Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

I thought I was just going crazy. I definitely noticed a big improvement as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Anyone using hangouts with their Google voice number/sprint integration? Is it possible to send mms using gv number?

Anyone using hangouts with their Google voice number/sprint integration? Is it possible to send mms using gv number?

GV doesnt support MMS AFAIK

I am having issues with my LTE and I'm in a Samsung market.

Same.  I'm in the MN market, and I have yet to see LTE on my N5.  I haven't gone to a known LTE area and forced it, but I was through a few earlier today, including stopping at a Sprint store, walking in, and running a speed test on a Moto X to make sure the reported LTE was working (it was, and my N5 still stayed locked in to 3G).  I can't try now, as I don't typically have LTE here.

For reference, I've got a 32GB Black that seemed to activate fine, 3G and voice work, but LTE just doesn't seem to connect.

Yes it works! Not only that, but because of the tight integration of GV on sprint, we are the only ones able to do this.

Edited by nexgencpu
  • Like 1

It works with the hangouts app through your sprint integrated gvoice number.

Which integration option are you using (1 or 2)?

Does your MMS actually shoot up on the recipient's phone as coming from your gv number?

• Like 1

These pictures are coming from LTE to a phone call.

eHRPD

Oc3nbZOl.png

EVDO

TffJ3S4l.png

1X

aiqYYLel.png

I'm kind of leaning towards my voice connection priority is messed up. This is a bit over my head. How is that determined? I tried updating my profile, but it still did the same as above.

These pictures are coming from LTE to a phone call.

eHRPD

EVDO

1X

I'm kind of leaning towards my voice connection priority is messed up. This is a bit over my head. How is that determined? I tried updating my profile, but it still did the same as above.

As said before the Nexus 5 DOES NOT support SVDO / SVLTE and you will not get data while on a phone call. 

was there a case on your one? I know for my s4 the signal would drop when I had a case on it, noticeable enough for me to risk not using a case

yeppers, apparently a sammy thing, happened when I had a case on my GS2 and 3 ! My callers would say I was muffled and very choppy, take case off and voila, perfect connection. Was a bummer as they were very nice cases too.....$$ *flush

As said before the Nexus 5 DOES NOT support SVDO / SVLTE and you will not get data while on a phone call. 

I'm not trying to browse the internet, I am well aware after being told yesterday this. I'm concerned that my voice quality is because I'm constantly connecting to 1x not 800. Am I missing something? My voice quality does not suffer when I make a phone call from 3G, only when I'm going LTE to Voice.....

I'm not trying to browse the internet, I am well aware after being told yesterday this. I'm concerned that my voice quality is because I'm constantly connecting to 1x not 800. Am I missing something? My voice quality does not suffer when I make a phone call from 3G, only when I'm going LTE to Voice.....

If I were you I'd reset my phone back to complete stock using this tool:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2513937

Which integration option are you using (1 or 2)?

Does your MMS actually shoot up on the recipient's phone as coming from your gv number?

Not sure if it is 1 or 2 but it is full integration. I only have 1 number, my sprint number is my google voice number.

I no longer use the google voice app, hangouts for SMS & MMS and have the voicemail integrated into the stock dialer.

I still use the gvoice app to text from my tablets/computer though and no MMS there obviously. 

• Like 2

Not sure if it is 1 or 2 but it is full integration. I only have 1 number, my sprint number is my google voice number.

I no longer use the google voice app, hangouts for SMS & MMS and have the voicemail integrated into the stock dialer.

I still use the gvoice app to text from my tablets/computer though and no MMS there obviously. 

sweet, looking forward to this

What did you have first, a sprint number or a Google voice number?

What did you have first, a sprint number or a Google voice number?

Sprint. I was in the Google Voice pilot program for Sprint integration though, I've had it since the beginning. 

I had a GV number and a Sprint number, end I think when you combine them, with that option mms still comes from my Sprint number, which sucks. I didn't know if the hangouts integration would fix that.. guess I could reintegrate and try..

Rocky start to the chat but my 32GB black is live on LTE without doing any tinkering on the engineering screens. I don't have signalcheck pro installed but the settings screens have me at -100dBm 37asu just outside of Washington DC. Marginally better than the signal on my Viper. I'll be roaming around your nations capital tomorrow and will report back with how it behaves.

• Like 1

Rocky start to the chat but my 32GB black is live on LTE without doing any tinkering on the engineering screens. I don't have signalcheck pro installed but the settings screens have me at -100dBm 37asu just outside of Washington DC. Marginally better than the signal on my Viper. I'll be roaming around your nations capital tomorrow and will report back with how it behaves.

You weren't having any LTE troubles to start with though, were you?  Otherwise, any idea what they did to fix them (if you were having issues).