Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Without a SIM, I get similar results here, too:

r0ov82.png

The difference is that Sprint band 25 LTE is available in my case, while VZW band 4 LTE is available in your case.

AJ

hmmmm so maybe sprint lte is not even available at my home ??

their map says otherwise

gotta be a setting or need of sim in

I am jealous of you wall!  :angry:

Google finally displays a ship date of 11/26...that is Thanksgiving week! Might not get it until the following week  :td:

umm sorry

it will be worth the wait !!

I am def sticking with it and selling my hd maxx

Uptime and almost constant use/screen on time of 1 hour 15 min. and battery went from 88% to 86%

holy jeebus

• Like 2

umm sorry

it will be worth the wait !!

I am def sticking with it and selling my hd maxx

Uptime and almost constant use/screen on time of 1 hour 15 min. and battery went from 88% to 86%

holy jeebus

battery is amazing on wifi, I have just about 11 hours on LTE and I am at 36%. I don't think that is great. I will post screenshots of my battery usage later, I have one from yesterday also.

Which variant is your HTC 8X?  AT&T?  If so, there you go.

AJ

Yes.  But my VZW SIM doesn't work in it, either.

Robert

their map says otherwise

gotta be a setting or need of sim in

Check overage using either the Sensorly app or website. If you aren't familiar with sensorly, it shows reported areas covered by people who have gotten signal at that location. The maps that carriers provide are too generous with coverage and show theoretical coverage vs actual.

• Like 1

Yes.  But my VZW SIM doesn't work in it, either.

VZW's open access requirements are limited to its Upper 700 MHz C block licenses, hence band 13 LTE.  That would be my guess as to why band 4 LTE devices will not attach.  VZW is relishing getting back to its blocking ways.

AJ

• Like 2

I'm thinking about checking my local best buy tommorow to check and see  if they can match google play store,if they do I will cancel my order from google

I ordered the 32gb so I have to wait. I put movies and carry large school files on my phone, plus the average size of apps keeps getting larger and larger.

their map says otherwise

I can put on my construction worker costume, come knock on your door, and take a look at your "sector."

31Ngniblk7L.jpg

:P

AJ

• Like 1

I can put on my construction worker costume, come knock on your door, and take a look at your "sector."

31Ngniblk7L.jpg

:P

AJ

We found AJ's secret.

Just don't forget the rest of your "Village People"

• Like 5

Check overage using either the Sensorly app or website. If you aren't familiar with sensorly, it shows reported areas covered by people who have gotten signal at that location. The maps that carriers provide are too generous with coverage and show theoretical coverage vs actual.

hmmm interesting

sensorly shows NO sprint wimax for my area but 4g is low to medium

sorry be noob-like but is sprint wimax=lte ?

and their 4g is different somehow ?

also I only see the options on N5 to switch between LTE, 3g and 2g

hmmm interesting

WiMAX is an older 4G technology and does not relate to LTE. LTE is a whole different thing.

• Like 1

hmmm interesting

No, by 2015 wimax should be gone. Look up Sprint 4g. Wimax and LTE are different. Back in 2010 or so Sprint went with WiMax to be the first to deliver "4g" while the other carriers opted for LTE which wasn't ready for consumer roll out. Later as Verizon and ATT rolled it out it showed signed of being better of the two. Sprint had to ditch WiMax and play catch up with LTE, hence why they are behind, also pissed a lot of people off who never got WiMax in their area because Sprint stopped the roll out. Long story short of course.

• Like 2

If you're going to stay with Sprint, you might as well get the phone for $200-$300 cheaper by renewing your contract or signing a new one. Cheap phone is the added bonus.

I am saving my upgrade for an expected beastly Note 4, 5 mpnths till the end of my old contract, and 1 up does not cut it.

• Like 1

hmmm interesting

Try going outside and running a network scan.  I bet that you will pick up Sprint LTE then.  Your closest site may not have received its LTE upgrade yet.  Even if it has, you may still not connect to band 25 LTE 1900 inside because the LTE signal is less robust than that of CDMA1X and EV-DO.  By the way, if you are interested in becoming an S4GRU sponsor, we have maps that show all Network Vision upgraded sites across the country.  So, you can view the progress on the sites in your area for yourself.

AJ

• Like 3

I am just curious. If say someone walked in to Sprint with a N5 from GooglePlay and wanted to start new service, would their pay 80 or 65 a month? If I am not mistaken, you only pay 65+monthly handset costs if you sign up for One UP.

I am saving my upgrade for an expected beastly Note 4, 5 mpnths till the end of my old contract, and 1 up does not cut it.

I would love all the great specs on the Note devices, however, I'm 5'5" and those things are just too big in my hands. Can't hold and just use my thumb, ha e to use 2 hands lol.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2