Your network should be tri-band ready. Not sure why it wouldn't be.

Sent from my Nexus 5

B41 is hard to come by every time I've been through Dallas, even next to sites that should be live with clear b41. I think maybe they might be shutting some sites off in prep for Nokia.
  • Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a Sprint product development employee reach out to me this morning after reading this thread. His message says:   Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

I am now the proud owner of a Nexus 5!       Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Mine just arrived!!!  

Posted Images

Many hundred(s) (if not thousands) of sites across the nation were taken offline for one reason or another at around June. Many areas that had B41 broadcasting from Clear sites have now simply vanished from the air. 

Many hundred(s) (if not thousands) of sites across the nation were taken offline for one reason or another at around June. Many areas that had B41 broadcasting from Clear sites have now simply vanished from the air. 

Wow. I don't recall seeing that before...

Denver had B41 practically vanish overnight. And they where an original market.

I've noticed something similar in Orlando over the past week. Finally got B41 again today.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Had my first spark experience today in beautiful Baltimore, Maryland and boy was I underwhelmed. In public places there were plenty of handoffs, with the phone mostly using B41. Once within close proximity to Oriole Park, the service went straight down. From my seat, I cycled through B25, B41, 1X, and no service at all, without moving from my seat (upper deck). Killed my battery in the process (thank god I went to best buy and got the right mophie). I was the only one in my group with Sprint so I didn't have much to go on in terms of comparing devices. Plus the Orioles lost, but that's beside the point. Does anyone else have commentary from their device (post 4.4.3 update) in sporting events from different cities?

Had my first spark experience today in beautiful Baltimore, Maryland and boy was I underwhelmed. In public places there were plenty of handoffs, with the phone mostly using B41. Once within close proximity to Oriole Park, the service went straight down. From my seat, I cycled through B25, B41, 1X, and no service at all, without moving from my seat (upper deck). Killed my battery in the process (thank god I went to best buy and got the right mophie). I was the only one in my group with Sprint so I didn't have much to go on in terms of comparing devices. Plus the Orioles lost, but that's beside the point. Does anyone else have commentary from their device (post 4.4.3 update) in sporting events from different cities?

Sporting venues without DAS or small cell coverage will suck for any carrier. This is not unique to Sprint, and Spark alone cannot solve the issue. The macro network simply cannot handle the load.

Part of NV 2.0 is small cell deployment. So hopefully a DAS or other system is under consideration for the venue.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Woah, I've been wondering why I haven't been able to connect to my local Clear B41 tower the last couple weeks... I wonder what they are up to.

Is there any way to adjust the signal level that the phone hands off to EvDo?

You'd have to install a different radio, as there isn't an option in any settings menu. The 1.15 radio holds on to LTE the longest before dropping to EVDO, followed by 1.17, then 2.16, then 1.23, then 2.13.

Keep in mind that 1.15 holds on to LTE longer by not properly displaying the dbm readings and thus is a bit unstable in fringe areas. It also doesn't check for eCSFB, so if your market has issues with that I'd avoid it.

The 1.xx radios don't reliably connect to Band 41.

The 2.xx radios also give a boost to 1x and EVDO reception (possibly the same way as 1.15, falsifying the readings, but without the stability issues of 1.15) and also work fine with B41.

I'm personally using 2.16. If you NEED LTE, I'd say go with 1.15, unless you have eCSFB and/or stability issues, then go with 1.17.

• Like 1

The 2.xx radios also give a boost to 1x and EVDO reception and work fine with B41.

We are told the 1.15 radio provides false LTE numbers so they are not reliable on that radio and it is not correct to say it gives better LTE reception...how is it okay to say the 2.xx radios boosts EVDO?  It would seem they simply provide false readings like 1.15 does with LTE, right?

We are told the 1.15 radio provides false LTE numbers so they are not reliable on that radio and it is not correct to say it gives better LTE reception...how is it okay to say the 2.xx radios boosts EVDO?  It would seem they simply provide false readings like 1.15 does with LTE, right?

I meant that they held on to LTE and EVDO longer. I didn't explain why, but I'll edit the post. Sorry.  :)

And I never said that 1.15 gives better reception, just that it held on to LTE longer.

No it actually gives a slight boost.  The 1.15 radio had a huge discrepency in LTE readings from all the others, so we know it has to be wrong.

No it actually gives a slight boost.  The 1.15 radio had a huge discrepency in LTE readings from all the others, so we know it has to be wrong.

but the 2.xx radios give a different EVDO / 1x reading than the others to, just like 1.15 does with LTE readings or is there a different peace of equipment being used to set a baseline for readings?

but the 2.xx radios give a different EVDO / 1x reading than the others to, just like 1.15 does with LTE readings or is there a different peace of equipment being used to set a baseline for readings?

They wouldn't ship a radio that has incorrect readings. 1.15 was a testing radio that was never publicly released, which is probably why it over-reported.

I only know what I was told about the .15 radio and the LTE issues. It could be whatever corrections have been implemented also corrected 1x/EVDO reception issues as well. 

At work on 1.15 stay on weak usable B26 LTE with about 1-3 Mbps speed. On 2.16. Drop to 1900 ehprd almost unusable until I toggle airplane mode then its OK LTE for maybe a half hour.

At work on 1.15 stay on weak usable B26 LTE with about 1-3 Mbps speed. On 2.16. Drop to 1900 ehprd almost unusable until I toggle airplane mode then its OK LTE for maybe a half hour.

ditto

Good luck on getting phone calls tho. 1.15 seems to ignore ecsfb problems.

zero issues getting/receiving calls on .15 for me

Same here. The 'artificial inflation' of the dBm level on .15 allows me to keeps LTE in areas steady and constant receiving 5-12mbs down where I'd otherwise be getting fringe 3g and pulling 50kbs if I'm lucky.
  • Like 2

Same here. The 'artificial inflation' of the dBm level on .15 allows me to keeps LTE in areas steady and constant receiving 5-12mbs down where I'd otherwise be getting fringe 3g and pulling 50kbs if I'm lucky.

yup.  same behavior found by myself!

zero issues getting/receiving calls on .15 for me

I was implying to his B26 signal. Since it seems that a lot of B26 sites are not ecsfb optimized. At least here in NYC Anytime I find a B26 signal it doesn't last long before jumping on to 3G on the 2.x.x.16 radio. I have no problems with B25 and B41.
  • S4GRU changed the title to Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!