Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Inside my apartment I get a weak fringe signal that always kept me on 3G with a -104dbm signal, but with this new 4.4.4 radio my N5 is camping on B41 ranging from -118dBm to -131dBm. I didn't think B41 could penetrate like that.

:)

• Like 1

Am I the only one who's got Android L on their N5? Installed it last Friday. A couple apps are wonky or defunct (Slack, Facebook), but things are getting a bit better. And battery life is maybe slightly better than on 4.4.x, even though I was using ART on those versions as well.

It's sad though that I can't view the LTE Engineering screen..."Service Programu has stopped" won't let me. I know L has a new radio with it, and at one point I was able to see the screen to know that B26 was connecting just fine...but not anymore :(

Just enabled it and it killed my battery in about four hours with using it once.  I guess I won't be using that function...

Very odd, I got 12hrs battery life today (ive had it since yesterday) dont think its just related to that....

• Like 1

Just enabled it and it killed my battery in about four hours with using it once.  I guess I won't be using that function...

That's something else. I've been using it for days with no noticeable difference in battery life.

Am I the only one who's got Android L on their N5? Installed it last Friday. A couple apps are wonky or defunct (Slack, Facebook), but things are getting a bit better. And battery life is maybe slightly better than on 4.4.x, even though I was using ART on those versions as well.

It's sad though that I can't view the LTE Engineering screen..."Service Programu has stopped" won't let me. I know L has a new radio with it, and at one point I was able to see the screen to know that B26 was connecting just fine...but not anymore :(

Battery life was noticeably improved when I was testing it.  I got 3 hours of screen on time from 100-20%, and another hour with battery saver on after that.

• Like 1

I had much better battery life on it as well. I switched back to 4.4.4 because I have to test apps on KitKat and the lack of MMS was getting annoying. I hated the new notification system so there was that too...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I had much better battery life on it as well. I switched back to 4.4.4 because I have to test apps on KitKat and the lack of MMS was getting annoying. I hated the new notification system so there was that too...

What do you mean lack of MMS? Works fine for me haha

What do you mean lack of MMS? Works fine for me haha

Some people, including myself, were having MMS issues. Messages would never download and couldn't send.

Some people, including myself, were having MMS issues. Messages would never download and couldn't send.

Using hangouts I've never had any issues. Sent from tmo to sprint phones, and vice versa. Idk why yours isn't working.

Are you using hangouts?

yes I'll upload proof in a little bit.

Are you using hangouts?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sczzlesbmliuyn4/1404432905146.jpg

Now mind that the one picture did expire as The nexus has a T-Mobile sim in it, and I only ha e edge at best signal. But the one above received after several minutes of downloading.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sczzlesbmliuyn4/1404432905146.jpg

Now mind that the one picture did expire as The nexus has a T-Mobile sim in it, and I only ha e edge at best signal. But the one above received after several minutes of downloading.

From other sources the issue seems to be largely related to an IPv6 bug.  Since T-Mobile has the option of sending texts via IPv4 those users haven't seen the issue as much.  

So this phone wont connect to my tower tried my s4 works fine.   Swapping the sims.   Im not rmaing this phone for a second time.  If its not on lte it sits on 1x

going back to lg for a second time. :wall: I hope new nexus are not lg i hate dealing with them!

If they give you a second replacement I'd say that's better customer service than the majority of companies. Heck I had to fight a regional manager in an apple store one time because my launch day 64gb iPhone 5 had the charging port fail on the second day (obviously a manufacturing error). All in all I'd really be fine with LG making the next nexus, they make quality products in my experience.

If they give you a second replacement I'd say that's better customer service than the majority of companies. Heck I had to fight a regional manager in an apple store one time because my launch day 64gb iPhone 5 had the charging port fail on the second day (obviously a manufacturing error). All in all I'd really be fine with LG making the next nexus, they make quality products in my experience.

same phone each time.   

same phone each time.

They're fixing it for free then? That's better than a refurbished one IMO. Sorry yours keeps breaking on you.

In a spark area today (STL) running the the L radio and hand-offs between 25/41 (Clear) have been very smooth. Haven't needed to switch to band 26 yet but there is no reason to believe it wouldn't be just as smooth. Nexus 5 with spark is just awesome.

• Like 1

So this phone wont connect to my tower tried my s4 works fine.   Swapping the sims.   Im not rmaing this phone for a second time.  If its not on lte it sits on 1x

going back to lg for a second time. :wall:   I hope new nexus are not lg i hate dealing with them!

Given that no one else seems to have this problem, I'd say LG did pretty good. Whatever the issue is, it's isolated. To that leads to two causes: You did something to break it, or, you have a defective device.

If a factory reset didn't fix it, get it replaced. 

• Like 1

Given that no one else seems to have this problem, I'd say LG did pretty good. Whatever the issue is, it's isolated. To that leads to two causes: You did something to break it, or, you have a defective device.

If a factory reset didn't fix it, get it replaced. 

I sent it back due to blink lines on lcd and when i got it back,  it had someone elses sim card in it.  They recycle parts since then nothing but problems.