LuisBOSS302

Why else?...to get LTE...mind you i am 30 yards from tower

Rocking the G3

Ok, would be nice if you included more information. Is this the first time you've been in the area? Does this happen every time? How long were you there? 

So far my experience with the G3 has been that it picks up LTE faster than most my other devices. The connections optimizer does appear to keep track of where you have had LTE connections, and increases the number of scans when you are in that area.

• Like 3

Just wondering before I pull the trigger on this phone, how much do you guys notice screen sharpening on a  day-to-day basis?

Just wondering before I pull the trigger on this phone, how much do you guys notice screen sharpening on a day-to-day basis?

Not at all. It is not nearly as bad as people have made it out to be. Honestly, it is not even an issue at all on my copy.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

Ok, would be nice if you included more information. Is this the first time you've been in the area? Does this happen every time? How long were you there?

So far my experience with the G3 has been that it picks up LTE faster than most my other devices. The connections optimizer does appear to keep track of where you have had LTE connections, and increases the number of scans when you are in that area.

So do you suggest running the connection optimizer?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Not at all. It is not nearly as bad as people have made it out to be. Honestly, it is not even an issue at all on my copy.

Great, looks like there'll be another member of this thread soon, can't wait!

• Like 2

So do you suggest running the connection optimizer?

I run the connection optimizer. I don't even know it's running. I honestly didn't think it even worked, that's how transparent it is.

Just wondering before I pull the trigger on this phone, how much do you guys notice screen sharpening on a day-to-day basis?

Keep in mind I have a visual impairment, but I can certainly see this gorgeous screen. That being said, I have not noticed any of the oft-mentioned sharpening. Users are so different with their needs and wants in a device. I couldn't suggest this phone any more.

Best of luck with whatever device you choose.

• Like 2

So what's the verdict on this device? How is the boost in resolution and connectivity?

Check out the thread, you tell us what the verdict is for you. [emoji6]

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I see no reason not to.

I haven't played with connection optimizer on my phone since my wife's S3, but thought it messed with the wifi settings as well.  Forcing wifi on to connect to public wifi.  Is this not the case anymore?  I'll have to turn it on my wife's S5 because she has been having issues with LTE connection and I never thought to enable this setting.

Thanks.

Ditch the sprint connection optimizer and use the smart Wi-Fi toggle app. One drains battery and one saves it.

That was always my impression as well. I've watched just to verify the last couple of days, and the sprint optimizer ranks up there pretty high on battery usage. I'm not one of those battery sippers who kills everything just to save a bit, but I've never actually seen much benefit of the optimizer... That's coming from the note 2 however.

• Like 1

Ditch the sprint connection optimizer and use the smart Wi-Fi toggle app. One drains battery and one saves it.

Is this the one you speak of:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sebouh00.smartwifitoggler

Mav. :ninja:

Sent from Area 51 on my Sprint LG G3.

I haven't played with connection optimizer on my phone since my wife's S3, but thought it messed with the wifi settings as well. Forcing wifi on to connect to public wifi. Is this not the case anymore? I'll have to turn it on my wife's S5 because she has been having issues with LTE connection and I never thought to enable this setting.

Thanks.

It doesn't force you to connect to public WiFi. It may recommend it, but after you say no a couple of time it stops.

That was always my impression as well. I've watched just to verify the last couple of days, and the sprint optimizer ranks up there pretty high on battery usage. I'm not one of those battery sippers who kills everything just to save a bit, but I've never actually seen much benefit of the optimizer... That's coming from the note 2 however.

I don't have any issues with battery drain coming from the connection optimizer. I've posted several screenshots of my battery life, connection optimizer doesn't even register.

Additionally, it does not appear that WiFi is the only thing affected by connection optimizer. I do seem to connect to LTE much quicker while it is running, as long as I have visited the area before.

Sent from my LG G3

• Like 3

It doesn't force you to connect to public WiFi. It may recommend it, but after you say no a couple of time it stops.

I don't have any issues with battery drain coming from the connection optimizer. I've posted several screenshots of my battery life, connection optimizer doesn't even register.

Additionally, it does not appear that WiFi is the only thing affected by connection optimizer. I do seem to connect to LTE much quicker while it is running, as long as I have visited the area before.

Sent from my LG G3

I guess my point is, doesn't it turn on the Wifi when it sees a public Wifi network that is open.  There are many places including my work that I do NOT want to join a public open Wifi and would rather use my cell data.  This would in turn, cause battery drain because it would leave my wifi on in areas it should otherwise be off.  Maybe this is no longer the case, but I've experienced decent battery drain from wifi being on and not connecting (i.e. searching for networks constantly in the background).

I guess my point is, doesn't it turn on the Wifi when it sees a public Wifi network that is open. There are many places including my work that I do NOT want to join a public open Wifi and would rather use my cell data. This would in turn, cause battery drain because it would leave my wifi on in areas it should otherwise be off. Maybe this is no longer the case, but I've experienced decent battery drain from wifi being on and not connecting (i.e. searching for networks constantly in the background).

Umm, I leave my WiFi on all day, every day and haven't noticed any negative impacts.

Sent from my LG G3

Umm, I leave my WiFi on all day, every day and haven't noticed any negative impacts.

Sent from my LG G3

Wow, really?  Are you around wifi networks that you AREN'T connected to?  That is the key.  When I'm at home, I will use wifi all day and it SAVES battery.  However, when I'm out and about and leave wifi on especially when driving around town I have noticed a substantial battery impact from it scanning for new networks constantly.  Is this just me?

I have noticed a substantial battery impact from WiFi scanning for new networks constantly.  Is this just me?

I think it's just you.

I've not experienced this problem on any modern smartphone (from any platform or vendor)

• Like 2

Wow, really? Are you around wifi networks that you AREN'T connected to? That is the key. When I'm at home, I will use wifi all day and it SAVES battery. However, when I'm out and about and leave wifi on especially when driving around town I have noticed a substantial battery impact from it scanning for new networks constantly. Is this just me?

Most days I am in the office on Wi-Fi, but a day or two a week I am in the field at least part of the day and don't notice any significant impact on battery life from Wi-Fi scanning.

PayPal has been using more battery than WiFi the last fee days. I'm considering uninstalling it..

Sent from my LG G3

• Like 1

I think it's just you.

I've not experienced this problem on any modern smartphone (from any platform or vendor)

Most days I am in the office on Wi-Fi, but a day or two a week I am in the field at least part of the day and don't notice any significant impact on battery life from Wi-Fi scanning.

PayPal has been using more battery than WiFi the last fee days. I'm considering uninstalling it..

Sent from my LG G3

I stand corrected, it must have been an anomaly.  I do commute a TON for work >30k per year so maybe that is the reason I've noticed the problem.  I'm done thread-jacking.

Thanks guys!