Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

This is ridiculous. Mid march and not a peep from Google or Sprint. 

I agree.  worse part i had this nexus 5 for less than a month more problems than my s4.  No calls received but i get vm cant make calls randomly just hangs up during ringing.  Next month is end of first quarter of year.

This is ridiculous. Mid march and not a peep from Google or Sprint.

I'm a pretty patient guy and I was thinking along the same lines myself. Maybe the lesson learned is not to buy a device that promises additional functionality in a future update.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I agree.  worse part i had this nexus 5 for less than a month more problems than my s4.  No calls received but i get vm cant make calls randomly just hangs up during ringing.  Next month is end of first quarter of year.

I think that's the challenge no matter what. Sprint never published when the software would be available, but from what I have read all over the web, there are tweaks and such out there which could help with the network experience. 

At this point it's best to leave things constructive.

I thought they said 1st quarter 2014, is that wrong?

"Early 2014" and "soon" have been the consistent statements from Sprint.. so inferring 1Q2014 is reasonable.

The G2 had the same promise, and received its update several weeks ago. I really wish that the reason for the wait would leak out, just to satisfy our curiosity at this point!

-Mike

• Like 1

My best guess is that they are trying to bundle a good amount into an update. With all this talk about calls not coming in, not only on sprint N5 but also Tmobile, camera needing a new UI, Battery drain issues with apps that use the camera etc.. I wouldnt doubt a whole point upgrade and not just a new baseband is in the works.

• Like 2

My best guess is that they are trying to bundle a good amount into an update. With all this talk about calls not coming in, not only on sprint N5 but also Tmobile, camera needing a new UI, Battery drain issues with apps that use the camera etc.. I wouldnt doubt a whole point upgrade and not just a new baseband is in the works.

Google is definitely going to do a point update, most likely 4.4.3. For a major device like the Nexus 5 it doesn't make sense to roll out an update that only affects one carrier.

Guest kamiller42

I agree. worse part i had this nexus 5 for less than a month more problems than my s4. No calls received but i get vm cant make calls randomly just hangs up during ringing. Next month is end of first quarter of year.

I used to have missed calls. I disabled Google voice integration. I don't remember the last time I missed a call. I did reactivate GV Lite for voice mail only.

As others have said, i am hoping Google is putting a lot of QA in this next release because KitKat has been buggy since day 1. Surprising since it brought so little to the release.

I used to have missed calls. I disabled Google voice integration. I don't remember the last time I missed a call. I did reactivate GV Lite for voice mail only.

As others have said, i am hoping Google is putting a lot of QA in this next release because KitKat has been buggy since day 1. Surprising since it brought so little to the release.

but the new color!!!

In all seriousness, I haven't been getting missed calls and i've had GV integration since my evo 4g, unless of course I haven't had service.  It does come through slower (all of my computers start playing that obnoxious tone), but it always does eventually ring for me. 

Haven't had any missed calls at all. That's on LTE and CDMA around here. Not sure why others are seeing this missed call problem. I've had Google Voice integration since it was first offered with the OG EVO 4G.

Has anyone tried the new Furnace kernel over on XDA? Its supposedly the first to give full RGB control.

I'm still expecting the update before this month's end, just based on prior statements.  Apparently the wearable SDK is going to be released/annouced/something in the next week or two so maybe the update will coincide with that.

I just got a N5 the other day. And I've been trying to search the threads on getting the other LTE bands to connect. I enabled them and set priority to band 45 but I'm still only connect to band 25. I live in a reported spark area, Yorkville il 60560. A rual Chicago western suburb. If anyone can give me some pointers to test out in my area I'd appreciate it.

I just got a N5 the other day. And I've been trying to search the threads on getting the other LTE bands to connect. I enabled them and set priority to band 45 but I'm still only connect to band 25. I live in a reported spark area, Yorkville il 60560. A rual Chicago western suburb. If anyone can give me some pointers to test out in my area I'd appreciate it.

The only thing I can say, is band priority only matters for the initial scan. The network will determine which band to dump you on. Just as if one become overcrowded it will shunt you over to another band assuming it's available.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The only thing I can say, is band priority only matters for the initial scan. The network will determine which band to dump you on. Just as if one become overcrowded it will shunt you over to another band assuming it's available.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

For the N5 the baseband that people have been using to connect to B41 has been .15. That can cause some issues depending on if ecsfb is set up. More people will chime in.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

For the N5 the baseband that people have been using to connect to B41 has been .15. That can cause some issues depending on if ecsfb is set up. More people will chime in.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

b41 has worked on .17, and .23 as well. It is all dependent on location.

Ahh water damage. Anyone know where I can get a new screen+digitizer for under $100?

There's an XDA thread where this has been discussed. There's a link for a place to buy parts and alternative suggestions in it. Its called water damage, under the nexus 5 section.

Edit: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2638138

Here's a link to the thread.

Edited by kojitsari
  • Like 1

Ahh water damage. Anyone know where I can get a new screen+digitizer for under $100?

This should be interesting. Gotta go back to my OG EVO for a few weeks.

If you'd rather keep your warranty apparently LG will do it for under 200(it was less than 200 for a G2, and I'd assume a nexus 5 would be cheaper).

There's an XDA thread where this has been discussed. There's a link for a place to buy parts and alternative suggestions in it. Its called water damage, under the nexus 5 section.

Edit: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2638138

Here's a link to the thread.

W00t!!! Thank you sooooo much for suggesting that xda link. It eventually got me to 

which I tried and it worked!!!
  • Like 2

W00t!!! Thank you sooooo much for suggesting that xda link. It eventually got me to which I tried and it worked!!!

Not a problem, its nice to know my random just in case research actually pays off sometimes.

• Like 2

In theory, if I have enabled all bands of LTE and am in LTE only mode, then I should be able to connect to any LTE site that is online, correct? I'm trying to sample the TD-LTE sites in Denver that are shown as complete in the premiere sponsors map in the Denver area. Earlier when I tried, I got only B25 while driving near completed B26 sites. I have since flashed the .15 radio as it seems that more people have success with this radio. Is there anything else I need to do, or should I be good to go at this point?

In theory, if I have enabled all bands of LTE and am in LTE only mode, then I should be able to connect to any LTE site that is online, correct? I'm trying to sample the TD-LTE sites in Denver that are shown as complete in the premiere sponsors map in the Denver area. Earlier when I tried, I got only B25 while driving near completed B26 sites. I have since flashed the .15 radio as it seems that more people have success with this radio. Is there anything else I need to do, or should I be good to go at this point?

You're going to have to have a non existent/really unusable b25 signal to pick up b26. The network controls what band you'll ultimately end up on, priorities are only good for the first scan and the .15 radio is only for non ecsfb ready sites. Sprint is using and has designed b26 to only be used when there isn't any other LTE signal, or its completely unusable.

Interesting. Seeing how Denver seems to be far behind on the eCSFB issue, it would seem that the .15 baseband would be the preferred one for the area. Any idea if the .17 radio is the same in that respect as the .15?

• Like 1