iPhone 6 omnibus thread

sbolen

The Sprint, AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile sites have all had big troubles at times. Means a huge number of people are buying the new iPhones ;)

I wonder what the next Samsung commercial will be?

"Is Apple telling you that it will be six weeks before your new phone will arrive?  PLEASE visit our website and purchase a Samsung device.  We have plenty in stock ready to ship....  If you do not buy one soon, our executives will send us to a labor camp in North Korea!!!!"

I wonder what the next Samsung commercial will be?

"Is Apple telling you that it will be six weeks before your new phone will arrive? PLEASE visit our website and purchase a Samsung device. We have plenty in stock ready to ship.... If you do not buy one soon, our executives will send us to a labor camp in North Korea!!!!"

Samsungs commercials are pathetic. Lol.
  • Like 1

Well, the system reset my eligibility so I can now buy on Easy Pay, but with pre-orders online not giving a pickup in store option, can telesales do anything for that? Frankly, this whole middle of the night pre-ordering thing is quite annoying. Many of us don't get the chance we need. Anyone have any ideas?

Lucky!  I had an awful experience via Sprint Chat last night while trying to pay it off.  Long story short, the care rep knew I was trying to pay off my device, but since it was getting somewhat close to their 10:30 central time cutoff, transferred me to a sales rep that couldn't process the payment.  (but the sales rep was terrific.  Very friendly, quick to reply and answered all my questions)

Oh fun stuff!  Oh well.  Getting it resolved now. 

• Like 1

Samsung Publicly: LOOK AT ALL THE STUPID PEOPLE STANDING IN LINE!

Samsung behind closed doors: WHY CAN'T WE GET PEOPLE TO STAND IN LINE LIKE THAT?

I just don't see the maturity of insulting customers who have iPhones. Hey, you're stupid for wanting an iPhone. You Sheep. Now, give us your money and come get a Samsung device. 

• Like 3

I see there are other people on here who are trying to preorder, but can't due to misunderstandings with paying off a current phone that is on Easy Pay. I paid off the balance to my phone this morning in hopes to be able to pre-order and use easy pay on the new iphone, then chat reps (online was forcing me to pay full price and phone reps transfer you to someone else to pre-order) kept telling me I'm not eligible for another year. I just got back from the store locally and we found a workaround! I added the iphone I wanted as a second line which is completely eligible for easy pay. Because my previous plan was purchased using Sprint Easy Pay for the device, the plan itself is paid monthly with the device being the "contract". With my device being paid off I am contractually not bound to my plan and am capable of canceling my current line with no fees. The downside is I have to get a new number. I moved to a new city and area code so I will benefit from having a local MSC anyways. If you are having problems, I would go into a store and speak with a rep about that option.

Now I just get to wait until I pickup my phone in store on Friday which he said would be the case since I pre-ordered early and they were surprisingly slow this morning!!!

• Like 1

Interesting.  So I paid off my easypay device and in My Account for the device, it shows, "You have no agreement or your agreement with us is complete."

However, I first joined Sprint last November and technically my 2 year contract doesn't end until November of 2015.  I was one of the kind of lucky ones that joined Sprint just early enough to qualify for the Framily plan without the additional fee ($15 or something per line?).

I thought that my contract would still run until next November regardless, but since I bought a easypay device and paid it off I don't have that contract anymore?  Does the easypay installment agreement completely take over and void the 2 year contract?

Oh well...  Now hopefully they update my easypay status since the old device has officially been marked as paid in their system so I can preorder the 6 and get it the same day as my wife's!

EDIT:  Or as stated by cyclone above, I could just add a new line since my Framily is at 9 and then cancel my current line after receiving the phone..  Oh options.  Seems like a lot of work, but if I can't preorder by tomorrow then I may go that route.

I've been doing a lot of reading on this to better understand how the loophole worked for me. My line (my current number) is not eligible for an upgrade until May of 2016. If I had a device put on Easy Pay, I can pay the extra and get back to having eligibility at one year after that extra amount started being applied to my bill. The loophole works because my plan itself has no contract, just lacks eligibility for upgrade. This is because when you have a device using Easy Pay, your monthly plan is just a monthly plan with no actual contract. They just were holding your device hostage with the remaining balance.

Does Sprint Easy PaySM require an Installment Agreement?

