but I highly doubt this is a historical reference to that.  It is just a dull coincidence.

AJ

They could have gone even more old school and called it the 6e after the original Apple computer lineup.  I have very fond memories of using an Apple IIe (and IIc) back in the day.  Still waiting on someone to port Wavy Navy to iOS.

• Like 1

Shipping times are:

iPhone 6: all models 9/19

iPhone 6 Plus: 7-10 business days. It appears that Apple produced less Plus models for initial ship than they did of the 4.7" models. How totally predictable of them, unfortunately.

Apple should have known. People have been crying for an iPad sized phone since, well, always. Stock should have been equal, if not greater with the plus model.

This is true. Just proves the point that folks want a bigger phone but for Apple to not be ready is quite odd. 

I'm still trying to figure out if the 6plus is too big....

Go to versus.com and enter the phones you want to compare and it shows you visually. i believe there is also a Photoshop cutout template somewhere (I think it was on android police) that you can print, attach to a cardboard and cut it to size to see how it feels in your hand as well as put in your pants. 

TS

...attach to a cardboard and cut it to size to see how it feels in your hand as well as put in your pants. 

Quoted without comment.

AJ

• Like 7

Vince, on 12 Sept 2014 - 05:35 AM, said:snapback.png

Apple should have known. People have been crying for an iPad sized phone since, well, always. Stock should have been equal, if not greater with the plus model.

This is true. Just proves the point that folks want a bigger phone but for Apple to not be ready is quite odd. 

I think the the current issue is that all of the people who wanted the 6+ are trying to pre-order them, because they know that stock will be limited. Apple is probably having more 6+ pre-orders than they originally anticipated. This is good for me though because that means the 6 should be plentiful. lol

I think the the current issue is that all of the people who wanted the 6+ are trying to pre-order them, because they know that stock will be limited. Apple is probably having more 6+ pre-orders than they originally anticipated. This is good for me though because that means the 6 should be plentiful. lol

4783199038_264bd238ba_z.jpg

"I think I may have one in back!"

If you have never seen the Futurama "EyePhone" episode, I highly recommend it.  It's one of my favorites.  It's on Netflix.  Stream it now!!!

The episode is called "Attack of the Killer App" in Season 7, Episode 3.  Worth 20 minutes of your life.

Robert

• Like 5

Anyone know how the promo... "free iPhone 6 valued at $199 with trade in of existing iphone" will work on plans without a subsidy?

Sent from my Galaxy S5 on the Sprint Network

i'm curious about this as well..... my wife has an iphone5 and we are on a Framily plan (the old contract on her phone from before switching to Framily is up this month). i can't imagine we could walk into the store and give them her iphone5 and walk out with an iphone6 without paying anything more per month....

has anyone found out any info on this on how that promo applies to easy pay/non contract phones? I was going to do sprint chat today to find out but it hasn't popped up as being available all day long.

• Like 1

Well, the system reset my eligibility so I can now buy on Easy Pay, but with pre-orders online not giving a pickup in store option, can telesales do anything for that? Frankly, this whole middle of the night pre-ordering thing is quite annoying. Many of us don't get the chance we need. Anyone have any ideas?

People want their phones to look like them.  The Plus sizing of America.

AJ