Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

After I did the 72786 my status in about phone shows my phone number is 000-000-9576 and my MIN is 0000009576. I spent about an hour in a Sprint store this morning. He tried a 72786 on a LG G2 and it broke it also. He thought it was a network issue. Does that sound reasonable? I also spent an hour on the phone with Sprint tech support this evening. She was going to check on network issues and call back. She never called back. I don't want to reset the phone if it won't fix the problem.

I had a similar issue about 6 months ago. I was using the phone and suddenly data stopped working and Signalcheck reported unregistered. The only way to fix it was to factory reset with the stock image from Google. If you're rooted and have an EFS backup, try flashing that first.

I tried this and it totally screwed up my phone. I can't call or receive calls or texts. I have no data. Signal check pro says mobile data is unregistered. When I try to make a call I get error 16 switch 384 message. When I go into status my phone number and MIN are wrong. Changed them to correct value and I have voice, but no data connection. Did another 72786 and the number and MIN are again screwed up. Anyone have any suggestions?

I had this last week, but it was caused by network issues.  Pretty much the whole state of WI was having some sort of network problem which caused no one to have any service at all for about an hour.

However, I do not think this is what you are experiencing because if it was anything on the network side, it should've been resolved by now.  If you have a custom recovery, you could backup your phone and then save it on a PC before factory resetting.  This way, you can always flash back to your backup if the factory reset doesn't fix your problems.

I'm getting unusual high battery usage by SCP. Is anyone else having the same?

e8esupyp.jpg

I did for about 3 days after upgrading to 4.4.4. But just as I was considering reporting it to mikejeep, it stopped consuming so much battery and went back to normal.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

I went back to KTU84P, the L preview is cool but its too buggy for a daily driver and a lot of the apps don't work yet for it. I know the release was primarily for devs so I can wait for the full Android 4.5-5.0

• Like 1

Just an update. Refreshing profile and prl this morning finally fixed it. Had to do it over wifi because it had no data connection. That corrected the phone #, MIN, and changed the mobile network state to connected. Thanks to those who suggested it. Better than restoring the phone. It must have been a network error that caused it initially.

• Like 4

The overall threads are just way too long to be useful.

What's the status of tri-band on the Nexus 5?

Working perfectly.  If you were waiting to buy it, go for it.  I can personally confirm that B41, B26, and B25 all function as they should and can seamlessly switch between bands without interruption.  (YMMV depending on how complete your market it, but no limitations due to the N5)

• Like 2

My nexus 5 is far inferior to my m8 in acquiring and maintaining b41 connections in the same locations.

The n5 appears to be less sensitive to b41 (or too sensitive to b25). It will pick up b41 outside, but inside has been very problematic, for me.

I'm in stl with legacy wimax conversions. Perhaps nv2 will better balance the b41, right now the m8 wins hands down.

All that said, I have and do pick up all 3 bands since the 4.4.3/4.4.4 releases.

I am currently using the "L" radio, I can't perceive much if any differences between it and the last radio though.

My nexus 5 is far inferior to my m8 in acquiring and maintaining b41 connections in the same locations.

The n5 appears to be less sensitive to b41 (or too sensitive to b25). It will pick up b41 outside, but inside has been very problematic, for me.

I'm in stl with legacy wimax conversions. Perhaps nv2 will better balance the b41, right now the m8 wins hands down.

All that said, I have and do pick up all 3 bands since the 4.4.3/4.4.4 releases.

I am currently using the "L" radio, I can't perceive much if any differences between it and the last radio though.

I can't speak for the M8 but here in NYC specially in the Bronx my N5 seems more sensitive to B41. I seem to connect to B41 75% of the time. I have no complaints since the 4.4.3 update. I can personally say the N5 has been the best phone I ever had.
  • Like 1

I wonder if the differences in how B41 acts on the N5 are more geographical than device related? It's possible that Ericsson has not configured neighboring cells in the network setup properly in St. Louis. So when you get on B25, many sites don't see the B41 neighboring cell, because it wasn't set up. If that's the case, you wouldn't likely pick up B41 again unless you ran out of B25 LTE signal and it started scanning or you ran into a B25 cell that had B41 neighboring cells configured correctly.

The reason the M8 may be overcoming this hypothesized problem is because the M8 may be better at holding that B41 signal. Since B41 neighboring cells would much more likely be configured correctly to other B41 sites/sectors, it hands off seamlessly from one B41 site to the next to the next. Providing a better experience in these neighboring cell challenged areas.

And in Tampa, Jacksonville and NYC where people are saying that the Nexus 5 works great on B41 just may be configured correctly. So when they do get handed off to B25, they easily get handed back to B41 quickly because it's configured correctly.

Just a hypothesis of mine. It seems this would explain the geographical differences of why the N5 works well on B41 in some places and not others. Properly configuring neighboring cells to handoff to is very critical in quality network setup.

Robert

• Like 2

yea, I'm guessing the b41 density of nyc is double or more than the spread out locations of stl.

wimax coverage was never 100% in stl, closer probably to 60 to 70%. I am also assuming that not all stl clear sites have been converted, because I have nowhere near the b41 coverage (on either m8 or n5) as what I had with my original day 1 evo 4g.