Yes, Sprint Easy PaySM requires an Installment Agreement that allows a customer to pay for the device over 24 months. Additionally, the customer is subject to the terms of the selected service and is required to sign a month to month Service Agreement, but the customer will not be subject to a term commitment.

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Learn_more_about_Sprint_Easy_Pay/487c6885-c186-4f0d-b325-65b602af1de0

• Like 1

I confirmed with the Genius Bar at the Apple Store by my house - if you want an unlocked, off-contract iPhone 6/+, you have to walk into the store after the preorder period and take regular stock.

So that's going to make for some interesting lunch breaks for me throughout the end of September. :)

• Like 4

Contacted Sprint asking why the shipping time was 4-6 weeks even though I ordered right when the store opened. Looks like sprint has no iPhone 6+ stock ready for the 19th?

ldkrEC6.png

This is an Apple problem,  not a Sprint problem. My Dad was told the same at AT&T.

I confirmed with the Genius Bar at the Apple Store by my house - if you want an unlocked, off-contract iPhone 6/+, you have to walk into the store after the preorder period and take regular stock.

So that's going to make for some interesting lunch breaks for me throughout the end of September. :)

As with previous iPhones though, the unlocked versions will most likely be GSM only and not available (white listed) to be activated on Sprint.

It is a wait and see game for shipping. I got my order through in about an hour and 45 minutes after order time started.. Email conformations says UP TO three weeks to ship the phone. That's better then the 4-6 weeks times being posted now. I guess if they start send shipping notices by Wednesday then you know you got in early,

It is a wait and see game for shipping. I got my order through in about an hour and 45 minutes after order time started.. Email conformations says UP TO three weeks to ship the phone. That's better then the 4-6 weeks times being posted now. I guess if they start send shipping notices by Wednesday then you know you got in early,

Mine says the same and what I am reading is, Sprint has no idea how many or when they are getting phones. Looks like only Apple stores will have the 6+ on launch and well that really puts a WTF in the air. Maybe like with the 5 I will get a phones shipped email on launch day and have it same day.

As with previous iPhones though, the unlocked versions will most likely be GSM only and not available (white listed) to be activated on Sprint.

Meant to type "unlocked or off-contract" -- a/k/a, full retail price.

I wish we'd get to the point soon where there was only one SKU per phone/carrier agnostic model.

• Like 1

I preordered on Sprint website...finally got through at 5:30 am. Purchased at full price off contract. Got the 3 weeks time frame as well. Looking at some of the time frames that Verizon customers have (end of November) I feel pretty fortunate assuming we don't have any delays.

Meant to type "unlocked or off-contract" -- a/k/a, full retail price.

I wish we'd get to the point soon where there was only one SKU per phone/carrier agnostic model.

That's another beef I have with Apple - they could put out one SKU now that's capable of operating on all carriers, but they're in bed with the big two and their business model is so dependent upon subsidized prices that they cater to the carriers. Example: the model number for the VZW iPhone 6 is the same as the AT&T version, except that the CDMA radios are activated on the VZW model. You could conceivably purchase a VZW phone at full price (which comes unlocked out of the box) and put an AT&T sim in it and gain the option of using virtually any network but Sprint. But alas, we'll all keep buying the new iPhones when they come out and the cycle perpetually continues...I complain and then I turn around and contribute to the problem.

• Like 2

I preordered on Sprint website...finally got through at 5:30 am. Purchased at full price off contract. Got the 3 weeks time frame as well. Looking at some of the time frames that Verizon customers have (end of November) I feel pretty fortunate assuming we don't have any delays.

Enjoy the advantage now - I have a feeling that in a few cycles, we'll have the same production delays thanks to the iPhone for life plans.

It's a great problem for Sprint to have.

Flip flopped around trying to decide if I was going to wait in line on release day or preorder and finally settled on pre ordering.

And now I wait. :( 3-4 weeks is what the current estimate is. I'm hopeful that it doesn't take quite that long.

I talked to 2 Sprint stores today, and they have no idea if they'll even get iPhone 6's beyond the direct ship that pre-orders were done today. So in some cases, you could stand in line, and still not get one on the 19th. :(

Gigantic, gigantic, gigantic,

A big, big phone.

:P

AJ

• Like 1