LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Anyone coming from a note 2 to this g2? To me my ear peice seems low volume, even turned up. Other than that i love this phone, exept my otterbox's screen protector.

In terms of speaker volume or headset volume, there are mods for that when you root your phone.

In terms of speaker volume or headset volume, there are mods for that when you root your phone.

I know the note2 had a button that could make the volume higher but i have yet to find it on my g2. But there is a option in the settings called Voice Enhancement, it says it changes the in call volume in nosiey enviorments, i wonder if it makes it quieter than normal. Who knows lol.

Boy, I wish I knew how to root a device.  It would make the G2 so much better with enhancements like that.  The earpiece speaker sounds a little fragile to me though.  I don't know if it could take much more volume without distorting. 

Boy, I wish I knew how to root a device.  It would make the G2 so much better with enhancements like that.  The earpiece speaker sounds a little fragile to me though.  I don't know if it could take much more volume without distorting. 

Its so simple to root like literally a minute and the customization of the G2 is just crazy.  Its just a matter of whether you want to or not.  I can tell you all the links and files you need to download and there are youtube tutorials on how to do it.  Once you watch the youtube video, you'll laugh at how ridiculously easy it is.   Just PM me if you are interested. 

I know the note2 had a button that could make the volume higher but i have yet to find it on my g2. But there is a option in the settings called Voice Enhancement, it says it changes the in call volume in nosiey enviorments, i wonder if it makes it quieter than normal. Who knows lol.

Only one way to find out is to try it.. I don't have a problem with mine.. It actually sounds louder and more crisp than my evo design did..

Since you mentioned the voice enhancement button - I tried it. 

I found out that during a crackling call, if I enabled "voice enhancement", the crackling stopped.  It appeared to me that the volume was lower as well.  When I disabled "voice enhancement", the crackling started again.  It doesn't seem logical that the volume would be lower with "voice enhancement" enabled, but I do think it was.  I'd have to check some white noise with a decibel level meter. 

At this point it appeared in my test that enabling "voice enhancement", stopped the annoying crackling phenomenon.  Hmmmmm?

I like what I read about where you root your device then you can customize the LG keyboard to have swype typing on it.. I wish that was just something you could do without rooting..

Just install Swype or whatever keyboard you want from the play store.

Its so simple to root like literally a minute and the customization of the G2 is just crazy.  Its just a matter of whether you want to or not.  I can tell you all the links and files you need to download and there are youtube tutorials on how to do it.  Once you watch the youtube video, you'll laugh at how ridiculously easy it is.   Just PM me if you are interested. 

Thank you for your kindness, generosity and willingness to share information.  I may take you up on that offer, once I build up the courage.  Can you return to stock, such as in a warranty claim situation?

• Like 1

I found out that during a crackling call, if I enabled "voice enhancement", the crackling stopped. It appeared to me that the volume was lower as well. When I disabled "voice enhancement", the crackling started again. It doesn't seem logical that the volume would be lower with "voice enhancement" enabled, but I do think it was. I'd have to check some white noise with a decibel level meter.

At this point it appeared in my test that enabling "voice enhancement", stopped the annoying crackling phenomenon. Hmmmmm?

Hmmmm i fixed stuff lol. I was in my car idleing(cold at 2k rpm still trying to fix) and radio on 2 or 3 volume and to me it was quiet. I have nit tried it with out in enabled. It may be a bug/glitch. I know my note2 had a button during a call so if it was noisy you can make the ear peice louder when needed although i used it most of the time it was nice to have.

Anyone else who has the crackling ear peice see if turning on the voice enhancement fixes it and any notice in the volume of the call?

Thank you for your kindness, generosity and willingness to share information.  I may take you up on that offer, once I build up the courage.  Can you return to stock, such as in a warranty claim situation?

I am very calculated when it comes to rooting.  Lets just say, I don't root my phones unless I had a method to return back to stock.  I have those stock files as well. 

