LuisBOSS302

Can anyone tell me why I cant use data on a call when Im on LTE? This is very frustrating.

Sent from my LGLS990

Because it's not VoLTE.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Ok. So what. I could do it on uniband, why is it not working on a way more advanced device and network. I don't care its not VoLTE whatever that is because that's not Sprint. Can anyone maybe explain why a call compromises data transfer? It's epically dumb.

Sent from my LGLS990

Ok. So what. I could do it on uniband, why is it not working on a way more advanced device and network. I don't care its not VoLTE whatever that is because that's not Sprint. Can anyone maybe explain why a call compromises data transfer? It's epically dumb.

Sent from my LGLS990

Do you not understand what a triband phone is? There's one radio. It's literally impossible to pull data and voice at the same time because they both need a radio, and there's only one. Hence until there is volte, voice over LTE, you cannot do data and voice and the same time.

No Im not a network guru. Im here learning things. I can use 3G data and voice, but not LTE and voice. It's confusing. So that means 3G radio and 4G are separate and LTE and voice are using the same radio. So is the new network capable of VoLTE or is it device specific? I try reading all I can, but some of this stuff is confusing for people who don't know all the network lingo.

Sent from my LGLS990

Edited by sinisin

No Im not a network guru. Im hear learning things. I can use 3G data and voice, but not LTE and voice. It's confusing. So that means 3G radio and 4G are separate and LTE and voice are using the same radio. So is the new network capable of VoLTE or is it device specific? I try reading all I can, but some of this stuff is confusing for people who don't know all the network lingo.

Sent from my LGLS990

I wouldn't say you'd need to be a network guru, it's just doing your job as a consumer and knowing key things about what you're spending your money on. There's one radio, one for everything. No voice and data at the same time period. Volte is network and software dependent. From the way others have explained it essentially Sprint has to set the network up to operate volte, then phones that are capable would need a software update to enable it. I believe there is a thread for volte already, I would direct further questions there. A quick search should pull it up for you.
  • Like 2

Can anyone tell me why I cant use data on a call when Im on LTE? This is very frustrating.

Sent from my LGLS990

Because the Sprint isn't SVLTE (Simultaneous Voice and LTE) capable, though the Verizon LG G3 is.  I'll admit, I am jealous of that feature on my GF's LG G3.

Because the Sprint isn't SVLTE (Simultaneous Voice and LTE) capable, though the Verizon LG G3 is. I'll admit, I am jealous of that feature on my GF's LG G3.

It was a sacrifice that had to be made to get devices with both TDD and FDD LTE in them at reasonable rates.

Sent from my LG G3

• Like 2

Even when I had that on my S3, I only used it as a novelty and only because I knew it existed because of technical articles I read. In a common application, your average person probably wouldn't use that very often, if at all. I don't use headsets and such so it's even more uncommon for me to need it. I haven't really missed it since moving from the s3.

• Like 2

Nope.

I thought band 41 would be blazing fast, but turns out it was just average...

This was in Atlanta, I also hit 26 much of the time i was at the aquarium.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2014-07-19-17-39-36.png

Edit - I did manage to lose my HD voice cherry while in the ATL though.

Wow, yeah band 41 should be way faster but everything depends if it's complete. I'm in an area with only 4G LTE (Non-Spark) and the most I get is 35Mbps dn and 10Mbps up on band 26. So I average at 30Mpbs dn and 7Mbps up.

Give it some time and continue running systems updates. PRL/Profile/Firmware & software updates. Band 41 is capable of 60+Mbps...

Nope.

I thought band 41 would be blazing fast, but turns out it was just average...

This was in Atlanta, I also hit 26 much of the time i was at the aquarium.

attachicon.gif Screenshot_2014-07-19-17-39-36.png

Edit - I did manage to lose my HD voice cherry while in the ATL though.

It depends how close are you to the tower I took one screenshot yesterday here in Denver and 4g is not even complete in this market 8etuzady.jpg
  • Like 2

Even when I had that on my S3, I only used it as a novelty and only because I knew it existed because of technical articles I read. In a common application, your average person probably wouldn't use that very often, if at all. I don't use headsets and such so it's even more uncommon for me to need it. I haven't really missed it since moving from the s3.

I don't miss it as much but thats only because I have been talking a lot less on the phone(plus I carry two phones both synced with the same email addresses).  But at times when I am working out in the field for my job making numerous calls, it was very important to have simultaneous voice and data being that I could get time sensitive emails etc... right away instead of when I got off the call.

• Like 1

No Im not a network guru. Im here learning things. I can use 3G data and voice, but not LTE and voice. It's confusing. So that means 3G radio and 4G are separate and LTE and voice are using the same radio. So is the new network capable of VoLTE or is it device specific? I try reading all I can, but some of this stuff is confusing for people who don't know all the network lingo.

Sent from my LGLS990

Devices like the evo lte and gs3 could do 3g and lte with voice at the same time because of radio path design.  Devices like the htc one m7 and gs4 could no longer do 3g and voice but could still do lte and voice, again due to radio path design.  Unfortunately with newer devices like the one m8, gs5, g2, g3(all triband devices) can no longer do 3g and voice or lte and voice simultaneously, again due to radio path design its just not possible.  Now when sprint incorporates voice over lte then simultaneous voice and data will be supported.

• Like 3

Anyone know if you can turn off automatically expanding notifications?

I find it really annoying, especially with the quick toggles and volume already taking up so much room. One text and one email and it blows out all of the other notifications.

Sent from my LG G3

• Like 2

Nope. If anything, it is almost too small for me. Then again, I came from the Note 2. I like how LG packed the same size display into a smaller form factor, but any smaller, and I might drop the damn thing.  :unsure:

That said, it's a great device, and I am loving the sleekness of the thin bezel. Definitely worth a trip to your local Sprint store to check it out. :tu:

I had a note 2 and switched to the G2 to see if i would like the LG software...  Love it so far....

And yes the size drop was a bit weird for me....so how is it vs the Note 2???

I've read a few post were people say If you hold the phone a certain way it reduces the signal, would a defender help that per say? Still trying to get me a G3 to replace my current phone.

I'm not seeing this phenomenon. I'm not using a case, either.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

I've read a few post were people say If you hold the phone a certain way it reduces the signal, would a defender help that per say? Still trying to get me a G3 to replace my current phone.

This happens with every phone. When you completely cover the antennas in the back, you block some signal. It's not a unique problem. Unless you plan on holding the G3 in a death grip with both hands, it is not an issue.

Sent from my LG G3

Hah..I unplugged mine 2hr 3min ago from charge...and it's still showing 100% left. I'm loving it.

I mentioned the Georgia aquarium visit in previous posts here on the G3  thread...I took 167 photos on the visit to the aquarium with my phone....I still had 18% or so battery when we got in the van to leave.