Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

No. Stock, un-modified devices have the issue. It is likely region specific. Alcatel-Lucent markets I'm thinking.

I see. I am in a Samsung market so I suppose that could very well be the problem. I wonder what's causing these devices to have a hard time authenticating LTE on Alcatel Lucent...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

No. Stock, un-modified devices have the issue. It is likely region specific. Alcatel-Lucent markets I'm thinking.

You might be right. I am in an Alcatel market. The nexus is almost as bad as the LG G2 I had.

I am having issues with my LTE and I'm in a Samsung market.

• Like 1

For those of you that were having issues with Hangouts using sms and mms, It seems that whatever it was is now fixed. Its BLAZING FAST. Wondering if anyone else noticed a massive increase in stability the last hr or so.

• Like 1

For those of you that were having issues with Hangouts using sms and mms, It seems that whatever it was is now fixed. Its BLAZING FAST. Wondering if anyone else noticed a massive increase in stability the last hr or so.

I thought I was just going crazy. I definitely noticed a big improvement as well.

• Like 1

I thought I was just going crazy. I definitely noticed a big improvement as well.

Typically, it would just queue up for a bit, then I would cross my fingers and hope it would go through. (wasnt a big deal since i use google voice most of the time)But it finally seems to be in perfect working order.

Edited by nexgencpu

Contemplating this purchase, I have an s4 but it hurts keeping a phone for more than six months

In the past 12 months I've owned an iPhone 5, Nexus 4, Galaxy Note 2, Optimus G, HTC One (White Black and Red), GS4, BB Q10, Moto X, Galaxy Note 3 and now this Nexus 5.

I feel your pain. Haha.

• Like 1

FWIW, Received my Nexus 5, and my SPIGEN Google Nexus 5 Case ULTRA HYBRID, and .....

and....

and ...  

Well, its pretty...

Ordered my SIM.  ETA from Sprint was 11/12.

If anyone hears of a Sprint retail in North Texas with any SIMS in stock, you will be blessed with super karma if you let me know!

Thanks!

Edited by eSchreibman
  • Like 1

When composing an SMS message with Hangouts, is it normal behavior for it to just stop typing once the 160 character limit is reached?  It seems a bit crazy that it doesn't auto-split the message.

In the past 12 months I've owned an iPhone 5, Nexus 4, Galaxy Note 2, Optimus G, HTC One (White Black and Red), GS4, BB Q10, Moto X, Galaxy Note 3 and now this Nexus 5.

I feel your pain. Haha.

What a contrast. Waiting for my 3rd smartphone in more than 3 years. HTC Hero, iPhone 4S and due Friday the Nexus 5 and first taste at LTE goodness.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Ahhh lets get some signal strength comparisons up! That's where the magic is at!

I'm going to see if I can scrounge up the cash to get one of these bad boys. Would like a good RF performer to replace my EVO LTE.

I'm getting about 8db better than my old evo lte

What a contrast. Waiting for my 3rd smartphone in note than 3 years. HTC Hero, iPhone 4S and due Friday the Nexus 5 and first taste at LTE goodness.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I have problems. It certainly has its benefits though.

For example, I am pretty good at answering obscure questions about devices at work because I have had every flagship device sold at Sprint.

Annnnd that's probably the only other benefit of such behavior... I spend way too much money on these things...

So I had a full day to use my new nexus 5 and I am loving it so far.  Using this and my One side by side, I would say that battery life is about the same on both devices.  This device is so snappy its unreal but honestly when I go back to the One it feels just as snappy to me so maybe all this talk about high end specs can finally be put to rest.  

As far as camera, honestly I think the One owns the nexus 5 in every conceivable category, in my opinion its not even close.  I probably took 200 pics/videos today using both devices and to me the One just beats it.  Speakers are great for what they are but this is something else that the One is far better at as well.  I also think that the One still has the best screen thats out right now.  

As for 4.4 kitkat, I love the google integration, it makes everything so simple and easy to use and easy to get to but what most important to me though is rf performance.  Now when it comes to 1x/3g/lte it straight up kills my One.  The rf differences between both devices on 1x/3g aren't that significant to complain about but the difference between lte is ridiculous.  My nexus was easily averaging 10 to 15dbm's better than my One in every situation I could put both devices in, it was shocking to see in all honesty and to be quite frank I am totally impressed.  The rf performance alone is worth the $350 price tag.  

thank you for the great mini-review, means a lot

:tu:

• Like 1

When composing an SMS message with Hangouts, is it normal behavior for it to just stop typing once the 160 character limit is reached? It seems a bit crazy that it doesn't auto-split the message.

Ooh this would be a huge pain, although I'm sure something that would get an update fix

So I had a full day to use my new nexus 5 and I am loving it so far. Using this and my One side by side, I would say that battery life is about the same on both devices. This device is so snappy its unreal but honestly when I go back to the One it feels just as snappy to me so maybe all this talk about high end specs can finally be put to rest.

As far as camera, honestly I think the One owns the nexus 5 in every conceivable category, in my opinion its not even close. I probably took 200 pics/videos today using both devices and to me the One just beats it. Speakers are great for what they are but this is something else that the One is far better at as well. I also think that the One still has the best screen thats out right now.

As for 4.4 kitkat, I love the google integration, it makes everything so simple and easy to use and easy to get to but what most important to me though is rf performance. Now when it comes to 1x/3g/lte it straight up kills my One. The rf differences between both devices on 1x/3g aren't that significant to complain about but the difference between lte is ridiculous. My nexus was easily averaging 10 to 15dbm's better than my One in every situation I could put both devices in, it was shocking to see in all honesty and to be quite frank I am totally impressed. The rf performance alone is worth the $350 price tag.

was there a case on your one? I know for my s4 the signal would drop when I had a case on it, noticeable enough for me to risk not using a case

probably not, it has been an issue on stock Google sms apps for a while

Guess I will have to use a texting app probably... I've never understood why you would not have such a user friendly feature like that if you are making what is supposed to be a top notch device.

Guess I will have to use a texting app probably... I've never understood why you would not have such a user friendly feature like that if you are making what is supposed to be a top notch device.

I thought with the N5 that the messaging app has been combined with hangouts. Is that not correct?