In fact I still have an active clearwire wimax hotspot voyager, that gets better wimax coverage than I get b41 coverage.

My hotspot gets an rssi -62, cinr 30, at my desk, yet I can't pull maintain consistent b41 on my n5, and while I can get consistent b41 on my m8, the b41 signal is -100 to -110 (which is still often 6 to 10+ megs).

I wonder if the differences in how B41 acts on the N5 are more geographical than device related? It's possible that Ericsson has not configured neighboring cells in the network setup properly in St. Louis. So when you get on B25, many sites don't see the B41 neighboring cell, because it wasn't set up. If that's the case, you wouldn't likely pick up B41 again unless you ran out of B25 LTE signal and it started scanning or you ran into a B25 cell that had B41 neighboring cells configured correctly.

The reason the M8 may be overcoming this hypothesized problem is because the M8 may be better at holding that B41 signal. Since B41 neighboring cells would much more likely be configured correctly to other B41 sites/sectors, it hands off seamlessly from one B41 site to the next to the next. Providing a better experience in these neighboring cell challenged areas.

And in Tampa, Jacksonville and NYC where people are saying that the Nexus 5 works great on B41 just may be configured correctly. So when they do get handed off to B25, they easily get handed back to B41 quickly because it's configured correctly.

Just a hypothesis of mine. It seems this would explain the geographical differences of why the N5 works well on B41 in some places and not others. Properly configuring neighboring cells to handoff to is very critical in quality network setup.

Robert

Well the n5 has had issues in Dallas. I could only connect to b41 in one section near mesquite. No where else, no matter how many airplane toggles. And that was on the latest baseband before L came out. So you may be right on that, plus b26 was widespread and that seemed to have higher priority.

Robert

Clear ran out of money 2/3 of the way up at STL. That's why their locations are sparse. One of the nice things about Nokia coming to town very soon is band 41 will finally be used fully as opposed to on 60% of the towers here.

Remember Spark was only technically supported for a week here. Now Sprint will at least acknowledge the issues with Spark not picking up.

It will be nice to have B41 support over the entire Metro as opposed to the mess that exists now with Nokia arriving in town soon. Good thing Sprint is flying with B26 here.

Has anyone had an issue with the phone refusing to connect to 1x? Mine is stuck connecting to eHRDP only and looks like it's in a 1x scan loop. I can force it to 1x by setting 1x only and rebooting, but rebooting on 3g or LTE breaks 1x. I've tried a network reset and several profile/PRL updates but nothing has worked. I don't have an airave either. This just suddenly started happening for no reason and I'm stumped.

Has anyone had an issue with the phone refusing to connect to 1x? Mine is stuck connecting to eHRDP only and looks like it's in a 1x scan loop. I can force it to 1x by setting 1x only and rebooting, but rebooting on 3g or LTE breaks 1x. I've tried a network reset and several profile/PRL updates but nothing has worked. I don't have an airave either. This just suddenly started happening for no reason and I'm stumped.

Are you noticing this in signalcheck or the engineering screens?

Are you noticing this in signalcheck or the engineering screens?

Both. Random now it looks like it's fixed. I just rebooted in 3G mode and it came up fine. This is the second time this issue has occurred so I'm curious as to why this happens.

EDIT: Nevermind, rebooting in LTE mode breaks it again.

My 1x engineering screen while this is happening.

ezuge2e2.jpg

6y9ysa3a.jpg

Both. Random now it looks like it's fixed. I just rebooted in 3G mode and it came up fine. This is the second time this issue has occurred so I'm curious as to why this happens.

EDIT: Nevermind, rebooting in LTE mode breaks it again.

Sounds like b26 optimization issues, hence why LTE mode or global would cause issues. I'm not sure why it'd affect 1x though...

Sounds like b26 optimization issues, hence why LTE mode or global would cause issues. I'm not sure why it'd affect 1x though...

Once 1x is broken it doesn't work until I reboot in 1x only mode. Rebooting in 3g will not fix anything and it'll come up connected to eHRDP and says "searching for service"

Once 1x is broken it doesn't work until I reboot in 1x only mode. Rebooting in 3g will not fix anything and it'll come up connected to eHRDP and says "searching for service"

What happens when you try to make a phone call?

How are you switching the modes? If you're using ANY OTHER method than the radio info screen or the preferred networking type, that's probably why you're having trouble.

Hmm is 1x800 already live on the site you'd be(are) connected to?

What happens when you try to make a phone call?

How are you switching the modes? If you're using ANY OTHER method than the radio info screen or the preferred networking type, that's probably why you're having trouble.

I'm using the preferred network mode to switch modes. Making a phone call yields the mobile network not available message. Making a call from LTE times out and it never drops to 1x.

you are using the stock 4.4.4 radio?

you've done the standard update profle and prl?

Yup I flashed back to the stock radio from the L preview radio as my first test.  Profile and PRL updated several times.