LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

So, I think I'm going to stick with the LG G2. I like the bigger screen, camera, and battery. The LTE performance is amazing on the Nexus 5 but the 1x and 3G performance on the G2 is better and unfortunately, where I work is a 3G only area so the Nexus 5 tends to switch between roaming a lot while the G2 can hold onto a better signal.

Like both phones but I also feel like I have to keep the N5 plugged in more often than the G2. If anyone needs me to test something on the n5 before I resell, let me know.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I have been paying attention the LG G2 IRC via XDA and one of the recognized contributors there gets new files here and there for all LG G2 variants and had been saying that he put out a new Verizon beta modem (radio) file that he received to test out yesterday and users that have flashed and tested it on their Verizon G2 have had at least 10 dBm improvement on LTE. 

All that needs to happen is that LG has to fix the LG G2 modem on the Sprint variant and it should have similar performance to the Nexus 5.  This recognized contributor is a Sprint customer and I asked him to let me know if he receives any new Sprint LG G2 modems for testing through his connections.

• Like 9

So, I think I'm going to stick with the LG G2. I like the bigger screen, camera, and battery. The LTE performance is amazing on the Nexus 5 but the 1x and 3G performance on the G2 is better and unfortunately, where I work is a 3G only area so the Nexus 5 tends to switch between roaming a lot while the G2 can hold onto a better signal.

Like both phones but I also feel like I have to keep the N5 plugged in more often than the G2. If anyone needs me to test something on the n5 before I resell, let me know.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Have you successfully connected to B41 on the N5? 

Ditto.  Can you test to see if you can connect to B41 on the N5 on the same towers as you did on the G2 and post screenshots if you are able to?

I have been paying attention the LG G2 IRC via XDA and one of the recognized contributors there gets new files here and there and had been saying that he put out a new Verizon beta modem (radio) file to test out yesterday and users that have flashed and tested it on their Verizon G2 have had at least 10 dBm improvement on LTE. 

All that needs to happen is that LG has to fix the LG G2 modem on the Sprint variant and it should have similar performance to the Nexus 5.  This recognized contributor is a Sprint customer and I asked him to let me know if he receives any new Sprint LG G2 modems for testing through his connections.

This is great news. Hope it comes to fruition!

• Like 1

This is great news. Hope it comes to fruition!

Me too....I have noticed a significant difference between 1x/3G and LTE...

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Have you successfully connected to B41 on the N5? 

I got my device after coming back from my classes on Tuesday, and I only go Mondays/Tuesdays.  EDIT: (The B41 site that I connected to on the G2 is in my school's parking lot.) The drive is kind of far so it's unlikely I'll be able to test it until next Monday/Tuesday.  You'll definitely hear from me by then regarding B41 screenshots on N5.

I have been paying attention the LG G2 IRC via XDA and one of the recognized contributors there gets new files here and there for all LG G2 variants and had been saying that he put out a new Verizon beta modem (radio) file that he received to test out yesterday and users that have flashed and tested it on their Verizon G2 have had at least 10 dBm improvement on LTE. 

I am 99% sure I know who you're talking about.  He's somebody that likes to port stuff over to certain devices.  Hopefully he can hook us up with a radio on par or better than the N5. 

• Like 2

I am 99% sure I know who you're talking about.  He's somebody that likes to port stuff over to certain devices.  Hopefully he can hook us up with a radio on par or better than the N5. 

If you hang out in the G2 IRC, I think you will know who he is.  He seems to get all the files for the different LG G2 variants so early.  He had the Sprint LG G2 stock firmware and radio file available since late September.

• Like 1

If you hang out in the G2 IRC, I think you will know who he is.  He seems to get all the files for the different LG G2 variants so early.  He had the Sprint LG G2 stock firmware and radio file available since late September.

What is it, #G2?

I have gotten very frustrated the last couple days.

I am down to 6 hours of battery life on average and it 100% related to Google Play Services.

I have tried restarting, I have tried killing Play Services manually (it just restarts)....what the f is going on?

Any ideas what is causing play services to rape my battery?

I have gotten very frustrated the last couple days.

I am down to 6 hours of battery life on average and it 100% related to Google Play Services.

I have tried restarting, I have tried killing Play Services manually (it just restarts)....what the f is going on?

Any ideas what is causing play services to rape my battery?

Looks like it's happening to everyone, a 2 second Google search immediately came up with these at the top:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/11/19/its-not-just-you-google-play-services-seems-to-be-a-battery-hog-today/

http://androidcommunity.com/play-services-is-suddenly-a-severe-battery-drain-but-nobody-knows-why-20131120/

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2013/11/google-play-services-draining-battery-lately-youre-alone.html

Updates to Google Play Services are silently pushed out by Google, so a recent update must have done it. I'm sure a future update will correct it, since it appears to be widespread.. a temporary fix appears to be to clear data on that app.

-Mike

Looks like it's happening to everyone, a 2 second Google search immediately came up with these at the top:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/11/19/its-not-just-you-google-play-services-seems-to-be-a-battery-hog-today/

http://androidcommunity.com/play-services-is-suddenly-a-severe-battery-drain-but-nobody-knows-why-20131120/

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2013/11/google-play-services-draining-battery-lately-youre-alone.html

Updates to Google Play Services are silently pushed out by Google, so a recent update must have done it. I'm sure a future update will correct it, since it appears to be widespread.. a temporary fix appears to be to clear data on that app.

