LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Does the G2 support 10mhz of PCS LTE?

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-350-bande-%C3%A0-part-lg-g2-is-the-first-announced-sprint-tri-band-lte-handset/

But you will not need to worry about 10 MHz FDD in band 25 during the lifetime of the G2.

AJ

• Like 1

This dialer code ##443336772# will flash a toast notification on the bottom of the screen with your SPC/MSL code.  I found the dialer code in the Sprint Optimus G General XDA thread and I tried it on my Sprint LG G2.  I had already chatted with Sprint and obtained my MSL so I can confirm it works with the Sprint LG G2.  I do not know if it will work with any other phones.  I tried it on my Sprint Motorola Admiral and it did nothing.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=46006443&postcount=11

• Like 4

I really wanted to like Google Voice, but for almost a week I kept missing calls and it took 20-30 seconds to connect a call whenever I dialed a number. Not sure what caused it, but it was frustrating until I had the idea last night to get rid of it and my calls are back to normal.

I've been using Google Voice for roughly 3 years - shortly after it launched. I've had minor issues which were quickly fixed (years ago), but I've never had any call quality issues ever. For me, the benefits - especially when seamlessly integrated with Sprint - are just awesome. A few I use:

Text from anywhere - cell phone, desktop (via web), any other device with a GV app.

Answer or place calls on desktop (via Gmail).

Make any phone ring when you receive a call (e.g. a land-line at work).

Voicemails automatically transcribed, can be listened to on the web, E-mailed, downloaded, etc.

Spam filtering - blocks texts and calls from spammers.

Miscellaneous little things - can set custom VM greetings, super cheap international calls.

Again, there was no trade-off for these features - it's all free and there's no change in call quality, delay in calling or anything like that, at all.

On a related topic, Hangouts is also awesome (and is gradually being merged with Google Voice). Everyone with a Gmail e-mail address (a Google account) already has Hangouts in Gmail - look to the left of the inbox. All Android phones will have Hangouts installed and active as the primary SMS app starting with 4.4, and most older Android phones have it as well since it has automatically replaced the Google Talk app. Hangouts does high quality video calling, makes group messaging super simple, and has read receipts, among other features.

To each his own, but the issues people keep mentioning about these two services don't correspond with my experiences at all.

P.S. - If you do try GV again, make sure your call settings are at their defaults or similar to this to avoid any delays or anything similar:

HWf8iOb.png

I really wanted to like Google Voice, but for almost a week I kept missing calls and it took 20-30 seconds to connect a call whenever I dialed a number. Not sure what caused it, but it was frustrating until I had the idea last night to get rid of it and my calls are back to normal.

I don't use Google Voice for calls.  There is an option to disable Google Voice for calling.  If anything I used to use Google Voice on my Photon 4G for voicemails since it keeps a history of your voicemails.  

• Like 1

I tried hangouts for messaging but you can only type so much and it cuts you off.. The messaging app keeps going like wrap around and doesn't cut you off!

Hadn't realized that - definitely a design flaw I'd expect them to correct pretty quickly.

Let me know how that works out.. May do the same thing..

Looking at the website and it shows if you trade in a smartphone with it, you get it for $49.  Only the Black Friday Thursday-Sat can you get it for $49 without trading in a smartphone.  Crap, I'll be outside my 2 week period by then.  Ah well.

Looking at the website and it shows if you trade in a smartphone with it, you get it for $49.  Only the Black Friday Thursday-Sat can you get it for $49 without trading in a smartphone.  Crap, I'll be outside my 2 week period by then.  Ah well.

When does the 2 week period begin from, the day it is activated??

I tried hangouts for messaging but you can only type so much and it cuts you off.. The messaging app keeps going like wrap around and doesn't cut you off!

Hadn't realized that - definitely a design flaw I'd expect them to correct pretty quickly.

Meh. Too many people need a reminder that SMS stands for Short Message Service. Need I emphasize the short part? Stop sending split then concatenated SMS that do not always arrive in order. If you need greater than 160 characters, then split the messages yourself while you are composing them. Or find a more appropriate medium, such as e-mail.

AJ

• Like 2

You know, I never knew what sms stood for. Thanks for that info.. Still not worth emailing though.. Especially when you only go over characters by 5 or so..

That 100%always takes the longest to knock down on my phone as well.. Once that 100% is gone it drops on the reg..

Hey  

I can't get Google wallet to work on my G2...Has anybody tried to use the NFC capability on the G2? I have tried it at 2 different locations and nothing happen

Touch and pay support is not yet enabled on the LG G2.

Hopefully it will be shortly orrrrr we get KitKat in December and it takes care of itself.

It is the feature I am looking forward to the most.

Touch and pay support is not yet enabled on the LG G2.

Hopefully it will be shortly orrrrr we get KitKat in December and it takes care of itself.

It is the feature I am looking forward to the most.

oh thanks... It was embarrassing rubbing my phone against the credit card reader will people are waiting in line behind me 

Quick question from a technically inclined person... Some videos I try to watch say I need flash to download but it's not supported on Android devices anymore.. What do you do?? Using Chrome but have Mozilla Beta also..

try skyfire..

Hmm..

tmp_Screenshot_2013-11-18-10-06-17706562448.png

Not bad considering I've made a few posts, did a speed test, took a quick phone call and opened a few emails.

Yesterday morning mine said 288 hours and 58 minutes of expected usage. But so far im on my 3rd day with the phone. So far it seems to have better battery than my note 2.One thing i have noticed is the auto brightness seems to not work properly no matter what you set it too. I like mine to crank it to 100% when outside but when im inside it seems to not want to got to a lower setting. I have read that putting thr slide down from 100% to 99% and its sapose to work a little better but i csnt really tell. Anyone else have this issue? Edited by ghostkilla1388

Hissing, crackling during phone calls, anyone else with a Sprint G2 having this issue? I just activated my phone last night and I noticed it with my very first phone call.

It seems to be a big issue with Verizon customers and their G2 and no matter how much they exchange it, it does not fix the issue.

Anyone else on Sprint having this issue like me?