LuisBOSS302

I stand corrected, it must have been an anomaly. I do commute a TON for work >30k per year so maybe that is the reason I've noticed the problem. I'm done thread-jacking.

Thanks guys!

I think it's a valid concern, I just haven't seen the problem. Are you looking at the percentages, or what way are you determining that Wi-Fi is causing the battery drain?

Sent from my LG G3

I think it's a valid concern, I just haven't seen the problem. Are you looking at the percentages, or what way are you determining that Wi-Fi is causing the battery drain?

Sent from my LG G3

I was noticing heavy battery drain due to percentages.  I have been since manually turning wifi on and off since then when I turn on bluetooth.  Real world problems, I know... :D

I was noticing heavy battery drain due to percentages. I have been since manually turning wifi on and off since then when I turn on bluetooth. Real world problems, I know... :D

Percentages are tricky. They don't always mean what you think :P

On Friday I will be away from Wi-Fi all day, will see if I notice anything.

Sent from my LG G3

• Like 1

I'm thinking connections optimizer works differently in different areas depending on the conditions/signal etc. I do a large amount of traveling and driving on a daily basis and many areas have poor signal. My guess is the optimizer works more trying to find a decent or best connection. I believe it was the first time I went to connect to optimizer, it gives you a message stating it could cause heavy battery drain. I must fall into that category. While the drain isn't horrible or mind blowing, it is one of the higher ones listed. post-36088-140666530177_thumb.jpg

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

I'm thinking connections optimizer works differently in different areas depending on the conditions/signal etc. I do a large amount of traveling and driving on a daily basis and many areas have poor signal. My guess is the optimizer works more trying to find a decent or best connection. I believe it was the first time I went to connect to optimizer, it gives you a message stating it could cause heavy battery drain. I must fall into that category. While the drain isn't horrible or mind blowing, it is one of the higher ones listed. attachicon.gifScreenshot_2014-07-29-14-13-32.png

I guess I will find out on Friday, but whenever I check, Optimizer doesn't even register on the battery use page. I even just checked to make sure it was still on, and it is. 

• Like 2

To funny ????. I checked my battery stats and PayPal doesn't show up on mine. I will say I've got no issues with the battery life on this device. Just cleared 11hrs with 32% remaining... And that's with optimizer. I can live with that!

The one minor complaint I have is the volume slider in the drop down notification bar. I would much rather have a brightness slider there. I've seen other variants have both volume and brightness sliders (which is a bit much) but it would be nice to have an option of what you'd rather have there. Overall, this device just pleases me more everyday ????

• Like 2

To funny . I checked my battery stats and PayPal doesn't show up on mine. I will say I've got no issues with the battery life on this device. Just cleared 11hrs with 32% remaining... And that's with optimizer. I can live with that!

The one minor complaint I have is the volume slider in the drop down notification bar. I would much rather have a brightness slider there. I've seen other variants have both volume and brightness sliders (which is a bit much) but it would be nice to have an option of what you'd rather have there. Overall, this device just pleases me more everyday

If I'm not mistaken, you can go into the edit menu for the toggles or whatever and change what sliders appear. I don't have the phone, so hopefully someone else can offer a little more specifics.

To funny . I checked my battery stats and PayPal doesn't show up on mine. I will say I've got no issues with the battery life on this device. Just cleared 11hrs with 32% remaining... And that's with optimizer. I can live with that!

The one minor complaint I have is the volume slider in the drop down notification bar. I would much rather have a brightness slider there. I've seen other variants have both volume and brightness sliders (which is a bit much) but it would be nice to have an option of what you'd rather have there. Overall, this device just pleases me more everyday

If I'm not mistaken, you can go into the edit menu for the toggles or whatever and change what sliders appear. I don't have the phone, so hopefully someone else can offer a little more specifics.

I want the slider completely gone, but I can't find a way to do it.

I also don't like that notifications automatically expand. But I can't seem to find a way to change that either.

I can't find an edit for slider either, but I think this may take care of your pop-ups.

attachicon.gif QuickMemo+_2014-07-29-19-01-57.pngattachicon.gif QuickMemo+_2014-07-29-19-02-23.pngattachicon.gif QuickMemo+_2014-07-29-19-02-39.png

Pop ups? I'm talking about expanded notifications.

uploadfromtaptalk1406683386946.jpg

Sent from my LG G3

I came from the note 2 and was also waiting for the note 4. I'm not the biggest TW fan and I really didn't use the s pen much either. The screen size on the g3 is comparable to the notes so I don't miss the size... Nor the s pen or TouchWiz. I buy my devices on contact so it was hard for me to justify the hefty price tag the note 4 is sure to come with when you can get the g3 for a steal at $99 on upgrade. Another big deciding factor for me was the camera. The s5 pics I took with my sons phone look outstanding, but they also have some weird fake/shadowy look to them and the low light pics still suffer a bit. I figured the note 4 would probably hold the same camera or very similar, and I loved the more natural look to the g3 pics. The g3 screen is also outstanding, and I prefer the more vanilla ui over tw. I've not regretted leaving the note at all.

