LuisBOSS302

Is something wrong with my G3 or has Sprint blocked the keyboard themes option for the LG keyboard? I downloaded a couple from LG Smartworld and it says to go to the LG Keyboard settings and then to Additional Settings, Themes, but under Additional Themes there just no such thing as Themes. Not there at all. I'm guessing they blocked it because they want us to buy those silly Sprint ID pack things.

Is something wrong with my G3 or has Sprint blocked the keyboard themes option for the LG keyboard? I downloaded a couple from LG Smartworld and it says to go to the LG Keyboard settings and then to Additional Settings, Themes, but under Additional Themes there just no such thing as Themes. Not there at all. I'm guessing they blocked it because they want us to buy those silly Sprint ID pack things.

I was able to change the theme for the keyboard under Keyboard Height and Layout, then Keyboard theme.

As for changing the theme for the phone, that seems to be gone!

• Like 2

I did not know the camera was set to 10MP by default. Bad decision by LG! :o

Its not really a bad decision per-say.  Based on the description provided in that link it would seem that the camera sensor is a native 4:3 13mp sensor, so if you want to take a widescreen(16:9) photo it will just crop the top and bottom off of the 13 mp photo which brings it down to a 10mp.   In comparison the galaxy s5 and htc one m8 has a native 16:9 camera sensor so if you want take a 4:3 photo then both will crop the left and right edges of the photo thus decreasing the total mp's used.  So yeah, thats whats happening when you select 10mp and that also doesn't mean that you are getting less detail either, the level of detail is the same its just that the photo itself is covering less area.

• Like 3

I loaded the Google launcher and now my g3 acts pretty much identical to my nexus 5. Even the 'ok Google' voice commands work

Ok Google works without installing the Now launcher. I'm a Now launcher fan so not dissing [emoji106]just saying it does work stock.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

well i just jumped in and got it.....Sprint not letting me do somethings between my 2 accts.....sooooo i did this....

now time to play line up your apps..... :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:

the only part of getting a new phone i dont like

• Like 2

Well yet to get me a G3, but one small question. I was watching a review the other day( like 2 or 3 am) and if I remember correctly he showed a way to change or reassign the rear buttons( volume up and down) to different apps. I loved my G2 to hold volume down to open the camera quickly. Just wondering if you you switch the volume up to a flashlight all, ie Tesla or similar, so with the screen off and in my pocket all I have go do is pill the phone out and hold volume up and I have a flashlight. Thanks, probably just me seeing things when I was sleepy haha.

I have not found a way to do this without root. There may be an app I'm unaware of but there is no native support which is a bummer. I to wanted to do the same thing but the only options I found were rooted.

Well yet to get me a G3, but one small question. I was watching a review the other day( like 2 or 3 am) and if I remember correctly he showed a way to change or reassign the rear buttons( volume up and down) to different apps. I loved my G2 to hold volume down to open the camera quickly. Just wondering if you you switch the volume up to a flashlight all, ie Tesla or similar, so with the screen off and in my pocket all I have go do is pill the phone out and hold volume up and I have a flashlight. Thanks, probably just me seeing things when I was sleepy haha.

Right now you're limited to camera and quick note via the volume buttons.

• Like 1

Where are you? Do you get any LTE at all? Have you done an airplane toggle in known LTE areas? Is anyone else experiencing issues?

Sent from my LG G3

Ive done it all. Airplane mode toggle, PRL Update, Profile Update, Reboots...all that I know. My wifes iphone is getting LTE and I'm not. My network is on LTE/CDMA and I'm located in Colonial Heights, VA. I just got the G3 today. Had LTE on my Note before i swapped. Nothing since i swapped though.

Ive done it all. Airplane mode toggle, PRL Update, Profile Update, Reboots...all that I know. My wifes iphone is getting LTE and I'm not. My network is on LTE/CDMA and I'm located in Colonial Heights, VA. I just got the G3 today. Had LTE on my Note before i swapped. Nothing since i swapped though.

You might have Sprint reprovision your line again, and check your SIM card. Sounds like there might be an issue there.

Sent from my LG G3

• Like 1

You might have Sprint reprovision your line again, and check your SIM card. Sounds like there might be an issue there.

Sent from my LG G3

Ok. Cool. I swapped it with a Online Chat agent so its highly probable that there could be an issue, lol.