Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Like I said my g2 works fine with that prl so its not a market.

Well something has to be the cause. On my N5 with the 513 PRL, I have no issues connecting to EVDO or eHRPD while on 1x800.

Same phone, same PRL, but different results with connectivity... Has to be something different.

You two were the first two I have seen with that issue and you both live in Florida.

Well something has to be the cause. On my N5 with the 513 PRL, I have no issues connecting to EVDO or eHRPD while on 1x800.

Same phone, same PRL, but different results with connectivity... Has to be something different.

You two were the first two I have seen with that issue and you both live in Florida.

I've reflashed it with DFS and QPST so I don't think the method is the cause.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I've reflashed it with DFS and QPST so I don't think the method is the cause.

I know the 513 PRL ismeant for hunting 1x800. It has a high priority for 800smr 1x and maybe even evdo, which doesn't exist. So it could be causing it to mostly want evdo on 800smr since you have 1x800.

I know the 513 PRL ismeant for hunting 1x800. It has a high priority for 800smr 1x and maybe even evdo, which doesn't exist. So it could be causing it to mostly want evdo on 800smr since you have 1x800.

Actually that is the one I think I am sure isn't the case. I'm very confident in the person who created that PRL. He knew what he was doing.

Something else is amiss.

Actually that is the one I think I am sure isn't the case. I'm very confident in the person who created that PRL. He knew what he was doing.

Something else is amiss.

Well actually it could be kind of the prls fault. What is your 1x800SID if you are having issues?

Something else is amiss.

Digiblur stated before that if 1x800 is broadcasting on the test SID in your area, you can see problems with EVDO since there is some sort of location mismatch between the test SID and the settings for EVDO locally to the area.  When my area switched off the test SID to the local SID for 800 here I no longer saw this issue on my Nexus.  1x800 could work in harmony with EVDO.

• Like 2

Digiblur stated before that if 1x800 is broadcasting on the test SID in your area, you can see problems with EVDO since there is some sort of location mismatch between the test SID and the settings for EVDO locally to the area.  When my area switched off the test SID to the local SID for 800 here I no longer saw this issue on my Nexus.  1x800 could work in harmony with EVDO.

Gotcha I didn't recall that.

Like I said my g2 works fine with that prl so its not a market.

Terrell now that you are rooted, do yourself a favor and download the Franco Kernel Updater.  The donate version is $5.50 on the play store, but he does have a free version out there as well.  Personally as a developer I say pay the $5; it is completely worth supporting this guy.  Really makes a difference with battery life.

• Like 1

Gotcha I didn't recall that.

Couldnt find it before but realized it is in the PRL thread, first post:

"As many have noted Sprint has used the 22429 SID for testing new 800SMR networks.  You may find yourself on this SID and your EVDO may or may not work due to the EVDO record scan is designed for Utah's license."

• Like 1

Roger that Spence

Terrell now that you are rooted, do yourself a favor and download the Franco Kernel Updater. The donate version is $5.50 on the play store, but he does have a free version out there as well. Personally as a developer I say pay the $5; it is completely worth supporting this guy. Really makes a difference with battery life.

Been fine on ehrpd for 2 hours now on the nexus. Like I said though the G2 has the same prl and never has this problem. Looks to be good to go now though.zy2ujagu.jpg

Do I need the .15 or .17 radio to get band 26 or will stock .23 work?

.15 will take B26 that doesn't have eCSFB, but you should have no problem with ready-to-go B26 on any radio.

The SID is 22433.

yeah that is the SID for East Texas, Dallas area.

Edit nvm I forgot it changed to 22407

.15 will take B26 that doesn't have eCSFB, but you should have no problem with ready-to-go B26 on any radio.

This was suspected to be the case, but has proven wrong by many people's experiences. The .15 radio is the only radio that will easily pick up B26, eCSFB enabled or not. .17/.23 simply do not connect to band 26 like they should even when eCSFB is fully activated. Personally, I run .15 all the time because most of the B26 around me is eCSFB enabled. On the off chance I hit a new B26 tower I can always force 2G/3G to call/text.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

.23 works with band 26 if you have it enabled using *#*#DATA#*#*, although in my experience the fallback to band 25 is flaky (this may be an Ericsson thing rather than a Nexus 5 thing, though, from what I've read in other threads).

This was suspected to be the case, but has proven wrong by many people's experiences. The .15 radio is the only radio that will easily pick up B26, eCSFB enabled or not. .17/.23 simply do not connect to band 26 like they should even when eCSFB is fully activated. Personally, I run .15 all the time because most of the B26 around me is eCSFB enabled. On the off chance I hit a new B26 tower I can always force 2G/3G to call/text.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I know I have connected to B26 on .23 in downtown Orlando. That site has functional eCSFB. I do strongly recommend .15 though.

I thought .15 wasn't good on band 26 because it makes band 25 so strong

I know I have connected to B26 on .23 in downtown Orlando. That site has functional eCSFB. I do strongly recommend .15 though.

It does increase your signal, so you might fallback to 26 less based on coverage, but if the tower thinks you need 26 for capacity, it should switch over.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Not at all from my experience, which has been considerable at this point. It is set to the highest priority on my phone and it will latch onto it and not let it go. Even in an area with perfect B25.

Because of certain things with the radio, it actually has you switch over to B26 a little earlier than you should signal wise. Capacity wise, the network takes care of that.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Because of certain things with the radio, it actually has you switch over to B26 a little earlier than you should signal wise. Capacity wise, the network takes care of that.

Sent from my Nexus 5