Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Ok, both my Sprint pre-orders, placed at the same time, have now shipped...

But here's thing - one shipped two-day ground, the other is overnight. So I'll have one tomorrow and the other Friday. Sprint had to re-order both phones due to some problem with their system, so that could account for the difference. But note the weight difference as well...

TcB0uTj.png

rsHh0lH.png

Odd.

Ok, both my Sprint pre-orders, placed at the same time, have now shipped...

But here's thing - one shipped two-day ground, the other is overnight. So I'll have one tomorrow and the other Friday. Sprint had to re-order both phones due to some problem with their system, so that could account for the difference. But note the weight difference as well...

Odd.

:unsure:  :wacko:  :wall:  :mad:

EDIT: AWWW YIS

lDlrlOa.jpg

• Like 1

omfgggggg

Right after I posted that comment ^^^^^

my Razr vibrated, 2 emails from Sprint

One was a welcome one with my new phone number

and....the.........other.............was..........................SHIPPED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*sorry VERY excited

(I may have dribbled just a bit)

Nice to see they are handling the fulfillment aspect so well

• Like 1

When composing an SMS message with Hangouts, is it normal behavior for it to just stop typing once the 160 character limit is reached?  It seems a bit crazy that it doesn't auto-split the message.

Same here, very annoying.

was there a case on your one? I know for my s4 the signal would drop when I had a case on it, noticeable enough for me to risk not using a case

I have a tpu case on both devices but I ran tests with and without cases just to make sure and it didn't make a bit of difference.  The nexus 5 is an rf beast.

I thought with the N5 that the messaging app has been combined with hangouts. Is that not correct?

Meaning that there is not separate messaging app besides hangouts.

Yeah, no other messaging app other than whats included in hangouts.

• Like 2

omfgggggg

and....the.........other.............was..........................SHIPPED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*sorry VERY excited

I was going to order from Sprint until I found out that the 16g cost the same as the 32g from the GP store. Once I found out that the 32gb version did in fact work on Sprint's network I pushed the button Tuesday night. It arrives tomorrow for sure!

omfgggggg

*sorry VERY excited

Great!  Glad to see things are moving.  Nothing yet on my order.  Placed mine early on Nov 2nd.  Hope it goes out today overnight.

This nexus 5 is very interesting.

My 1x in engineering (or engernering) shows no connection until there is a call.

I tried calling voice mail and it would toggle between choosing PCS or ESMR band to connect the call.  When the call would end, the 1x connection would drop.

All calls come/go just fine - has qualcomm figured out how to completely kill the 1x radio unless there is an active call?  If so, that is impressive!  How does it select which band to use when making a call?  I was in the same exact spot at 7AM in the morning (low traffic) and one call it would pick PCS, the next call ESMR...

What's also interesting is when I make the call, the LTE icon goes away, flashes R for a second, and then just displays bars (no 3G, no nothing, just voice bars).  When I hang up, it goes blank, then goes back on LTE.

It appears the game has changed.  I am LOVING this phone.

I still can't get over how great this phone is at holding LTE.  It's unreal.  EVERYONE on s4gru should have this phone for how great the radio is.

• Like 6

It appears the game has changed. I am LOVING this phone.

I still can't get over how great this phone is at holding LTE. It's unreal. EVERYONE on s4gru should have this phone for how great the radio is.

I almost pulled the trigger a few minutes ago. How does 1x signal compare to other phones? I'm also waiting to see how it is vs other phones on lte BC 26 and/or 41

Sent from my HTC ONE from Tapatalk 2

This nexus 5 is very interesting.

My 1x in engineering (or engernering) shows no connection until there is a call.

I tried calling voice mail and it would toggle between choosing PCS or ESMR band to connect the call.  When the call would end, the 1x connection would drop.

All calls come/go just fine - has qualcomm figured out how to completely kill the 1x radio unless there is an active call?  If so, that is impressive!  How does it select which band to use when making a call?  I was in the same exact spot at 7AM in the morning (low traffic) and one call it would pick PCS, the next call ESMR...

