Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

lilg740 when did you order yours?  I ordered my 32GB black N5 from the Play store on 11/3 at 7 A.M..  My status shows delivery by 11/22.

lilg740 when did you order yours?  I ordered my 32GB black N5 from the Play store on 11/3 at 7 A.M..  My status shows delivery by 11/22.

Not cool....ordered mine the day after they were released on the 1st. Still shows 11/26

I traveled 25 miles outside of Raleigh and instantly got a strong LTE signal. I then kept that LTE signal for several hours in areas my EVO barely got signal and where I had no idea LTE even existed (super super rural areas). I traveled in and out of LTE areas for about another hour and the device performed handoffs flawlessly. I'm now getting LTE inside of a house where an iPhone 4S and a (older) blackberry have to step outside to keep a call from breaking up. I'm VERY VERY impressed.

This 100% confirms in my mind that the issue so many of us are seeing connecting to LTE is regional. I am absolutely confident that as soon as I get back to Raleigh I will go back to never seeing LTE again until Sprint fixes this. Which is disappointing, because the radio in this thing, especially on LTE is the best I have ever seen in my life, by far, but Sprint has something seriously screwed up in many parts of the country  keeping us from connecting.

• Like 4

Not cool....ordered mine the day after they were released on the 1st. Still shows 11/26

Google really doesn't make sense. Here's hoping we get the phones sooner rather than later.

Bummer. Why is it that Nexus phones seem to always have signal issues? I've had both Nexus phones on Sprint and both had signal issues. The Galaxy Nexus was so bad it was exchanged after a day for a GS3. I didn't want a Touchwiz phone, but I needed a phone that was functional.

I really want a Nexus phone THAT WORKS on Sprint!!! Dammit!!

Wait, what? That can't be right. Especially if last weeks 32GB orders havent shipped yet.

I ordered on 11/6 and received it today. 32 white

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I traveled 25 miles outside of Raleigh and instantly got a strong LTE signal. I then kept that LTE signal for several hours in areas my EVO barely got signal and where I had no idea LTE even existed (super super rural areas). I traveled in and out of LTE areas for about another hour and the device performed handoffs flawlessly. I'm now getting LTE inside of a house where an iPhone 4S and a (older) blackberry have to step outside to keep a call from breaking up. I'm VERY VERY impressed.

This 100% confirms in my mind that the issue so many of us are seeing connecting to LTE is regional. I am absolutely confident that as soon as I get back to Raleigh I will go back to never seeing LTE again until Sprint fixes this. Which is disappointing, because the radio in this thing, especially on LTE is the best I have ever seen in my life, by far, but Sprint has something seriously screwed up in many parts of the country  keeping us from connecting.

I was thinking the same thing. Mostly mature markets are the ones who have the LTE signals on the Nexus. 

That makes a lot of sense.  I'm in the same boat.  I live in the Harrisburg PA area.  A very strong 4G LTE market.  I just received my new LG G2 today and can't receive 1900 MHz 4G LTE. 

Why would the NON "Tri Band" phones be able to connect to 4G LTE in the same area that the new Tri Band phones can't?

I just don't get it?

This is a reply I just got in reference to SMS not splitting with Hangouts on Sprint:

Now does anyone have an explanation as to why this would happen?

Does it work with any other texting apps?  Like Handcent?

Bummer. Why is it that Nexus phones seem to always have signal issues? I've had both Nexus phones on Sprint and both had signal issues. The Galaxy Nexus was so bad it was exchanged after a day for a GS3. I didn't want a Touchwiz phone, but I needed a phone that was functional.

I really want a Nexus phone THAT WORKS on Sprint!!! Dammit!!

Mine does and has one hell of a signal straight out of the box!

Interesting... I travelled through Greensboro and Winston-Salem today and had the same issue there -- LTE displays for a split second then drops to 3G. 

Wait, what? That can't be right. Especially if last weeks 32GB orders havent shipped yet.

Judging by the shipment dates on the Google Play site, the white 32 GB model had the most availability, so this doesn't seem too far fetched to me.

-Mike

That makes a lot of sense.  I'm in the same boat.  I live in the Harrisburg PA area.  A very strong 4G LTE market.  I just received my new LG G2 today and can't receive 1900 MHz 4G LTE. 

Why would the NON "Tri Band" phones be able to connect to 4G LTE in the same area that the new Tri Band phones can't?

I just don't get it?

got to be something to do with the spark update due out in early 2014. I believe the lockdown they have in place is not working properly.

Well you can tell by the PLMN ID. Band 25 will show 310120. Band 41 will show 311870 if I am not mistaken.

That's along the lines of what I thought, but was proven wrong. Evidence pointed to 311890 also being Band 41, but several people were seeing it on Band 25-only devices.

Sprint might be (hopefully is) planning the rollout along these lines, but until I have better and more consistent evidence, I'm not ready to make it official in the app.

-Mike

• Like 1

This 100% confirms in my mind that the issue so many of us are seeing connecting to LTE is regional. I am absolutely confident that as soon as I get back to Raleigh I will go back to never seeing LTE again until Sprint fixes this. Which is disappointing, because the radio in this thing, especially on LTE is the best I have ever seen in my life, by far, but Sprint has something seriously screwed up in many parts of the country keeping us from connecting.

I'm sitting in my house in Durham where my Evo LTE had plenty of LTE service and I can't get anything from my N5. It's currently on Global, when I switched it to LTE I wasn't getting anything either. Maybe I need to change get some other settings?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2