• Like 2

I came from the note 2 and was also waiting for the note 4. I'm not the biggest TW fan and I really didn't use the s pen much either. The screen size on the g3 is comparable to the notes so I don't miss the size... Nor the s pen or TouchWiz. I buy my devices on contact so it was hard for me to justify the hefty price tag the note 4 is sure to come with when you can get the g3 for a steal at $99 on upgrade. Another big deciding factor for me was the camera. The s5 pics I took with my sons phone look outstanding, but they also have some weird fake/shadowy look to them and the low light pics still suffer a bit. I figured the note 4 would probably hold the same camera or very similar, and I loved the more natural look to the g3 pics. The g3 screen is also outstanding, and I prefer the more vanilla ui over tw. I've not regretted leaving the note at all.

I left the Galaxy S5 after only a month (3 weeks...something close to a month) because of two main things:

the camera app would take FOR---EV----ER to open. Nothing I did affected the 3+ second delay in opening the camera (from tapping to ready to shoot a pic)...and with a toddler, there are cute moments I want to capture and it was near impossible. The second thing was the battery. I couldn't deal with the extremely fast drain, usually by noon (after unplugging then sitting around the house until noon doing nothing but a little facebook and email), it would be down to <50%. That's just too much drain and I didn't know why.

My wife has the S5 also, and she loves it. Battery is great for her. Seems like when the screen is off, hers is barely even using the battery at all...and she hasn't complained to me (yet) about the camera app. but she doesn't take as many photos as I do.

All in all, the G3 was drastically better in both areas I listed. Battery is wonderful. I get 12+/- hours on battery, depending though on what I do and the signal where I am.

I was at a family reunion with my trusty g3 and the signal there was just pitiful. Barely 2-3 bars, and the 3G data on C-Spire SUCKS. Let me say that again...3G data on a C-spire tower in lower Mississippi (McComb, Tylertown, etc) REALLY SUCKS!!!!!

I never could get GPS or nothing to even pull up because hitting a C-spire tower meant dead 3G...it just wouldn't do data.

I couldn't load pages, couldn't sync...nothing. But jump from C-Spire to Sprint (which was B26 in that area and even some LTE that was great when it actually hit the sprint towers)...and immediately the GPS would start working...etc

Pain when you need to get directions, and GPS won't load, and you're already driving. I pulled over waiting I don't know how many times...and in Backwoods, Mississippi...it ain't cool to just pull over near someone's property...hah!!

There's my exp with the G3, from the S5. Other than the pathetic signal areas, the battery is wonderful. Even in the pathetic signal area, with it trying to use a dead data connection on C-Spire...the G3 still lasted me from 10am until 8:00pm...and several (50+ photos).

Normally I get 12 though.

• Like 3

Love the g3 camera. I also love that they trimmed the camera bloat unlike the s5. There's just enough to make it useful without all the crap to muddle thru.

• Like 2

I have a S5 now and it's been pretty good, it's just something about TouchWiz I can't put my finger on that don't work for me in a sense. I loved my G2, I know one thing I'll love on the G3 when I get it. The ability to have a Zerolemon battery haha, had one one my Note 2 and loved it so much. My upgrade is I'm Oct so I can get the Note 4 if I wanted to, but for now I'm still trying to get a G3.

• Like 2

I got the zerolemon put on my sons

s5. Its a sweet case. I'd proudly sport one on the g3???? Right now I'm using the Spigen Slim Armor. Nice bit of protection with minimal bulk.

I got the zerolemon put on my sons

s5. Its a sweet case. I'd proudly sport one on the g3???? Right now I'm using the Spigen Slim Armor. Nice bit of protection with minimal bulk.

I've been tempted to get a Zerolemon for my S5 but rather get a G3 then a Zerolemon once they come out with the ZeroShock case. I can deal with the size of it.

Accurate review from my own ownership experience. I'm underwhelmed by the g3 after 3 weeks of ownership

http://m.blogs.computerworld.com/android/24197/lg-g3-best-android-phone

"LG's poor track record and lack of commitment with upgrades also concern me"

I'd approach with caution folks.... G2 got 4 updates in something like 9 months and I'm sure we're not done yet. [emoji3]

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

What is the significance of which LTE band we are on? Found out today I'm on band 25. Heard something about this earlier.

Band 25 is Sprint's initial LTE band that is has been deploying since summer 2012. It is the most widespread at the moment.

Band 26 is low spectrum LTE that provides better in-building coverage and can help fill gaps between cell sites.

Band 41 is a repurposing of Clearwire's spectrum for high speed LTE. Currently, it can support speeds up to 70-80Mbps. As more carriers are deployed later this year and next, max speeds will approach 180Mbps. (New devices will be required to achieve those speeds).

• Like 9

Band 25 is Sprint's initial LTE band that is has been deploying since summer 2012. It is the most widespread at the moment.

Band 26 is low spectrum LTE that provides better in-building coverage and can help fill gaps between cell sites.

Band 41 is a repurposing of Clearwire's spectrum for high speed LTE. Currently, it can support speeds up to 70-80Mbps. As more carriers are deployed later this year and next, max speeds will approach 180Mbps. (New devices will be required to achieve those speeds).

Is there a way to get access to the other bands?