LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

I am very calculated when it comes to rooting.  Lets just say, I don't root my phones unless I had a method to return back to stock.  I have those stock files as well. 

So you have found a way to revert to stock AND flip the 'rooted flag' back to unmodified?? I would sure like to know how you did this since  "the stock recovery binary blows some qfuses if you've rooted your phone, and there's no known way to reset those"

You KNOW that you can restore (unroot) AND restore the 'rooted flag'??

So you have found a way to revert to stock AND flip the 'rooted flag' back to unmodified?? I would sure like to know how you did this since  "the stock recovery binary blows some qfuses if you've rooted your phone, and there's no known way to reset those"

You KNOW that you can restore (unroot) AND restore the 'rooted flag'??

Are you talking about the Verizon root status flag? If so then Sprint, TMUS and ATT doesn't have a root status flag.  It is only specific to Verizon G2.  

Also even if you revert back to stock and you need to return it to a Sprint store, they are not going to check if any LG root flag has been changed other than if it was obvious in the Settings-> About Phone which Sprint doesnt have.

Are you talking about the Verizon root status flag? If so then Sprint, TMUS and ATT doesn't have a root status flag.  It is only specific to Verizon G2.  

Also even if you revert back to stock and you need to return it to a Sprint store, they are not going to check if any LG root flag has been changed other than if it was obvious in the Settings-> About Phone which Sprint doesnt have.

Sprint policy does not care about rooted devices, just custom software (ROMs) and anything that may have caused a hardware issue like overclocking. Simply rooting your device does not void Sprint's S&R guidelines.

• Like 1

Has anyone found a way to enable LTE only mode on the G2 yet? I hate that LG blocks you from doing so but there must be away around this.

Yes but you will have to flash carbon rom....

The crackling sound is an issue that quite a few users are complaining about.  I don't encounter the crackling on every single call, only some.  I think I hold the phone the same way each time, but who knows?  The crackling, sounds more like a speaker that is over-driven.  I tested your theory by muting the microphone during a call.  With the "voice enhancement" engaged the distortion or crackling through the earpiece is drastically reduced.  There must be a bug in the firmware. 

I don't know what it is, all I know is that I am on my 3rd G2 with the same situation. I also know the Note 3 had this same exact problem but it was solved by a software update that Sprint sent out. I hope LG and Sprint takes care of business like Samsung did.

Edited by mjnoles1

I don't know what it is, all I know is that I am on my 3rd G2 with the same situation. I also know the Note 3 had this same exact problem but it was solved by a software update. I hope LG takes care of business like Samsung did.

I hope this gets resolved quickly as well.  Did you try enabling "voice enhancement" under settings>call?  I'd like to know other users results on this.  In my case it reduces the crackling.  Maybe it's just an anomaly on mine?  I'd like to find out...

I hope this gets resolved quickly as well.  Did you try enabling "voice enhancement" under settings>call?  I'd like to know other users results on this.  In my case it reduces the crackling.  Maybe it's just an anomaly on mine?  I'd like to find out...

I can not really move around right now as I am chained to my desk lol. But, I did read your suggestion and I called my voicemail again with the "voice enhancement" engaged and did not help my situation.

I DO NOT want to return this phone, I love it. This is the only thing that is an issue. Do you think Sprint will take care of this with a software update or try to sweep in under the rug?

I can not really move around right now as I am chained to my desk lol. But, I did read your suggestion and I called my voicemail again with the "voice enhancement" engaged and did not help my situation.

I DO NOT want to return this phone, I love it. This is the only thing that is an issue. Do you think Sprint will take care of this with a software update or try to sweep in under the rug?

Sprint is an excellent service provider.  I'm sure this issue will be fixed with a firmware update.  We just need to get enough users to let Sprint know there is a problem.  I'm positive they'll take care of us.  Now if it were Verizon......

Sprint is an excellent service provider.  I'm sure this issue will be fixed with a firmware update.  We just need to get enough users to let Sprint know there is a problem.  I'm positive they'll take care of us.  Now if it were Verizon......

Sorry, m posting in-between analyzing samples...

