LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

We still sits and we still waits for the Android 4.4 Kit Kat Update...No word still as of yet....

http://www.phonearena.com/news/When-will-my-phone-get-the-Android-4.4-KitKat-update-here-is-what-we-know_id48960

My precious... Give its to us! 

LG G2 Best Buy pre order finally showed up. Activated via sprint chat last night. $50 GC showed up in email today. So far it seems to hold onto the LTE signal in my house a little better than my Note 2, although the signal strength shows about the same. The signal check app is always ringing as my Note 2 connects/drops LTE while walking around the house.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

teeitup, make any calls on it yet?

Any earpiece crackling, popping sounds?

My G2 only does this on some numbers - one being my VOIP voicemail.  If called from any other phone the sound quality is fine.  It almost sounds like the speaker is turned up too loud causing sine wave clipping and distortion - but it's not.  It happens at all volumes.  It does crackle though...  Hopefully this will be fixed with an update.  99% of my calls do not have this issue. 

We still sits and we still waits for the Android 4.4 Kit Kat Update...No word still as of yet....

http://www.phonearena.com/news/When-will-my-phone-get-the-Android-4.4-KitKat-update-here-is-what-we-know_id48960

Lets just say that I have heard that Verizon is already testing a stock Android 4.4 ROM for the LG G2.  I am sure other carriers are not too far behind.  I heard this from a recognized contributor in the LG G2 IRC chat on XDA.  Apparently he was able to get all the stock firmware files for each LG G2 variant long before anyone has.  He might just have connections or is a soak test member.

No, I'm not absolutely sure.  I've tried getting LTE in areas where Sensorly says it should be, but I've only tried a couple times.   I thought I had read somewhere that Phoenix was affected by the eCSFB issue, so I didn't spend too much time testing it.  But now I'll have to try it again :)

I'm in the West Valley of Phoenix and can confirm.  I have sat in my car within 300 feet of a known LTE tower.  My wife's Note 2 connected, My daugher's Victory connected to LTE as well.  The G2 stayed on 3G.

I'm in the West Valley of Phoenix and can confirm. I have sat in my car within 300 feet of a known LTE tower. My wife's Note 2 connected, My daugher's Victory connected to LTE as well. The G2 stayed on 3G.

Toggle airplane mode, it scans for lte again. Temporary fix for now, but works.

• Like 1

Have you stood near a confirmed LTE tower and did speedtests? What were your signal levels when you did your speedtests? I mean you have to keep in mind that there are a ton of B25 LTE devices out there so does it really matter if you don't get 20-30 Mbps speeds? Being in the heart of LA, I wouldn't be surprised until more sites get upgraded to LTE.

Same areas that I've been with my note I got LTE everywhere with the n2. Not the same with my g2. Not really for the 20 or so, but in places where I had -70 and a little below I had horrible speeds I'll take a speed test after my orientation today

It happens at all volumes.  It does crackle though...

So, you have Crackle, but you are missing Snap and Pop?  Too bad for you...

coolest-homemade-snap-crackle-pop-rice-k

AJ

• Like 2

Ok couple of issues so far.. Battery does not decrease at the top of the screen so I put it to show percentage of battery also.. Percentage keeps up with the battery.. Also, the power button on the back gets pretty hot.. Has anyone else noticed that?? Could be due to me using it so much.. Have reduced the screen brightness to see if that would help..

Same areas that I've been with my note I got LTE everywhere with the n2. Not the same with my g2. Not really for the 20 or so, but in places where I had -70 and a little below I had horrible speeds I'll take a speed test after my orientation today

Are you doing the speedtests at the same time or one after the other?  If you do them together, then whoever starts first will have the faster speeds since it is taking bandwidth from the tower assuming both phones are connected to the same LTE site and sector.  Try doing them independently with at least a 10-20 sec gap.  No promises of faster speeds but rather it is another data point.  If it is an issue, probably should report it to Sprint so that they can fix it in the Spark update.

teeitup, make any calls on it yet?

Any earpiece crackling, popping sounds?

Well, I guess I need to reduce my 99% good call (no crackle) figure.  I just received another crackling call.  It's really annoying.  There must be some sort of issue for some of the G2 handsets.  I hope this issue gets taken care of with a firmware update.  It's not every single call for me though.  Many of mine are from automated systems, but these same systems sound good on other phones. Hmmmmm?

Are these screenshots from the Note 2? I see a custom CM ROM that was flashed.

Carbon ROM for the Sprint G2. I use this as my stable rom, GPS works great except on LTE only, and native WiFi tether works great

I have yet to have the crackle during a phone call

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

It sounds like the earpiece speaker is breaking up because it's too loud in volume, or the amplifier is clipping.  The volume is not too loud though, but that's what it sounds like.  It's terrible.  The Verizon LG G2 is plagued with this same phenomenon. 

Ahhhh...Carbon ROM.  The test ROM thus far.  Do you get these same types of speeds when you run stock ROM or only when you run Carbon ROM?

Hmm thank you will post screens later.

So, I think I'm going to stick with the LG G2. I like the bigger screen, camera, and battery. The LTE performance is amazing on the Nexus 5 but the 1x and 3G performance on the G2 is better and unfortunately, where I work is a 3G only area so the Nexus 5 tends to switch between roaming a lot while the G2 can hold onto a better signal.

Like both phones but I also feel like I have to keep the N5 plugged in more often than the G2. If anyone needs me to test something on the n5 before I resell, let me know.

Sent from my Nexus 5

So, I think I'm going to stick with the LG G2. I like the bigger screen, camera, and battery. The LTE performance is amazing on the Nexus 5 but the 1x and 3G performance on the G2 is better and unfortunately, where I work is a 3G only area so the Nexus 5 tends to switch between roaming a lot while the G2 can hold onto a better signal.

Like both phones but I also feel like I have to keep the N5 plugged in more often than the G2. If anyone needs me to test something on the n5 before I resell, let me know.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Have you successfully connected to B41 on the N5?