iPhone 6 omnibus thread

sbolen

Ok, let me make sure I got this straight.  This proposed iPhone for Life (hereafter i4L) plan, is that $50 total or $50 + $10 smartphone fee?

If so, here's how my current plan would stack up against the i4L plan if I'm reading everything right.  If I'm doing this right, I would save almost $200 over two years by switching to the i4L plan AND also get unlimited minutes (not that I've ever gone over).  I'm currently on one of those SERO plans.  

WZs95gA.png

So is there any reason for me NOT to change to the i4L plan?  

(edited to replace the table which went poof with an image file)
Edited by nobius

Just listed my phone on eBay

I may need to pull the auction if I can't get a full-retail priced iPhone on launch day. 

FWIW I get better prices selling phones on Swappa. (I also get cheaper prices buying there as well oddly enough). Also add a pic of the SIDE of the phone. People seem downright obsessive about making sure the iPhone "doesn't have chips all over the sides"

Ok, let me make sure I got this straight.  This proposed iPhone for Life (hereafter i4L) plan, is that $50 total or $50 + $10 smartphone fee?

If so, here's how my current plan would stack up against the i4L plan if I'm reading everything right.  If I'm doing this right, I would save almost $200 over two years by switching to the i4L plan AND also get unlimited minutes (not that I've ever gone over).  I'm currently on one of those SERO plans.  

Current

i4L Plan

Talk

500 min

Unlimited

Text

Unlimited

Unlimited

Data

Unlimited

Unlimited

Price/Mo

$69.99

$50.00

Price/Yr

$839.88

$600.00

Price/2Yrs

$1679.76

$1200.00

Phone Cost 

$299.00

One time Purchase

$600.00 Total ($25/mo)

Total

$1978.76

$1800.00

So is there any reason for me NOT to change to the i4L plan?  

Yes. The plan is $50 + $20 for the phone as outlined here http://www.sprint.com/landings/iphone/ Check https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L4FXkfyfM69LNJ6-vJ0baMZxdSWJ8N8aQNS_vVd5XOM/ for how much the plan will cost yearly. 

So you gain unlimited talk out of the deal and it costs you $1680 on i4L plan over 2 years vs the $1978.86 you outline here. It is a better savings than you calculated.

Do Sero plans qualify for employer discounts?

Edit: Getting the i4L with Tep ($11/mo?) is cheaper than your current plan W/O insurance. Cool deal.

Okay, not sure if anyone's mentioned this yet (read back several pages but didn't see anything), but will we be able to order off-contract from apple.com tonight?

Or what have people's experiences been with preordering an off-contract Sprint iPhone?

According to this site, it's not possible to order off contract on pre order. Can anyone confirm?

Normally apple delays the off contract sales to avoid creating a scalpers market. I'm sure eventually they'll offer the phones off contract.

According to the Apple Chat people, we can order full-price tonight:

94ZQMzi.png

• Like 3

FWIW I get better prices selling phones on Swappa. (I also get cheaper prices buying there as well oddly enough). Also add a pic of the SIDE of the phone. People seem downright obsessive about making sure the iPhone "doesn't have chips all over the sides"

I've seen phones on eBay that have been carrier unlocked go for $475-500. Do Swappa phones hit that high? (Just curious, because I can still pull my auction if that's the case).

I bet you could do the 2am online thing. FYI...Test it out now by signing on and attempting to purchase a 5s and if the phone comes up at full price you can be 90% sure that you can get it at 2am tomorrow.  

I've seen phones on eBay that have been carrier unlocked go for $475-500. Do Swappa phones hit that high? (Just curious, because I can still pull my auction if that's the case).

There is a Sprint 5S 64GB for $660 right now but I think that is someone being hopeful. 64GB phones do tend to hold their premium pretty well. 

For me I'm on the SERO-P plan that costs me 50.00 a month and I still keep the subsidy. The new plan is Lease only no subsidy you pay almost full price.

Does that $50 include the $10 smartphone fee?  My SERO is $60+$10 fee = $70.

My SERO 500-P is the original plan. The 50.00 is including the smartphone fee. When It came out it was a $30 plan. Then if you wanted a fancy phone you had to change to the SERO-P at 40 and then you pay the $10.00 Premium data fee.

I get 500 minutes BUT any call to ANY CELL is FREE and UNLIMITED AND nights and weekends are free!

it's was funny last night I tried to explain this to another poster on Sprints official community and my post was rejected and I was told that you are not allowed to discuss SERO in Detail!

WOW!

Yes. The plan is $50 + $20 for the phone as outlined here http://www.sprint.com/landings/iphone/ Check https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L4FXkfyfM69LNJ6-vJ0baMZxdSWJ8N8aQNS_vVd5XOM/ for how much the plan will cost yearly. 

So you gain unlimited talk out of the deal and it costs you $1680 on i4L plan over 2 years vs the $1978.86 you outline here. It is a better savings than you calculated.

Do Sero plans qualify for employer discounts?

Edit: Getting the i4L with Tep ($11/mo?) is cheaper than your current plan W/O insurance. Cool deal.

If you are like me and you have the original SERO-P plan you pay $40 plus $10 Prem Data and you get the Subsidy!! The new plan is lease only.

And the 500 minutes plan has unlimited CELL to CELL any carrier! Unlimited nights and weekends all for 50.  Unlimited TXT and FREE ROAMING!!! DATA AND PHONE!! 

If you are like me and you have the original SERO-P plan you pay $40 plus $10 Prem Data and you get the Subsidy!! The new plan is lease only.

And the 500 minutes plan has unlimited CELL to CELL any carrier! Unlimited nights and weekends all for 50.  Unlimited TXT and FREE ROAMING!!! DATA AND PHONE!! 

Correct. For users like yourself I doubt there will ever be a plan to match yours. Don't forget to divide your downpayment cost across the 24 months. So your cost is actually ~$58.30 + tax. Either way for the privileged few SERO-P is an excellent plan. 

• Like 1

anyone who has trouble buying one 'off-contract' simply sign up for the iphone4life plan, pay nothing, then call in a couple days later and change the plan to either easy-pay or contract, pay whatever due for the device you already have.

• Like 1

Yes it does! My Plan was the SERO 500 at $30 then when you wanted cooler devices you needed to upgrade to the SERO-P which I did that was $40.00. Then on devices that were data hogs they added the $10.00 Premium data add on at $10 TOTALING $50.00

Correct. For users like yourself I doubt there will ever be a plan to match yours. Don't forget to divide your downpayment cost across the 24 months. So your cost is actually ~$58.30 + tax. Either way for the privileged few SERO-P is an excellent plan. 

I only bring this up is to help the people that still have this plan to be careful in deciding as you can NEVER get SERO back once it is gone!  

I paid off my iPhone 5s about an hour ago, and now when I go to sprint.com, it's telling me I have to wait 3 months before I can get a new device on easy pay. This isn't good by any means.

I paid off my iPhone 5s about an hour ago, and now when I go to sprint.com, it's telling me I have to wait 3 months before I can get a new device on easy pay. This isn't good by any means.

This intrigues me. I have not read on this forum about anyone paying off an easy pay phone. I was wondering if one would be instantly eligible or had to wait.

This intrigues me. I have not read on this forum about anyone paying off an easy pay phone. I was wondering if one would be instantly eligible or had to wait.

I'm on the phone with customer service, and they said eligibility resets in 5 days. I'm going to try to get that pushed up unless telesales can do something.