I would suggest going on the Sprint Community forums and add comments to a thread on LG G2 crackling.  Unfortunately there are multiple threads, because people didn't search before they started a new thread.  When there are enough replies with the same problem, a Sprint Social care worker should pick up on this and get the wheels in motion. 

Sorry, m posting in-between analyzing samples...

I would suggest going on the Sprint Community forums and add comments to a thread on LG G2 crackling.  Unfortunately there are multiple threads, because people didn't search before they started a new thread.  When there are enough replies with the same problem, a Sprint Social care worker should pick up on this and get the wheels in motion. 

I just posted on the thread that you posted as screen name FIUGOLDENPANTHERS1.

We do need a fix like the Note3 users got.

I just posted on the thread that you posted as screen name FIUGOLDENPANTHERS1.

We do need a fix like the Note3 users got.

OK, let's hope for the best.  The fix will have to come from LG, once Sprint gets enough users with this issue.  The phone is awesome, other than the crackling.  Do you get it on every single call?  I don't. 

OK, let's hope for the best.  The fix will have to come from LG, once Sprint gets enough users with this issue.  The phone is awesome, other than the crackling.  Do you get it on every single call?  I don't. 

The first one yes, the second one no, the third one I am not sure yet. Again I am at work, but, I listen to the voicemail 3 times and each time yet. Will continue to test it.

Still within my 14 day timeframe. Should I exchange again, or just hold out and hope for an update?

The first one yes, the second one no, the third one I am not sure yet. Again I am at work, but, I listen to the voicemail 3 times and each time yet. Will continue to test it.

Still within my 14 day timeframe. Should I exchange again, or just hold out and hope for an update?

I don't know what to tell you about the exchange?  We don't know what is causing the problem yet.  Is it our particular towers, our areas? - I'm not sure.  That is something that will have to be determined.  I know the Samsung GN3 owners were exchanging the phones and having the same issue after the exchange.  There is a bunch of people with the Verizon G2 that have the same issue. 

Was there an update pushed?

I don't know, I am thinking so. The Google Play Services app is something that Google has full control of any updates behind the scene without any notice or control from the user. I didn't think to take a screen shot of the version that was causing the trouble in order to match it.

Crackle, pop, digital transmission earpiece: Bad Batch?

Could this possibly be a bad batch issue? I looked through the start to the end of the LG G2 Sprint and Verizon complain threads and the Note3 with the same issue complain thread and all of them started around the same time. Mine was purchased within the last two weeks. 1 from BestBuy warehouse, other two from local BestBuy store. All within same timeframe.

Anyone have a good rugged case with a decent built in screen prorrector? The one on the Otterbox Defender is decent other than the gap between thrle screen protector and screen, also getting dust under the screen.

I'm sticking to my original suggestion. Ballistic Maxx and your screen protector of choice.

I'm sticking to my original suggestion. Ballistic Maxx and your screen protector of choice.

Why have one at all?  I pulled the one out of my Note2 Otterbox since it had the stupid hole cut it in that let dust get in between in it.  No scratches.  The whole screen protector thing is a hold over from the first gen smartphones that used to scratch a lot.  Keep your keys in a different pocket than your phone and that's it.

• Like 1

Why have one at all?  I pulled the one out of my Note2 Otterbox since it had the stupid hole cut it in that let dust get in between in it.  No scratches.  The whole screen protector thing is a hold over from the first gen smartphones that used to scratch a lot.  Keep your keys in a different pocket than your phone and that's it.

I have a case on mine and it came with the screen protector but I refuse to put it on. Like you said. Keys are in one pocket and phone in other. I like the case though because I tend to forget my phone on my lap sometimes and get out the car and watch it bounce off the ground. How I shatter the glass in my S3.

I have a case on mine and it came with the screen protector but I refuse to put it on. Like you said. Keys are in one pocket and phone in other. I like the case though because I tend to forget my phone on my lap sometimes and get out the car and watch it bounce off the ground. How I shatter the glass in my S3.

Yep, that's why I have the defender because I have done that many times.

• Like 1