iPhone 6 omnibus thread

sbolen

Enjoy the advantage now - I have a feeling that in a few cycles, we'll have the same production delays thanks to the iPhone for life plans.

It's a great problem for Sprint to have.

Yeah. When the 7 comes around I'll be eligible for an upgrade so thankfully I'll be able to order on the Apple website instead.

I talked to 2 Sprint stores today, and they have no idea if they'll even get iPhone 6's beyond the direct ship that pre-orders were done today. So in some cases, you could stand in line, and still not get one on the 19th. :(

I always call and ask if they have one in stock before going in. That's how I got my 5s. I got the last one in the store. 

I always call and ask if they have one in stock before going in. That's how I got my 5s. I got the last one in the store.

I plan on being there on Friday and see if they have one.

I confirmed with the Genius Bar at the Apple Store by my house - if you want an unlocked, off-contract iPhone 6/+, you have to walk into the store after the preorder period and take regular stock.

So that's going to make for some interesting lunch breaks for me throughout the end of September. :)

I just went and ordered an unlocked plus 128 at the Sprint store by my home (paid in full). They could not give me a date at this point since stock said zero. If I had to guess it will be four to six weeks.

I just went and ordered an unlocked plus 128 at the Sprint store by my home (paid in full). They could not give me a date at this point since stock said zero. If I had to guess it will be four to six weeks.

GAWd. I guess I will have to wait a while for my 6 lol.....

• Like 1

I've got that Barclaycard 0% financing card for purchases with Apple, so I'm going that route... Which means I have to call the Two Apple Stores by my house/work almost daily to find out shipment info. Fortunately, I know a few Apple retail employees, so I'm hoping against hope they could stash one for me. Lol

• Like 2

I've got that Barclaycard 0% financing card for purchases with Apple, so I'm going that route... Which means I have to call the Two Apple Stores by my house/work almost daily to find out shipment info. Fortunately, I know a few Apple retail employees, so I'm hoping against hope they could stash one for me. Lol

I may be totally wrong about the ship date. I just hate that I could not pay for the phone the way I wanted to, had to whip out the credit card. Just funny to me that someone would not accept cash for payment.

I may be totally wrong about the ship date. I just hate that I could not pay for the phone the way I wanted to, had to whip out the credit card. Just funny to me that someone would not accept cash for payment.

It's odd because there's no transaction fees for cash; I have no idea why a merchant wouldn't accept cash over plastic.

Just be glad you two have credit cards. I have to live on a cash basis, which makes it harder to get something until I've saved up for it. :(

• Like 2

Just be glad you two have credit cards. I have to live on a cash basis, which makes it harder to get something until I've saved up for it. :(

I have plenty of cards...I only use 2. One is currently paying for my classes, and the other is my daily use card. You can rack up a balance pretty quick if you aren't careful. I The others are sitting in a box after I paid them off with my tax return. They won't be coming out unless it's an absolute emergency. 

• Like 1

I understand Josh. I did not want to use a card since i had saved money to pay for it. If i had known they would not taken cash, I would have left the momey in my checking account and used my debit card.

I understand Josh. I did not want to use a card since i had saved money to pay for it. If i had known they would not taken cash, I would have left the momey in my checking account and used my debit card.

I love debit cards. You just have to hope your bank backs you up in case of fraud.

• Like 1

Does Sprint use UPS or FedEx for its deliveries? I really hope my iPhone 6 arrives Friday morning and not evening as I'm going camping that weekend.

You'll be camping and on your new iPhone all weekend.

Sent from my iPad mini

• Like 2

You'll be camping and on your new iPhone all weekend.

Hehe, actually I turn off and put away my phone as soon as everyone gets there. That's the whole purpose of camping, getting away from it all!

• Like 1

You have a Serve card and didn't think about American Express protection.

There are interesting benefits to using a card for the purchase - I think Discover, for instance, doubles warranty periods on electronics. So the 90 day from Apple is extended to 180 days (but you have to call & file the claim through the card).

I'm taking my family on vacation with miles racked up from card use. I pay my American Airlines card off in full every month, and have all bills & expenses running through it.

I had to work my tail off to get to this point with money and paying off debts, but the round trip airfare and hotel will be worth it.

• Like 1

You have a Serve card and didn't think about American Express protection.

Yes, I do have it, but haven't had a chance to use it. I hate the caps on how much you can add to it at a time.

AT&T said they had a record number of phones sold overnight. I bet Verizon and Sprint did, too. T-Mobile's ordering, per TMONews, didn't go so smooth.

Any guesses on overnight numbers? It's gotta be something gaudy.