iPhone 6 omnibus thread

sbolen

AT&T said they had a record number of phones sold overnight. I bet Verizon and Sprint did, too. T-Mobile's ordering, per TMONews, didn't go so smooth.

Any guesses on overnight numbers? It's gotta be something gaudy.

All of these record numbers are scaring me. I don't want to have to call sprint starting next friday every single morning to find out that the iPhone 6 is not in stock every single day. I sure hope they get ample supply of inventory for people who did not pre-order!

All of these record numbers are scaring me. I don't want to have to call sprint starting next friday every single morning to find out that the iPhone 6 is not in stock every single day. I sure hope they get ample supply of inventory for people who did not pre-order!

I'm in that same boat. This will be the first iPhone since the 3G that I won't have on Launch Day.

I'm sure units are being pushed out of the Chinese Slave Factories as fast as their broken dreams can assemble them.

• Like 4

Ha. I just hope they don't run out of the 6 as fast as they did the 6+.... I sure hope they made enough lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think Demand for the 6+ is going to continue to be huge - keeping up with that demand will be very difficult. I don't see problems with the. 4.7" iPhone 6.

• Like 1

There are interesting benefits to using a card for the purchase - I think Discover, for instance, doubles warranty periods on electronics. So the 90 day from Apple is extended to 180 days (but you have to call & file the claim through the card).

Discover only refunds the cost you paid for the device. So if you bought it on contract they would refund the $200+tax and that's it. Apple devices have a 1 year warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does Sprint use UPS or FedEx for its deliveries? I really hope my iPhone 6 arrives Friday morning and not evening as I'm going camping that weekend.

Fedex

Every phone or hotspot that I've purchased from Sprint has used UPS. Maybe different areas use one or the other.

Discover only refunds the cost you paid for the device. So if you bought it on contract they would refund the $200+tax and that's it. Apple devices have a 1 year warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, brainfart. It is one year. 90 days is the telephone support.

Speaking of insurance. What're you guys planning to use to insure these new phones? I saw an article on insuring our new investments and it made me think about other possibilities besides TEP.

Best option is AppleCare. TEP is too expensive.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Best option is AppleCare. TEP is too expensive.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I argued this for an hour with my friends. AppleCare is better if water damage and theft aren't a concern. Personally, I don't mind paying $11/mo for a full blanket of coverage. I've been paying it for years and have never made a claim. Another friend of mine has a 5s with att on their next program. No insurance, just a life proof case (which had a leak in it somehow). He was drinking and thought it would be fun to take the phone in the pool. After drying the phone for a few hours in rice, it came back to life, sans both cameras. Lesson learned: insurance on a $700-$1000 iPhones is a must.
  • Like 1

What about covering lost or stolen? I've never lost a phone but I have had one stolen before. Apple won't cover a stolen phone.

I have been looking at AppleCare since it's cheap up front and covers pretty much everything.

Does SquareTrade cover theft?

Discover card covers your device against loss or damage for one year, all you have to do is buy the phone with it. I used it for my 5S' damaged screen last year. Got a replacement phone from Apple for $250, sent Discover the bill, got a check in the mail a few weeks later. Couldn't have been easier. 

It's a great perk of having their card. They extend the warranty 1 year past the manufacturer's warranty as well. 

Discover card covers your device against loss or damage for one year, all you have to do is buy the phone with it. I used it for my 5S' damaged screen last year. Got a replacement phone from Apple for $250, sent Discover the bill, got a check in the mail a few weeks later. Couldn't have been easier.

It's a great perk of having their card. They extend the warranty 1 year past the manufacturer's warranty as well.

Awesome. I have a discover card... I'll use it for my purchase that way if I lose the phone I can have it replaced. I intend on getting applecare anyways for the extra year of coverage, but awesome to know that.

Thanks!

• Like 1

From what I remember it doesn't. They used to but they no longer cover it anymore.

That sucks. Guess I'll just have to keep extra careful not to lose my phone since I'll be getting it on Easy Pay.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

Does Geeksquad cover phones bought at best buy mobile?

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

Yeah 14.99 a month and I believe the deductible is 150 and they don't cover lost or theft (last time I remembered)

I'm a former BBY employee

• Like 1