Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

thanks guys got it

I did a scan inside and out and got no sprint signal at all, but did get att verizon and tmo

sensorly shows sprint 4g for my home for sure

maybe i have to have the sprint sim in ? or phone activated for 'sprint'

dunno

You need at least the sprint sim to detect it, but you might lock the sim since it won't register to your meid.

You need at least the sprint sim to detect it, but you might lock the sim since it won't register to your meid.

No, you do not need a Sprint SIM to run a network scan.  See my sans SIM scan two pages ago.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4989-lg-google-nexus-5-users-thread/?p=235128

AJ

Well i'm not getting any sprint 4g, should I be getting a wimax signal at least? Nothing here, tmobile sim popped in works fantastic.  I am a little confused with this triband situation, is it not going to give me a sprint wimax connection?

• Like 1

Where is all this WiMax discussion coming from...?

People misconstrue tri band as tri mode.

AJ

• Like 2

Where is all this WiMax discussion coming from...?

It's coming from the question regarding triband.  I read somewhere it does wimax and lte, i know they are two different things but was given the impression it will pickup wimax band.

It's coming from the question regarding triband.  I read somewhere it does wimax and lte, i know they are two different things but was given the impression it will pickup wimax band.

Sorry bro, no WiMAX support. WiMAX will be gone around 2015 so there's no point in adding support for it in phones.

• Like 1

I love this phone! I've never got lte at home.. And believe me I've tried.. Set n5 lte only.. Went outside toggled airplane mode.. And holy s I got lte... Barely any signal but it was lte.. signal check pro didn't pick it up as lte though... However lte was lit and I was able to pull a speed test.. Only 1mb down.. But it's still better then 3G in my area... I have enabled the other bands and I am in a clearwire area... Is it possible that signal check pro wouldn't pick up Band 41 signal ( I know it does pick the 2 1900 towers outside of my range)...

I believe yesterday when I updated signal check pro, it was mentioned that the update disabled showing band 41.

Just to clarify for you guys.. SignalCheck should "pick up" LTE on any band -- it will just not tell you which band is connected. What was removed in the last update was only the Band 41 indicator, because it was not as accurate as I hoped. Right now, the app will just indicate that you are connected to LTE, no matter if it's Band 4, 13, 25, 26, 41, or any other.

tprevett, when you were connected to LTE, what did SignalCheck show instead?

For the record, I have not seen any indication that anyone with a Nexus 5 has connected to any LTE other than Band 25.

-Mike

• Like 2

Anyone who is experiencing LTE connection difficulties in a live B41 area? My LTE connects fine again at home.

For those of you that are unaware, when I was at work tonight I had no LTE connection at all. Usually I have at least B25. The whole way back home there was nothing until I got on my exit. Then boom there it was. It stayed connected during the 20 min drive from there to home.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I think the problem is that the APNs in the phones won't let you connect to band 41 LTE, so if you enable band 41 before the Sprint "update" and you are in an area with active band 41 LTE, your phone will see the band 41 LTE and keep trying to stay on a "broken" band 41 connection, rather than dropping back to band 25.

• Like 1

Just to clarify for you guys.. SignalCheck should "pick up" LTE on any band -- it will just not tell you which band is connected. What was removed in the last update was only the Band 41 indicator, because it was not as accurate as I hoped. Right now, the app will just indicate that you are connected to LTE, no matter if it's Band 4, 13, 25, 26, 41, or any other.

For the record, I have not seen any indication that anyone with a Nexus 5 has connected to any LTE other than Band 25.

-Mike

Well you can tell by the PLMN ID. Band 25 will show 310120. Band 41 will show 311870 if I am not mistaken.

I think the WiMax discussion started because the WiMax sites are being converted to B41 TDD-LTE and WiMax. So I think some were saying if you were not in a WiMax area that you(at this point in time) could not possibly be connected to B41 as Sprint won't begin adding TDD to Sprint NV Sites until next year. So if you are in one of those areas that was not a WiMax area and can connect to B25 then that could be the reason. Because B41 is not there to "interfere" with a perfectly good B25 signal. And if you are in one of those areas and are having problems, that B41 could be interfering with your B25 signal.

• Like 1

Mostly WiFi here. ~ 28% remaining

C7CSlYnl.png

All day LTE here. ~5% remaining

9TTM3cul.png

Now, I have all bands active and I am not in a 26 or 41 market. I'm going to try this same test tomorrow with those bands off to see if anything changes. I would say this is with light use.

EDIT: Band misnumber.

• Like 1

-Mike

Signal check said no cellular connection