Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Back onto my nexus after my N3 kept dropping calls. Woot!

What app are you guys using to calibrate your screens? I haven't seen one out there that anyone named specifically to get the job done. Something with some presets would be nice as well.

The Franco kernel updater pro app, as well as the Franco kernel display control app allow you to calibrate if your kernel supports it.

The Franco kernel updater pro app, as well as the Franco kernel display control app allow you to calibrate if your kernel supports it.

Gave the display control app a shot and it seems to make the screen just a little bit sharper being on the insanity setup.

The nexus screen is a good screen but I've read it can be better as I've seen for myself now.

• Like 1

So, because this is a slightly different problem than I've had before (though still feels like something is misconfigured on the tower side), I figured I'd ask.  I finally am able to get LTE at my home with the Nexus 5 without having to force LTE only.  Literally happened this morning.

That's the good.  On the bad side, I can't make any calls, nor can I receive any unless I fall back to 3G only.  I'm golden then.  Planning to wait it out a couple of days, but thought I'd ask to see if anyone has had any issue like this too, and how it got sorted out (hopefully).

So, because this is a slightly different problem than I've had before (though still feels like something is misconfigured on the tower side), I figured I'd ask.  I finally am able to get LTE at my home with the Nexus 5 without having to force LTE only.  Literally happened this morning.

That's the good.  On the bad side, I can't make any calls, nor can I receive any unless I fall back to 3G only.  I'm golden then.  Planning to wait it out a couple of days, but thought I'd ask to see if anyone has had any issue like this too, and how it got sorted out (hopefully).

give it a week, probably just updates in your area.  you could try to do a profile update and see if that makes an difference.

So, because this is a slightly different problem than I've had before (though still feels like something is misconfigured on the tower side), I figured I'd ask. I finally am able to get LTE at my home with the Nexus 5 without having to force LTE only. Literally happened this morning.

That's the good. On the bad side, I can't make any calls, nor can I receive any unless I fall back to 3G only. I'm golden then. Planning to wait it out a couple of days, but thought I'd ask to see if anyone has had any issue like this too, and how it got sorted out (hopefully).

Please do a prl/profile update, remove the battery and power your phone off...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Ive been watching video reviews and stuff on the new triband phones. And ive heard you can see the backlight in the sides of the screen on the nexus 5 is this true? And is it really as bad as they say? I bought my nephew a ZTE warp and I could never use that phone because the backlight was so visible. Lol

Ive been watching video reviews and stuff on the new triband phones. And ive heard you can see the backlight in the sides of the screen on the nexus 5 is this true? And is it really as bad as they say? I bought my nephew a ZTE warp and I could never use that phone because the backlight was so visible. Lol

I can barely see the back light leaking through one spot on mine, but only when its in day dream mode with the screen darkened and showing the clock.

I can barely see the back light leaking through one spot on mine, but only when its in day dream mode with the screen darkened and showing the clock.

That is really good to know. The nexus 5 maybe back on the radar. Anyone else have bad issues with the screen?

That is really good to know. The nexus 5 maybe back on the radar. Anyone else have bad issues with the screen?

Now that you mention it if I tip my phone to the side I can see some light but it looks like an edge lit TV does. There is barely anything showing through.

Every Android phone I've owned has light leak if you look at it in the right angle in the dark. They have all been top of the line phones (in their day). I haven't noticed if this one has it.

Well Im used to smoked screens which have no backlight so..n thats why it conserns

Every Android phone I've owned has light leak if you look at it in the right angle in the dark. They have all been top of the line phones (in their day). I haven't noticed if this one has it.Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Well ive used amoled up to this point which doesn't contain a backlight at all. So im just curious how noticeable it wasn

I'm running .15 and all is back to normal. Getting good reception. I think I'll just leave it on .15.

Be careful around ECSFB issue Ares or you will get no calls text.

My experience is that you can see the backlight on the sides of the screen, but you have to be looking at the phone at an off-angle, and it's not that bad. You'd have to be extremely picky to be so offset by the backlight issue.

• Like 1

My experience is that you can see the backlight on the sides of the screen, but you have to be looking at the phone at an off-angle, and it's not that bad. You'd have to be extremely picky to be so offset by the backlight issue.

^ This. It's a non-issue.. you only notice it if you are in a dark room and specifically looking for it. It's an awesome device that is well-built with great components under the hood. And I will repeat it for the zillionth time: the RF performance is ridiculous.

-Mike

• Like 5

^ This. It's a non-issue.. you only notice it if you are in a dark room and specifically looking for it. It's an awesome device that is well-built with great components under the hood. And I will repeat it for the zillionth time: the RF performance is ridiculous.

-Mike

Sorry for a side track, but signal check keeps crashing , usually after airplane toggles with the combo of clicking on the app on the slide down menu. Have you been hearing a lot of it?
  • Like 1

Sorry for a side track, but signal check keeps crashing , usually after airplane toggles with the combo of clicking on the app on the slide down menu. Have you been hearing a lot of it?

Ya it seems like towers with ecsfb issues cause it to potentially lock up.

Same problem here, I usually have to force close the app and restart it for it to work again.  Such a great app, I'm sure Mike is already working on it.

Ya it seems like towers with ecsfb issues cause it to potentially lock up.

Same problem here, I usually have to force close the app and restart it for it to work again.  Such a great app, I'm sure Mike is already working on it.

Yep, well aware.. it's been driving me crazy for almost 2 months! It's not specifically triggered by CSFB issues, but those could exacerbate it. Good news though.. I think I finally tracked down the root cause of the problems! A new version went into testing earlier this week, and it is going well. I anticipate releasing an update with that fix and a few other goodies very soon.. very very soon.. keep an eye on the thread and website in my signature for details.

-Mike

• Like 5

Got mine its still downloading some apps and I got a bazillion passwords to enter later but its all activated, unlocked rooted etc.

Someone on here will probably be a bit proud when I say the first app I stuck on it after verifying it worked was Signal Check Pro.

GCI/PCI goodness baby!

• Like 4