I like what I read about where you root your device then you can customize the LG keyboard to have swype typing on it.. I wish that was just something you could do without rooting..

Just install Swype or whatever keyboard you want from the play store.

It already has swype on the device.. And i have SwiftKey already.. I just like the layout of the LG keyboard.. You just program it to have the trade capabilities..

For the brief time I had the Samsung GN3, you could have swype enabled at the same time as regular typing.  You could use either at will, at any time; no switching between modes necessary.  There are some things I miss about that phone!

I am very calculated when it comes to rooting.  Lets just say, I don't root my phones unless I had a method to return back to stock.  I have those stock files as well. 

WOW, you definitely know your stuff! 

I found out that during a crackling call, if I enabled "voice enhancement", the crackling stopped.  It appeared to me that the volume was lower as well.  When I disabled "voice enhancement", the crackling started again.  It doesn't seem logical that the volume would be lower with "voice enhancement" enabled, but I do think it was.  I'd have to check some white noise with a decibel level meter. 

At this point it appeared in my test that enabling "voice enhancement", stopped the annoying crackling phenomenon.  Hmmmmm?

Maybe if you have "voice enhancement" off, instead of using the aux microphone pickup for noise cancelation like it would with voice enhancement on, it actually picks up sounds on it instead of shutting it off. Depending on how you are holding the handset, it might produce a "crackling" sound.

Maybe if you have "voice enhancement" off, instead of using the aux microphone pickup for noise cancelation like it would with voice enhancement on, it actually picks up sounds on it instead of shutting it off. Depending on how you are holding the handset, it might produce a "crackling" sound.

The crackling sound is an issue that quite a few users are complaining about.  I don't encounter the crackling on every single call, only some.  I think I hold the phone the same way each time, but who knows?  The crackling, sounds more like a speaker that is over-driven.  I tested your theory by muting the microphone during a call.  With the "voice enhancement" engaged the distortion or crackling through the earpiece is drastically reduced.  There must be a bug in the firmware. 

• Like 1

WOW, you definitely know your stuff! 

Thanks but I am not the creator of the files.  I just do a lot of research over at XDA forums to figure out how to root and the devs are so smart in making it easier and easier.  Rooting your phone is like freeing the phone from its shackles and I can't imagine not being able to root.  Its kinda one of the main reasons I like Android over iOS at the ease of rooting to customize your phone.

Anyone had issues with headphones? Every now and again it will have a high pitched chirp like its either not plugged in good or not a good comnection. Ive turned it and unplugged and re pligged it in and still dose it, and i know its not the headphones they work fine with ipod and laptop(bose ie2).

Edit: its not making the noise in Spotify so far but it did in Pandora.

Edited by ghostkilla1388

Anyone had issues with headphones? Every now and again it will have a high pitched chirp like its either not plugged in good or not a good comnection. Ive turned it and unplugged and re pligged it in and still dose it, and i know its not the headphones they work fine with ipod and laptop(bose ie2).

I think I have that. Like sometimes it sounds like a screech type of sound. If I have my aux port plugged in to my phone without music playing yet it makes all type of noises through my speakers

I think I have that. Like sometimes it sounds like a screech type of sound. If I have my aux port plugged in to my phone without music playing yet it makes all type of noises through my speakers

Ill have to see if that happens when i plug my phone into my car. But it dose sound like higj pitched screeches( i couldnt think of a word to describe it)

Ill have to see if that happens when i plug my phone into my car. But it dose sound like higj pitched screeches( i couldnt think of a word to describe it)

I'll check Spotify. Does anybody have issues with Spotify closing randomly. I had this issue also with my S3 so I'm not putting it on the G2. Just thought I would ask.

I'll check Spotify. Does anybody have issues with Spotify closing randomly. I had this issue also with my S3 so I'm not putting it on the G2. Just thought I would ask.

I started using Spotify(GoldGloves music is pretty cool) on my note2 with out any issues and so far it sounds great on my G2. Although it seems to use less battery than Pandora imo but still beats my note2.