Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

double checked settings?

settings > more > cell broadcasts

perhaps uncheck, reboot, and recheck the relevant ones

I haven't... what's the best way to go about that?

Well I'd try to factory reset(aka flash a factory image) first because they'll ask you if you've done that. Here's the page, use the contact us link at the top. https://support.google.com/nexus/?hl=en#topic=3424348&ts=3454823

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm positive I'm not getting Amber Alerts. There were several earlier this year, and I didn't get one of them. And I haven't gotten any of the Flood or Tornado alerts either.

There's never been a Presidential alert, let's hope there never is!

I've had a few of the broadcasts appear on the Google Now screen, though they are supposed to appear in Hangouts. I had the Amber alerts turned off because I had it go off once during a conference meeting, scared the bejesus out of everyone. Presidential alerts I think only go off when the country is under attack or there is an immediate national emergency

I've had a few of the broadcasts appear on the Google Now screen, though they are supposed to appear in Hangouts. I had the Amber alerts turned off because I had it go off once during a conference meeting, scared the bejesus out of everyone. Presidential alerts I think only go off when the country is under attack or there is an immediate national emergency

The Google Now alerts are not related. Those are pushed by Google, the CMAS alerts will not appear in Google Now.

And yes, Presidential alerts are reserved for extreme national emergencies. It's never been used since it was created in the mid-1900s.

The Google Now alerts are not related. Those are pushed by Google, the CMAS alerts will not appear in Google Now.

And yes, Presidential alerts are reserved for extreme national emergencies. It's never been used since it was created in the mid-1900s.

Where are the presidential alerts located? I don't see an option for that.. But now that you guys are talking about it I don't recall getting any alerts since I switched to the nexus 5. All of them are checked.

This may seem dumb but could any of you have accidental opted out? It automatically shows that option when they pop up and since I opted out (a few weeks ago) I haven't gotten any more alerts when other phones in my house have.

I'm thinking if you dont use hangouts then it shuts them off. There is a setting if you are using it as your default. But if you use another default texting app in my case,it won't work. I use chomp and I haven't got a one. I might use hangouts just to see if I get one.

Where are the presidential alerts located? I don't see an option for that.. But now that you guys are talking about it I don't recall getting any alerts since I switched to the nexus 5. All of them are checked.

You can't opt out of Presidential Alerts.

This may seem dumb but could any of you have accidental opted out? It automatically shows that option when they pop up and since I opted out (a few weeks ago) I haven't gotten any more alerts when other phones in my house have.

Never even got the option to opt out.

2014-06-24%2000.07.59.png2014-06-24%2000.08.02.png

I'm thinking if you dont use hangouts then it shuts them off. There is a setting if you are using it as your default. But if you use another default texting app in my case,it won't work. I use chomp and I haven't got a one. I might use hangouts just to see if I get one.

Other's using Textra (what I use) have been getting the alerts. Doesn't seem to be consistent. 

those of you who are in an "optimized" B26 area, can you share your B26 signal strength compared to your 1x800?  for instance, my tower was recently B26 accepted and where i get -120 - 125 B26, my 1x800 is about -95.

thanks!

those of you who are in an "optimized" B26 area, can you share your B26 signal strength compared to your 1x800?  for instance, my tower was recently B26 accepted and where i get -120 - 125 B26, my 1x800 is about -95.

thanks!

1x800 and LTE do not have the same scale for signal measurement.  1x is RSSI and LTE is RSRP.

You can't opt out of Presidential Alerts.

But, clearly, all of you have opted in for Nerd Alerts.

:P

AJ

got the update yesterday this phone loves 1x800.  Lte takes awhile to find even if airplane mode is cycled.  Never did that unless it found lte 800 :)    But cant use due to escfb issues. If 800 lte is going to be like 1x800 then i dont need the airave anymore.  

those of you who are in an "optimized" B26 area, can you share your B26 signal strength compared to your 1x800? for instance, my tower was recently B26 accepted and where i get -120 - 125 B26, my 1x800 is about -95.

thanks!

-95dBm RSSI (CDMA) is pretty much the same as -120dBm RSRP (LTE). So it sounds like your CDMA 800 strength is pretty much dead to rights to your LTE 800. That's good news in a post optimized area. :tu:

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

Messing around last night I only just found the little easter egg when you tap "Android Version" several times under "About Phone".  Android Written into a kit kat bar logo is a nice little touch.   Learn something new every day i suppose.

Messing around last night I only just found the little easter egg when you tap "Android Version" several times under "About Phone".  Android Written into a kit kat bar logo is a nice little touch.   Learn something new every day i suppose.

The Jelly Bean one was a lot cooler.  :rasp:

When it gets to the red screen tap and hold the middle logo. It will turn into a little screen with little pics of all the previous versions.

• Like 3

So I took my N5 in a basement where it should have had plenty of signal and it kept dropping to no service and sitting at -113 db on HSPA while a GS3 on the same network hovered around -109 and never dropped service. Are the claims of this thing being an RF beast only valid on Sprint? Cuz I've never had a phone that would drop service so easily. Overall I'm seeing a 4 db difference between my N5 and a GS3, on LTE and HSPA.