Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

800 is live and has been for a while without issue.

Well I'm stumped then. You could trying calling and opening a ticket, it could just be a screwed up tower.

Well I'm stumped then. You could trying calling and opening a ticket, it could just be a screwed up tower.

I was having issues no matter the location.  I know it's not the tower because my mom has a Nexus 5 as well with no issues.

I was having issues no matter the location.  I know it's not the tower because my mom has a Nexus 5 as well with no issues.

What happens when you're on LTE and somebody tries calling you?

I was having issues no matter the location. I know it's not the tower because my mom has a Nexus 5 as well with no issues.

Are you on the L preview with the older radio? Or were you just running the L radio?

Are you on the L preview with the older radio? Or were you just running the L radio?

I was on the L preview but I reverted back to PA (I dev for PA).  Left the L radio in place because I wasn't having issues. I'm now on the 4.4.4 radio.

Time to call Google for a replacement. Any chance you have a backup of your EFS partition that you can restore?

No backup unfortunately.  It was accidentially wiped because I forgot to remove the -w flag when flashing the L factory image.  I'm hesitant to get a replacement because I have recovered from this issue in the past.

I was on the L preview but I reverted back to PA (I dev for PA). Left the L radio in place because I wasn't having issues. I'm now on the 4.4.4 radio.

No backup unfortunately. It was accidentially wiped because I forgot to remove the -w flag when flashing the L factory image. I'm hesitant to get a replacement because I have recovered from this issue in the past.

Honestly, I'd try flashing the 4.4.4 factory image. It might be something leftover from the L preview dicking things up.
  • Like 1

I was on the L preview but I reverted back to PA (I dev for PA).  Left the L radio in place because I wasn't having issues. I'm now on the 4.4.4 radio.

No backup unfortunately.  It was accidentially wiped because I forgot to remove the -w flag when flashing the L factory image.  I'm hesitant to get a replacement because I have recovered from this issue in the past.

I'd second koji. Wipe everything in recovery. And do a fresh install

Honestly, I'd try flashing the 4.4.4 factory image. It might be something leftover from the L preview dicking things up.

I think you need a replacement

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Well everything is back to normal now. Did some wiping and 1x is now functioning great. Thanks for your help everyone.

Well everything is back to normal now. Did some wiping and 1x is now functioning great. Thanks for your help everyone.

No problem, its good to learn this before I go flashing L to test it out. Headaches are better when they're outsourced;).
  • Like 1

No problem, its good to learn this before I go flashing L to test it out. Headaches are better when they're outsourced;).

I don't think L was at fault in this case. Probably a result of me forgetting to wipe some stuff when I flashed a test build for PA

Can someone tell me why Google now 3.5 is not doing the any screen feature? Its the new version of Google now but the setting for any screen is absent. 1080p YouTube is unavailable too but my G2 has both of these features.

Can someone tell me why Google now 3.5 is not doing the any screen feature? Its the new version of Google now but the setting for any screen is absent. 1080p YouTube is unavailable too but my G2 has both of these features.

Its being rolled out in batches and its not just the software version.

Update: Speak of the Devil! I got the update for the voice from any screen, Now I can do it from literally any screen, even works while playing music or video.

Man, Google is unstoppable! 

If you do have the newest Google now version try holding your finger down on any home screen, go to settings, then voice,  then "Ok Google" Detection, and see if there is an option to check "From any screen".

If you do have the newest Google now version try holding your finger down on any home screen, go to settings, then voice,  then "Ok Google" Detection, and see if there is an option to check "From any screen".

Never mind. Sorry didn't see the part where you specifically said it wasn't there. My bad.. 

Back at my parent's house in Los Angeles, looks like the new 4.4.4 radio let's me stay on B41 much longer than the 4.4.3 radio. I was only getting B41 here with the .15 radio before, but it looks like I was getting it downstairs in the dining room too with the new radio and I usually switch to 3g down there. I'm liking 4.4.4 even more now.

• Like 2

Back at my parent's house in Los Angeles, looks like the new 4.4.4 radio let's me stay on B41 much longer than the 4.4.3 radio. I was only getting B41 here with the .15 radio before, but it looks like I was getting it downstairs in the dining room too with the new radio and I usually switch to 3g down there. I'm liking 4.4.4 even more now.

Hush! Do not say that. The naysayers know that band 41 cannot penetrate a paper bag.

;)

AJ

• Like 3

Hush! Do not say that. The naysayers know that band 41 cannot penetrate a paper bag.

;)

That isn't even the magical 8T8R radio at work, most likely. No magic beamforming either. :)

• Like 1

Inside my apartment I get a weak fringe signal that always kept me on 3G with a -104dbm signal, but with this new 4.4.4 radio my N5 is camping on B41 ranging from -118dBm to -131dBm. I didn't think B41 could penetrate like that.

• Like 1