Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

I'm having issues with my Nexus 5 with typing and especially the swype feature. I use the stock swype and for the last couple weeks it freezes up a little during typing and does crappy auto corrects? Anyone having this issues?

Have you tried clearing the cache for the keyboard app? You'll have to customize your settings again.

So many / all of you root? Which method? CF autoroot and Wug's toolkit look good. Wug's is what I'm leaning to because it can add Twrp recovery with the same tool.

Sent from my SPH-L900

So many / all of you root? Which method? CF autoroot and Wug's toolkit look good. Wug's is what I'm leaning to because it can add Twrp recovery with the same tool.

Sent from my SPH-L900

I am, and I think you'll find a lot of Nexus owners do.  As far as method, I did it the good old fashioned way via fastboot.

• Like 1

Sent from my SPH-L900

Im rooted too, I was going to do it the fastboot method but SDK didn't download properly and I needed to use my phone(so I needed to set it up etc, and your device is wiped when you root) so I just used chainfire to unlock and then flashed SU with flashify. I have reverted back to stock and re-rooted using fastboot, its just a little more time consuming but it gives you a greater understanding of what you're actually doing (makes it easier to fix things if you screw up too).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

btw, you don't need the whole sdk download... just the platform-tools and usb drivers sections

Yeah I know I tried the "slimmer down" version on xda, it wouldn't download at the time so I just got the full SDK and got tired of waiting for it to update. Laziness ftw

I don't think I have the full SDK package. I have a folder with a cmd adb, and fastboot files if I remember correct. I keep all the files I want to use with the commands in that folder

Hey Friends, Here is the speed test from today on Band 41, Really need to find a way to block out Band 25, there has to be away to set this phone to go to Band 41 all the time, right now it only goes to Band 41 when Band 25 completely drops out. Here is today's speed .. smoked my U Verse 20mbs LMAOOOO.

spark2.png

band412.png

• Like 7

Hey Friends, Here is the speed test from today on Band 41, Really need to find a way to block out Band 25, there has to be away to set this phone to go to Band 41 all the time, right now it only goes to Band 41 when Band 25 completely drops out. Here is today's speed .. smoked my U Verse 20mbs LMAOOOO.

spark2.png

band412.png

Read back 10-15 pages about the .15 basebandbaseband and prl update trick

So you are connecting to this with a Nexus 5 with no special "tricks"?  I am still having issues with connecting to B41 on confirmed sites here locally...

So you are connecting to this with a Nexus 5 with no special "tricks"?  I am still having issues with connecting to B41 on confirmed sites here locally...

No tricks when B25 loses signal completely, it then goes searching and then Band 41 connects, I can only get this working in 2 locations so far, West Chicago, IL RT.59 & Geneva Rd and Glendale Heights IL North Ave & Glen Ellyn Rd. What needs to be done is some sort of .apk that shuts off Band 25, especially for areas like mines that are heavy in Band 41.

Radio was .23 During these tests. Just flashed radio .15 and will drive test it later on.

• Like 1

Sent from my SPH-L900

I used Wug's tool kit to root my first gen nexus 7 tab two days ago. It all went through with no issues. Just make sure you go into developers options and enable USB debugging.

Sent from my Nexus 5

No tricks when B25 loses signal completely, it then goes searching and then Band 41 connects, I can only get this working in 2 locations so far, West Chicago, IL RT.59 & Geneva Rd and Glendale Heights IL North Ave & Glen Ellyn Rd. What needs to be done is some sort of .apk that shuts off Band 25, especially for areas like mines that are heavy in Band 41.

Radio was .23 During these tests. Just flashed radio .15 and will drive test it later on.

No wonder you've only seen it twice, band 25 has some good coverage in Chicago. 

Can't wait for this spark update. I wonder what the hold up is. 

I wonder with the new update will they beef up the reception to the level of the .15 radio but have it so it will always connect to b41 first even if b25 signal is stronger

Sent from my Nexus 5

I think its been stated that the band you'll end up on is controlled by the network. Where it'll shunt you off of one band to another when the band you're on becomes overburdened.

Posted Image

Posted Image

New record? That is the fastest Sprint speed I have seen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I wonder with the new update will they beef up the reception to the level of the .15 radio but have it so it will always connect to b41 first even if b25 signal is stronger

Sent from my Nexus 5

Tested radio .15, failed to connect to Band 41 in the same area that radio.23 did. Radio .15 did attempt to connect to Band 41 but picked up a Band 25 signal and went back to it, In the drive test the reason Band 41 never gets searched for is because Band 25 continues to handshake very well, the phone only switches to Band 41 when Band 25 is completely unreachable. Someone mentioned this is tower controlled but I highly doubt that based on the driving tests, If Band 25 is gone Band 41 will come into play. What needs to be figured out is a way to disable the Band so the phone can focus on 41 and handshake properly, I am sure an update is down the road but correcting this seems to be on sprints last concern page.

Tested radio .15, failed to connect to Band 41 in the same area that radio.23 did. Radio .15 did attempt to connect to Band 41 but picked up a Band 25 signal and went back to it, In the drive test the reason Band 41 never gets searched for is because Band 25 continues to handshake very well, the phone only switches to Band 41 when Band 25 is completely unreachable. Someone mentioned this is tower controlled but I highly doubt that based on the driving tests, If Band 25 is gone Band 41 will come into play. What needs to be figured out is a way to disable the Band so the phone can focus on 41 and handshake properly, I am sure an update is down the road but correcting this seems to be on sprints last concern page.

There is no way to disable b25 completely. At least not to my knowledge. That would be pointless as there is more b25 deployment, and b41 building penetration issues.

When the Spark update comes to the N5, the network should prefer you to be on B41 whenever you're in range. Sprint wants everyone on B41 whenever you can.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 5

what were your band priorities?