-Mike

Im not having issues and neither are two of my coworkers. We are all getting 18-30 hours of battery life depending on usage and screen time with our G2s.

• Like 1

Im not having issues and neither are two of my coworkers. We are all getting 18-30 hours of battery life depending on usage and screen time with our G2s.

Same here too.  My google play services only eat up 2% of my battery.

How do you do a screen shot.. I've gotten 32 and 34 maps down a couple of times.. Lte is strong in livonia, la surprisingly to me... I haven't done anything to mine as far as enabling the other bands, so it's just straight 25..

Can you please give details and/or tips on how you and your coworkers are getting 18-30 hours of battery life? 30 hours, WOW. I heard this phone had fantastic battery life. I am only on my second day with my new second G2 and the first day ended with 13 hours off charger and the phone was very ready to be charged. I was not actually using it long either. I believe screen time was a little more than 4 hours.

Please help, I want that 30 hour battery life, I'll even take the 18 hour battery life.

I am mostly in my office all day, so not on the phone, texting, or using it at all. When I get home around 6:00, I am around 78-79% remaining. This includes a 40 minute phone call on the drive home. Once I get home and ai start playing with the phone, the phone is begging for a chanrger around 9:30 or so.

Edited by mjnoles1

How do you do a screen shot.. I've gotten 32 and 34 maps down a couple of times.. Lte is strong in livonia, la surprisingly to me... I haven't done anything to mine as far as enabling the other bands, so it's just straight 25..

Hold the power and volume down button at the same time.

Same here too.  My google play services only eat up 2% of my battery.

I get 2 days battery use.  I actually have to let the screen on at the end of the second day just to force-discharge the battery in order to charge it up again and get it ready for the next day.  Battery life is amazing as is the recharge rate. 

I get 2 days battery use. I actually have to let the screen on at the end of the second day just to force-discharge the battery in order to charge it up again and get it ready for the next day. Battery life is amazing as is the recharge rate.

I get a solid day of battery and i bet if i didnt play with this beast so much (im still in the new toy faze haha) i could get 2 days of battery life. Yesterday i was off work so my battery was awesome i still had 50% plus at end of day before i played with it to kill ot down. When i work i get about 30% left with 2hr30min screen on time but being in a metal building for 6 or so hours kills my battery no matter what.

I get 2 days battery use.  I actually have to let the screen on at the end of the second day just to force-discharge the battery in order to charge it up again and get it ready for the next day.  Battery life is amazing as is the recharge rate. 

Don't just show off lol, give us tips on how your achieving this? Also, how are you using your phone? Screen time? TIPS how everyone can get amazing battery life like this? Did it happen the first time you used the phone as I read others say you have to wear in the battery first.

I get a solid day of battery and i bet if i didnt play with this beast so much (im still in the new toy faze haha) i could get 2 days of battery life. Yesterday i was off work so my battery was awesome i still had 50% plus at end of day before i played with it to kill ot down. When i work i get about 30% left with 2hr30min screen on time but being in a metal building for 6 or so hours kills my battery no matter what.

Same with me. I'm on Xbox all day so I get a day's worth off battery

Don't just show off lol, give us tips on how your achieving this? Also, how are you using your phone? Screen time? TIPS how everyone can get amazing battery life like this? Did it happen the first time you used the phone as I read others say you have to wear in the battery first.

I'm really not doing anything special.  The screen-on time is literally over 2 to 3 hours each day, plus I'm doing all kinds of speed tests, since I'm like a little kid in a candy store with the Tri Band LTE working now.  This battery just doesn't want to discharge rapidly!  It even lasts through movies on Netflix.  The only downside to the G2 so far is my crackling phone calls. 

I'm really not doing anything special.  The screen-on time is literally over 2 to 3 hours each day, plus I'm doing all kinds of speed tests, since I'm like a little kid in a candy store with the Tri Band LTE working now.  This battery just doesn't want to discharge rapidly!  It even lasts through movies on Netflix.  The only downside to the G2 so far is my crackling phone calls. 

I HATE HATE the crackling phone calls, I am hopeful LG will do something about it with a software update. the Note3 had the same exact issues from what I read, but Samsumg released a software update to correct it and it seems like it corrected it for everyone involved.

Maybe I am not doing as bad as I originally thought with battery? My screen time yesterday was either 3 hours or 4 hours before I needed to charge badly and it was between 9:30-10:00pm and 13 hours of off charger time.

I HATE HATE the crackling phone calls, I am hopeful LG will do something about it with a software update. the Note3 had the same exact issues from what I read, but Samsumg released a software update to correct it and it seems like it corrected it for everyone involved.

Maybe I am not doing as bad as I originally thought with battery? My screen time yesterday was either 3 hours or 4 hours before I needed to charge badly and it was between 9:30-10:00pm and 13 hours of off charger time.

I really hope LG does something about that crackling nonsense as well.  It's really irritation.  I don't get it on every call though.  It's strange...