LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Btw, did you find any B26 LTE?  Right now I just left B25 LTE enabled since I am done with my B41 LTE testing and haven't seen any confirmation of where B26 LTE is appearing.  We definitely need the Sprint Spark OTA for more stability when testing the B26 and B41 LTE bands.

I haven't even seen any 1x800 in Florida, let alone band 26 LTE. I tried picking up band 41,but there are only two towers in town that for sure have it and there is a strong band 25 signal right over it so it doesn't seem like I could get it to switch.

I'm having the same issue.  Not on every call, but mostly calls when I have a weak signal.  In certain areas where I never had trouble with signal strength before, my signal is going in and out.  My wife's phone has the same behavior.  I might have to return the G2 and get something different.

I've heard people complain about hissing and cracking but so far I have heard nothing but high quality out of my phone calls. My wife and I both have the G2. It's really pleasant to talk on.

I have an issue i'm noticing, aside from being unable to make calls over Sprint and being required to use Magic Jack to remain on call for more than 45 seconds to a minute. 

While on WIFI my LTE connection displays in the top left portion of my status bar ( Signal Check PRO)  I will maintain a -97 dBm or so, yet as soon as i turn WIFI off the connection will become sporadic.  Jumping from -97 to -102, -107 and then I receive a trianglular box stating " Unable to establish a wireless connection"  My phone remains in 1X mode for a moment then picks up EVDO_A.  I have 3 sites within a mile from me, with the closest one being untouched by NV.  Anyone else? I was holding LTE when i connected but now its unusable. 

-Will

I read somewhere that legacy sites give these new single radio triband devices weird issues holding a signal. Maybe that legacy site is causing the problem.

I have an issue i'm noticing, aside from being unable to make calls over Sprint and being required to use Magic Jack to remain on call for more than 45 seconds to a minute. 

While on WIFI my LTE connection displays in the top left portion of my status bar ( Signal Check PRO)  I will maintain a -97 dBm or so, yet as soon as i turn WIFI off the connection will become sporadic.  Jumping from -97 to -102, -107 and then I receive a trianglular box stating " Unable to establish a wireless connection"  My phone remains in 1X mode for a moment then picks up EVDO_A.  I have 3 sites within a mile from me, with the closest one being untouched by NV.  Anyone else? I was holding LTE when i connected but now its unusable. 

-Will

Does anyone in Phoenix have a G2? I'm curious if others are having the same irradic signal strength issues as me.

I'm not getting 4G here either, but that's probably because the towers don't have the CSFB upgrade yet.

Are you sure you are in an area where there is LTE?  Phoenix still has limited areas of LTE.  The eCSFB issue does not affect the Phoenix market at all.

• Like 1

Are you sure you are in an area where there is LTE?  Phoenix still has limited areas of LTE.  The eCSFB issue does not affect the Phoenix market at all.

No, I'm not absolutely sure.  I've tried getting LTE in areas where Sensorly says it should be, but I've only tried a couple times.   I thought I had read somewhere that Phoenix was affected by the eCSFB issue, so I didn't spend too much time testing it.  But now I'll have to try it again :)

• Like 1

While on WIFI my LTE connection displays in the top left portion of my status bar ( Signal Check PRO) I will maintain a -97 dBm or so, yet as soon as i turn WIFI off the connection will become sporadic. Jumping from -97 to -102, -107 and then I receive a trianglular box stating " Unable to establish a wireless connection" My phone remains in 1X mode for a moment then picks up EVDO_A. I have 3 sites within a mile from me, with the closest one being untouched by NV. Anyone else? I was holding LTE when i connected but now its unusable.

-Will

Had a dropped call the other day (first time in a long time with sprint) and right after the dotted call that little triangle thing came up saying unable to establish internet connection.. But wasn't sure if that was because I was on a phone call or what.. Kind of seemed weird.

• Like 1

No, I'm not absolutely sure.  I've tried getting LTE in areas where Sensorly says it should be, but I've only tried a couple times.   I thought I had read somewhere that Phoenix was affected by the eCSFB issue, so I didn't spend too much time testing it.  But now I'll have to try it again :)

Arizona is an incumbent state, same lagacy and NV vendor. The eCSFB issue does not affect the entire state.

Sensorly does not show current coverage, it shows what was available on the device that mapped it at the time it was mapped. Since Phoenix is not an officially launched market, there is no guaranteed coverage. The towers may have been active and then turned off for some reason, we don't know. It is common for LTE towers to appear and disappear randomly in unlaunched markets.

I'm getting crazy fast LTE speeds as I'm driving from Houston to San Antonio. 30mbps+. I have enabled all the LTE bands. How do I determine which band I am using currently ? Trying to find it and all the menus of the ##data#. Refresh my memory please, thanks!

I'm getting crazy fast LTE speeds as I'm driving from Houston to San Antonio. 30mbps+. I have enabled all the LTE bands. How do I determine which band I am using currently ? Trying to find it and all the menus of the ##data#. Refresh my memory please, thanks!

##33284# (DEBUG)

• Like 1

I read somewhere that legacy sites give these new single radio triband devices weird issues holding a signal. Maybe that legacy site is causing the problem.

I think it is an issue with the legacy site.  This legacy site in particular is different than any site I have seen in the OK market.  Instead of the typical 2 legacy antennas in my market this one has 3, much differently shaped longer,skinnier antenna panels.  I am not sure for the reasoning behind this, however the 2 sites nearest to me "surround" the OU Memorial stadium.  As my proximity draws nearer to the legacy the "connection can not be established" issue re-occurred.  Standing nearly 200 meters from the legacy site LTE connectivity appears blocked, though I am 500 meters from a live NV site.  The placement of these sites is extremely close [0.4 Miles]

-Will

##33284# (DEBUG)

Interesting. Just band 25. That's the existing lte Sprint band right? I suppose it's just due to less traffic out here, away from the big cities.

Just curious, anyone else have a Otterbix Defender? If so do you get dust under the top half/quarter of the screen protector? Thats one of two things i dislike about the case. Also has anyone tried.the Trident Ageis or the Ballistic sg maxx? Other than that its better than my note 2, only think i have to get use to is typing but i think its more the space between Defender screen protector and the actual screen.