Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

I'm more concerned why its only connected to LTE and no voice connection. When I'm connected to eHRPD I also have a voice connection, doesn't seem to be the same when connected to LTE.

That's always the case if you force through the engineering menu. Happened on my Evo LTE as well. You have to have CDMA enabled to use voice.

Not sure if this makes a difference, but when I first turned on my phone (and the activation failed because I hadn't called Sprint) it gave me some sort of message about the SIM being locked and told me to restart. I just assumed this wasn't a problem if it activated later, but now I'm thinking it had something to do with it.

I don't know if this will help at all, but my Mobile Network is set to "Global". 

I have no connectivity issues(including LTE) what so ever, mine was set at global out of the box as well and I left it that way.

Is there any reason I can't stick my nano-SIM from my iphone 5 in a nano to micro adapter and use it to activate my play store nexus 5 when it gets here? Are the extra LTE bands on the nexus 5 related to the SIM card in any way or is it just an ID number to activate/identify the phone?

That image brings back bad memories. I checked that page 3 times a day for 5 weeks, waiting for my girlfriend's iPhone 5s to show a tracking number. Hang in there. When it appears, it's a glorious feeling.

Yep, getting that email was great.

post-9748-13837855649638_thumb.jpg

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

That's always the case if you force through the engineering menu. Happened on my Evo LTE as well. You have to have CDMA enabled to use voice.

Not sure if this makes a difference, but when I first turned on my phone (and the activation failed because I hadn't called Sprint) it gave me some sort of message about the SIM being locked and told me to restart. I just assumed this wasn't a problem if it activated later, but now I'm thinking it had something to do with it.

My network is CDMA/LTE

xaN6JOBl.jpg

I have no connectivity issues(including LTE) what so ever, mine was set at global out of the box as well and I left it that way.

Does yours have LTE AND VOICE connected at the same time?

EDIT: Let me be clear, my phone functions fine, I have no connectivity issues in regards to things not connecting. My issue is there is NO VOICE connection along with being connected to LTE. 3G and voice connects together.

My network is CDMA/LTE

So yours handsoff to LTE fine, you just don't have voice?

And yeah, same here. Mine just doesn't connect to LTE at all though except for a brief second when the phone restarts, after which it goes back to 3G.

Edit: To clarify: I have 3G/Voice while on the setting LTE/CDMA and can force LTE, but I can't do LTE + Voice while it's forced.

Edited by nandre

My network is CDMA/LTE

xaN6JOBl.jpg

EDIT: Let me be clear, my phone functions fine, I have no connectivity issues in regards to things not connecting. My issue is there is NO VOICE connection along with being connected to LTE. 3G and voice connects together.

Wouldn't that always be the case?  These phones don't support SVDO or SVLTE so you can't have voice connection while also having LTE.

My network is CDMA/LTE

xaN6JOBl.jpg

EDIT: Let me be clear, my phone functions fine, I have no connectivity issues in regards to things not connecting. My issue is there is NO VOICE connection along with being connected to LTE.

Have you checked your engineering screens to see what you are actually connected to? It may be a problem with SignalCheck not gathering the right information. Can you receive calls when on LTE? If so, then you also must have some sort of CDMA/EVDO/EHRPD. Check your engineering screens and post that. 

Have you checked your engineering screens to see what you are actually connected to? It may be a problem with SignalCheck not gathering the right information. Can you receive calls when on LTE? If so, then you also must have some sort of CDMA/EVDO/EHRPD. Check your engineering screens and post that. 

I will have to do that when I get out of class. It only concerns me because the phone seems to ALWAYS connect to 1x voice when connected to LTE. Doesn't do that when I am connected to eHRPD.

Main reason I am pursuing this is because I have had multiple people complaining to me that my call quality is awful.

My network is CDMA/LTE

xaN6JOBl.jpg

Ok, using the signal check app, when I am not connected to lte it shows connected to ehrpd  and 1x but when I am connected to lte it just shows for the connection to lte and says no connection to ehrpd and 1x.

Ok, using the signal check app, when I am not connected to lte it shows connected to ehrpd  and 1x but when I am connected to lte it just shows for the connection to lte and says no connection to ehrpd and 1x.

Thanks. I'm going to check my engineering screen when I get home.

I feel like a total noob asking this question but does this phone's camera have a zoom? If so, how? Can't figure it out for the life of me.

I feel like a total noob asking this question but does this phone's camera have a zoom? If so, how? Can't figure it out for the life of me.

Pinch to zoom bro.

• Like 4

Any reason why this shouldn't allow me to connect to LTE with either the LTE/CDMA or LTE/GSM/CDMA option selected in the engineering menu? I'm still stuck on eHRPD.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

post-4787-13837879492108_thumb.jpg

post-4787-1383787958416_thumb.jpg

Trying to figure out my SMS sending problem.  Could someone post their SMSC data for me?

*#*#4636#*#*

Phone information

Scroll to SMSC: and click "Refresh"

The number I have is not the same as the Sprint number from this page but using switching to that number doesn't seem to work either.  Just wondering what other people have.

I cannot write a lengthy tutorial, as I am predisposed. But for those having connectivity issues in mature LTE markets, I recommend LTE, CDMA mode instead of LTE Only. You get most of the same benefits without the drawbacks.

On second thought, the LTE, CDMA setting may do little to help with these non SVLTE handsets.

AJ

• Like 1

Trying to figure out my SMS sending problem.  Could someone post their SMSC data for me?

*#*#4636#*#*

Phone information

Scroll to SMSC: and click "Refresh"

The number I have is not the same as the Sprint number from this page but using switching to that number doesn't seem to work either.  Just wondering what other people have.

Mine is not the same as the Sprint number listed on the page.