What's also interesting is when I make the call, the LTE icon goes away, flashes R for a second, and then just displays bars (no 3G, no nothing, just voice bars).  When I hang up, it goes blank, then goes back on LTE.

It appears the game has changed.  I am LOVING this phone.

I still can't get over how great this phone is at holding LTE.  It's unreal.  EVERYONE on s4gru should have this phone for how great the radio is.

LTE disappears because if you recall triband phones on Sprint cannot do LTE and voice at the same time so LTE goes idle while in a voice call.

I ordered the 32GB Black N5 on 11/3 at 7 A.M..  The only time I had a date of shipment was on the order complete page when I initially ordered.  Since then the order page just says pending and ships in 2-3 weeks.  Glad to hear others who ordered after are getting theirs though.

So do anyone know what the band priority should actually be for tri-band?

I was reading here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint/291874-official-sprint-tri-band-lte-phone-discussion-thread-aka-sprint-spark.html

"Those that have Tri-Band LTE phones the priority will be 2.5/1900/800 Meaning your phone will look for Clearwire 2.5 first as it will have the largest pipe, and fastest speeds. 2.5 will mostly used be in dense Urban/Suburban locations to offload traffic from the main pipes of 1900 and 800. Once you fall out of 2.5 coverage your phone will then fallback to 1900 LTE and finally 800 LTE when deep inside buildings or where 1900 doesn't reach."

*edit*

But in an earlier thread (on page 25)here is was stated that it should be 26->25->41?

Does anyone know the correct answer to this?

I was able to achieve 41->25->26 by setting the priority as 25=0, 26=0, 41=1 in the service menu, but I am not sure if that is the correct priority.

Edited by Treylok

I second this!  I was able to hold a solid LTE signal on my way to work this morning.  With my EVO LTE, it would drop and reconnect regularly.  

• Like 1

LTE disappears because if you recall triband phones on Sprint cannot do LTE and voice at the same time so LTE goes idle while in a voice call.

LTE doesn't go idle, it completely disconnects/shuts down.

It's amazing that it correctly displays LTE bars and then correctly displays voice bars.

I almost pulled the trigger a few minutes ago. How does 1x signal compare to other phones? I'm also waiting to see how it is vs other phones on lte BC 26 and/or 41

Sent from my HTC ONE from Tapatalk 2

1x is solid.  I can do some more comparisons on 1x later (im on channel 650 in my market).

LTE doesn't go idle, it completely disconnects/shuts down.

It's amazing that it correctly displays LTE bars and then correctly displays voice bars.

So the phone is behaving correctly. This is happening to me and I was wonder what the hell was going on. People are complaining to me that my call quality is awful and I thought the voice priority was messed up. I'm trying to figure it out because the horrible call quality only happens on LTE when I make a phone call, it connects to 1x, when I am on eHRPD I am able to connect to 1x800. Very strange for me.

Anyone using hangouts with their Google voice number/sprint integration? Is it possible to send mms using gv number?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I am on my GNEX right now (till the N5 arrives).  Works fine.  I use Gvoice for voicemail and Hangouts for SMS/MMS and Chat.  If I respond to a text using google voice on my pc, it will show up in both places on the phone.  But to answer your questions it works.

Not sure if it is 1 or 2 but it is full integration. I only have 1 number, my sprint number is my google voice number.

I no longer use the google voice app, hangouts for SMS & MMS and have the voicemail integrated into the stock dialer.

I still use the gvoice app to text from my tablets/computer though and no MMS there obviously. 

I like using the GVoice app for voicemail since it has voice to text and I can read a voicemail.  Does the N5 translate voicemails to text?

Frustrating day yesterday. Due to circumstances I was unable to pick up a SIM. However I was able to unlock and root my Nexus, although I am still not sure why I did it. I guess because I can and the instructions where here. I downloaded the update via wifi and then installed my apps. I did spend about an hour using it over wifi and so far I am happy with it. Now I just need to get the SIM and see how it functions for voice and data.

Pinch to zoom bro.

That's what I assumed. I have no idea what happened but I rebooted and now it works. Who knows. Probably user error.

• Like 1