LuisBOSS302

Has anyone successfully used the LG QuickRemote app to control a TV or other electronics device with the built-in IR emitter?  I've tried four different TV's and it doesn't work at all.  I wonder if the IR emitter on the top of my G3 is defective.  I'm also running ART, so I'm not sure if that would make a difference.

Thanks!

Has anyone successfully used the LG QuickRemote app to control a TV or other electronics device with the built-in IR emitter? I've tried four different TV's and it doesn't work at all. I wonder if the IR emitter on the top of my G3 is defective. I'm also running ART, so I'm not sure if that would make a difference.

Thanks!

Yeah. I use it everyday. It works perfectly.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah. I use it everyday. It works perfectly.

Are you running ART or Dalvik runtime?

Not sure. Lol. I'm running the stock LG G3 rom. I came back from iOS so I'm a little lost. Haha

And coming from iOS where the question asked would be, "is there an app for that." Not are you running ART or Dalvik runtime...I have no idea what that means LOL

• Like 2

Are you running ART or Dalvik runtime?

Not sure. Lol. I'm running the stock LG G3 rom. I came back from iOS so I'm a little lost. Haha

And coming from iOS where the question asked would be, "is there an app for that." Not are you running ART or Dalvik runtime...I have no idea what that means LOL

*Cough cough* I think I can assist here. He's on Dalvik lol.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

*Cough cough* I think I can assist here. He's on Dalvik lol.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Software

Software

Did you mean to give information on ART(Android Run Time)?  That is nice short explanation that was published before it was officially released.

Has anyone successfully used the LG QuickRemote app to control a TV or other electronics device with the built-in IR emitter?  I've tried four different TV's and it doesn't work at all.  I wonder if the IR emitter on the top of my G3 is defective.  I'm also running ART, so I'm not sure if that would make a difference.

Thanks!

Did you accept the TOC for the LG apps? I know on G2 they have these and if you don't agree to them when prompted, you can't use some of the LG apps.

Did you accept the TOC for the LG apps? I know on G2 they have these and if you don't agree to them when prompted, you can't use some of the LG apps.

I sure did.  I think it is my Seidio Surface case that has only a very small opening for the IR emitter.  I was finally able to get it to work.  I didn't realize I had to keep pushing down on the buttons.  Previously, I was only trying a single tap thinking I could get the power or volume to work.

I could only use it within 6 feet of an LG TV at work today.  I had to press down continuously on the on-screen buttons for it to work and the beam is very narrow and I had to aim my phone down slightly.  I hate taking my case off to try it, but I may just break down and do that today.

Trying out G3 for a few days, So far its been pretty good. A couple of quick notes, looks like no built in Qi Wireless charging, and also Bluetooth still seems janky like the G2. Im connecting to my VW GLI Bluetooth and volume is excessively low. Another downside is I do notice some hiccups here and there in the UI, coming from my Nexus 5, its noticeable. 

On a brighter note, signal strength seems slightly better than my N5 using the latest radio, B25 performance is comparable, B26 is slightly stronger (2-3dBm stronger), and B41 is better(4-6dBm stronger) 

Update: After rebooting the phone, BT audio seems to be fine. Quality is very good as well.

Thanks!

I have tried it, so far not impressed at all. It's very touchy. You have to have it lined up directly in front of the sensor on the TV or it doesn't work. Sitting off to the side, above or below and it doesn't work. I tried to use it for a whole night and couldn't do it.

Also.

Who has had luck with texting while Wi-Fi calling in enabled? So far every text I have tried has failed. SMS or MMS.

Its funny....I notice that when its on wifi calling phone radio is disabled. But....when I do send sms it briefly connects to send the SMS/MMS then reconnects to wifi only, so yes, it does work.

Mine does nothing when I send text or pics. It sends through Wi-Fi as it should. Radio shows -120 ev-do rev.a Verizon. But that's SCP, there are no bars, and none show when texts or MMS sends

Do you get an LTE signal there?

Done that before. Didn't work. Just did it again, now it's working. Go figure.

Sent from my LG G3

David now has an LG G3, HTC One M8, and Nexus 5?  Robert is starting to feel threatened.

:P

AJ

• Like 4

Trying out G3 for a few days, So far its been pretty good. A couple of quick notes, looks like no built in Qi Wireless charging, and also Bluetooth still seems janky like the G2. Im connecting to my VW GLI Bluetooth and volume is excessively low. Another downside is I do notice some hiccups here and there in the UI, coming from my Nexus 5, its noticeable. 

On a brighter note, signal strength seems slightly better than my N5 using the latest radio, B25 performance is comparable, B26 is slightly stronger (2-3dBm stronger), and B41 is better(4-6dBm stronger) 

The G3 is capable of Wireless charging, it is built into it however it requires the Quick Circle case for it to function on the Qi Charger. At this time that is the only known way to make it work. Be sure it is the ones for the state and not international ones.

Since you are in Houston also how is your G3 doing on the tri-band Spark network here ?

Seems to be on par with my S5, 1-3 db better which isn't much. Haven't had much time to check my usual spots around town so I wouldn't know how well it holds onto signals and whatnot.

On a related note, I have notice that sometimes I see the dbm jump up by 10 or more sometimes while holding the phone, haven't been able to pinpoint the cause but I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed the same.

• Like 1

I have notice that sometimes I see the dbm jump up by 10 or more sometimes while holding the phone, haven't been able to pinpoint the cause but I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed the same.

Happens on mine all of the time.  The phone's receive antenna seems to be directional.  Sitting in my couch, as soon as I point the front or back of the phone toward the Sprint tower/site, I gain about 10db.  My signal is constanly bouncing up and down and my Nexus 5 never does that.  It drives me nuts that I am only .45 mi from the Sprint site and my signal is regularly -98 to -102dBm.  That is I-40 on the right side of the image.

Captur3e.PNG

While on a call, has anyone noticed pulses or faint ticking noise in the earpiece?  It is driving me crazy, even though it is very faint.  Sometimes I have to mash the phone to my ear to hear Verizon users due to their crappy voice codec/compression.  I hate to do an exchange, but I think I will be hitting up Best Buy tomorrow to do just that.