LuisBOSS302

Accurate review from my own ownership experience. I'm underwhelmed by the g3 after 3 weeks of ownership

http://m.blogs.computerworld.com/android/24197/lg-g3-best-android-phone

This post, without even going to the article - which I've not and likely won't do - looks like troll bait. Anyone underwhelmed by the g3 shouldn't really be writing reviews on android phones. There's absolutely nothing underwhelming about the phone. It may not be overwhelming, but it'll hold its own. And the update quote someone posted just shows it's bait. LG's history with the G2 is much better than most others far as speed and number of updates. Two flagship phones in under a year....well I'm not gonna get into that, but it just seems like someone is jealous of the success of the g3 and ability+ speed of the phone.
  • Like 4

This post, without even going to the article - which I've not and likely won't do - looks like troll bait. Anyone underwhelmed by the g3 shouldn't really be writing reviews on android phones. There's absolutely nothing underwhelming about the phone. It may not be overwhelming, but it'll hold its own. And the update quote someone posted just shows it's bait. LG's history with the G2 is much better than most others far as speed and number of updates. Two flagship phones in under a year....well I'm not gonna get into that, but it just seems like someone is jealous of the success of the g3 and ability+ speed of the phone.

Yeah, I felt like the whole article was nothing more than a plug for the m8. I mean to each his own, but...

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

The writer is entitled to his opinion. Do I agree with it? Not really.

The writer slaps the face of public opinion in his writings on this device. Is the phone perfect? Nope. But, will we ever see a perfect handset? Never. There is always room for improvement and nothing is ever perfect.

That said, the G3 is one of the very best handsets out there and deserves all of the accolades it is receiving.

My only personal complaint is the slight jitter is see whilst scrolling in certain apps (Tapatalk). I'm betting this issue will be addressed in an update.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

I agree that the G3 is probably the best phone out there. I just wish they'd release their wireless back and be a little more open about talking about their upgrade plans.

I ended up getting a wireless sticker from Alibaba for $10.  It should be here in another week and a half 

I ended up getting a wireless sticker from Alibaba for $10. It should be here in another week and a half

Eh? Are you referring to a new back with four prongs? Or maybe a new antennae set for the back?

More info please!

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

Just the part about the camera is dookie. Proof to follow....I just drove home from Slidell, Louisiana yesterday. There has always been a desire to take photos while driving, like the Mississippi state line sign and the Alabama state line sign, but with other phones I never could just throw up from screen-off and start the camera quickly enough to get a photo that wasn't blurry. I usually post the photos when I stop to show where I am....yesterday I sent them to my wife since we had spent a week apart and it was our first time ever doing that. She was anxious for me to get home to her, so I used the phone to show her where I was with photos.

These were taken from screen off, I removed my knock on code and put just a swipe on lock screen with a camera shortcut (swipe up on camera icon from lock screen to launch it)

The camera took in-focus photos from screen off fast enough to do this, which disproves the supposed camera lag in the "review"

4ety5y3e.jpg

a4asu5u4.jpg

ja7abetu.jpg

• Like 5

Granted they aren't perfect, but a throw-up photo from lock screen...I think they are excellent under those circumstances.

By the time you got done fiddling with the s5, you would of been a 1/4 mile into Mississippi ????

And I think they look pretty damn good.

• Like 5

Picked up a G3 today.  Loving it.  I do miss having a menu key by the Home key but I'll get use to it.

skid beat me to it, but the recent apps button doubles as a menu button, just as the home button doubles as a Google Now launcher if you long press it.

• Like 4

Long press the multi task button. Menu! Voila

skid beat me to it, but the recent apps button doubles as a menu button, just as the home button doubles as a Google Now launcher if you long press it.

Thanks guys.  Still learning the little things. :P

I'm coming from a Nexus 5 and there's too much bloatware on the G3 in my opinion...

Is there anyway to get rid of them?

If you go in and uninstall Sprint Recommended apps, you can then go in and uninstall about 95% of the loaded bloat. I don't think you can remove Sprint Zone or Sprint Id, but just about all others like NASCAR, NBA, lookout, etc can be removed safely. The couple I couldn't remove I just hid. But yes, you have to uninstall sprint recommended apps first or the bloat will reappear upon reboot.

By the time you got done fiddling with the s5, you would of been a 1/4 mile into Mississippi ????

And I think they look pretty damn good.

I said that exact same thing when I told my wife that I was taking pics without really trying to focus. The s5 would have never allowed that quick of a reaction.
  • Like 1

I'm coming from a Nexus 5 and there's too much bloatware on the G3 in my opinion...

Is there anyway to get rid of them?

Yeah. You can uninstall or disable all of it except Sprint Zone and Sprint ID. Make sure you uninstall Sprint Recommended Apps first thing or it reinstalls all the bloats.