iPhone 6 omnibus thread

sbolen

Yeah 14.99 a month and I believe the deductible is 150 and they don't cover lost or theft (last time I remembered)

I'm a former BBY employee

TEP is still cheaper per month. :(

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Just looked on the Apple Store app and in the AppleCare info it says Apple will cover your headphones and charger as well. That's kind of cool and something I never knew.

I'll be buying AppleCare once my phone comes in. If it gets lost or stolen I'll just have to have my friends at a sprint store add TEP back on for me. [emoji41][emoji41]

Just looked on the Apple Store app and in the AppleCare info it says Apple will cover your headphones and charger as well. That's kind of cool and something I never knew.

I'll be buying AppleCare once my phone comes in. If it gets lost or stolen I'll just have to have my friends at a sprint store add TEP back on for me. [emoji41][emoji41]

I had no idea it covers the charger. Mine recently just stopped working for no reason. lol

I had no idea it covers the charger. Mine recently just stopped working for no reason. lol

A few months ago I had 3 cords replaced for free.

A few months ago I had 3 cords replaced for free.

What's the condition. Mine is starting to buckle up and it's annoying...Maybe I should get a new one before I get my new phone. Use it as the iPad charger since my brother broke that one....

• Like 1

Having worked for sprint I used to always pitch for TEP and argue against AppleCare becomes we didn't get paid on it. Now that I'm reading through what it covers it's pretty awesome. I can't think of any other manufacturer that covers stuff like that for free.

I just wonder if they would be nice enough to replace my 6 ft cord if that ever stopped working.

• Like 1

Yeah 14.99 a month and I believe the deductible is 150 and they don't cover lost or theft (last time I remembered)

Last time I tried to take advantage of the Best Buy warranty that I paid for on a product that I had dropped, I was told they do not cover user caused damage as part of their warranty.  If you drop your phone and crack the screen or drop it in water, it likely will not be covered because those are user caused issues that made the product no longer function properly.  I asked the BB rep what they actually cover that is not already part of the manufacturer's standard warranty and they could not tell me any additional benefit other than convenience of going to the store rather than mailing it in.

The Best Buy extended warranty is a total rip-off for products where the most likely damage is user caused and I will never purchase one of their warranties on anything I purchase again if it is a product that I might break.

• Like 1

$9.99 a month now. The $14.99 plan was discontinued in September 2013.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I can't think of any other manufacturer that covers stuff like that for free.

I just wonder if they would be nice enough to replace my 6 ft cord if that ever stopped working.

AppleCare isn't free, it's $99, and they'll only replace items in the box. An aftermarket 6 foot cord wouldn't be covered. Every iPhone does, however, include one year of warranty coverage for free. If anything breaks (naturally, and not caused by the user), they'll fix it for free, or swap for a new iPhone on the spot at the Apple store.

AppleCare isn't free, it's $99, and they'll only replace items in the box. An aftermarket 6 foot cord wouldn't be covered. Every iPhone does, however, include one year of warranty coverage for free. If anything breaks (naturally, and not caused by the user), they'll fix it for free, or swap for a new iPhone on the spot at the Apple store.

I knew that but even at $99 name me another manufacturer that does something like this? I'm not trying to be a smart ass here and I don't know it all but I don't recall ever hearing anyone else doing something like what Apple is offering.
  • Like 1

What's the condition. Mine is starting to buckle up and it's annoying...Maybe I should get a new one before I get my new phone. Use it as the iPad charger since my brother broke that one....

I brought 3 cords in at once. All I had to tell them was that they didn't work. The rep made sure they were original Apple cables (just by visual inspection) and then gave me 3 new ones. Never checked them for functionality or anything even though 2 of them looked almost brand new.

• Like 1

Has anyone used SquareTrade for their devices? I've been an AppleCare purchaser for a long time, but SquareTrade is giving me a least a little pause for thought.

Last time I tried to take advantage of the Best Buy warranty that I paid for on a product that I had dropped, I was told they do not cover user caused damage as part of their warranty. If you drop your phone and crack the screen or drop it in water, it likely will not be covered because those are user caused issues that made the product no longer function properly. I asked the BB rep what they actually cover that is not already part of the manufacturer's standard warranty and they could not tell me any additional benefit other can convenience of going to the store rather than mailing it in.

The Best Buy extended warranty is a total rip-off for products where the most likely damage is user caused and I will never purchase one of their warranties on anything I purchase again if it is a product that I might break.

Some plans have accidental coverage and some do not. You usually have to pay more for it and it will say in its name. On some items like TVs accidental isn't even offered. I'm pretty sure GSP on phones include accidental but you'll be paying the deductible. The current phone GSP plans mirror TEP pretty closely.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Has anyone used SquareTrade for their devices? I've been an AppleCare purchaser for a long time, but SquareTrade is giving me a least a little pause for thought.

I used them for my first iPad. They did a screen repair for me about two years ago. Pretty good turnaround time. I use AppleCare now. If you live close to an Apple store you can't beat the convenience of just being able to take it there for service. Plus I have always received excellent service from Apple.

I used them for my first iPad. They did a screen repair for me about two years ago. Pretty good turnaround time. I use AppleCare now. If you live close to an Apple store you can't beat the convenience of just being able to take it there for service. Plus I have always received excellent service from Apple.

If you don't live close to an Apple Store, call them up. Describe the problem and they will 1 day air you a brand new phone. You ship back your old phone and they determine whether to use one of your applecare replacements, or if it's a manufacturers flaw.

I live 3 miles from one, work 6 miles from the other - it's too convenient for me not to buy AppleCare.

I've never had a bad experience with AppleCare/the Apple Store.

If you don't live close to an Apple Store, call them up. Describe the problem and they will 1 day air you a brand new phone. You ship back your old phone and they determine whether to use one of your applecare replacements, or if it's a manufacturers flaw.

When I dropped my iPhone 3GS in water years ago, I called up Apple, they made me pay whatever few it was, and they shipped me a replacement in like a day or two. And I shipped back the old one. Very nice. I live 60+ miles foe the closest Apple Store, 70 miles from the closest Sprint store, and ~50 miles from the closest Best Buy.

I know this sounds bizarre, but as of yesterday, my Easy Pay upgrade date was bumped up to November 1st. Uh, I guess it'll be November before I can get my iPhone 6 Plus. Hopefully they'll have plenty in stock by then. :(

I know this sounds bizarre, but as of yesterday, my Easy Pay upgrade date was bumped up to November 1st. Uh, I guess it'll be November before I can get my iPhone 6 Plus. Hopefully they'll have plenty in stock by then. :(

Have you called to see if they'll move it up anymore? If you paid it off you should be able to upgrade right now.

Have you called to see if they'll move it up anymore? If you paid it off you should be able to upgrade right now.

That's the crazy thing. They originally said 5 days, and then on Friday it changed to immediate, then yesterday it changed to November 1st. So I'm hoping that by Wednesday it'll change back to immediate.

That's the crazy thing. They originally said 5 days, and then on Friday it changed to immediate, then yesterday it changed to November 1st. So I'm hoping that by Wednesday it'll change back to immediate.

Well here's hoping it does change for ya.

If not I wouldn't be surprised if they said sorry for ya and kept it the same.

Well considering even the preorders aren't going to arrive until November, you shouldn't be too late to the party. :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk