LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

The ones with the amazing battery life. What do you have your brightness set to?

I use a brightness APP called YAAB.  I like my screen really bright so I set YAAB manual brightness to 100%, then adjusted the minimum and maximum accordingly.  I'd say my minimum setting is at least 80% and the max is 100%.  I spend a lot of time in the sunlight with my G2.  The YAAB app is amazing.  The native brightness adjustment on the G2 sucks!

How do you do a screen shot.. I've gotten 32 and 34 maps down a couple of times.. Lte is strong in livonia, la surprisingly to me... I haven't done anything to mine as far as enabling the other bands, so it's just straight 25..

Same button combination for recovery power and vol down

Looks like it's happening to everyone, a 2 second Google search immediately came up with these at the top:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/11/19/its-not-just-you-google-play-services-seems-to-be-a-battery-hog-today/

http://androidcommunity.com/play-services-is-suddenly-a-severe-battery-drain-but-nobody-knows-why-20131120/

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2013/11/google-play-services-draining-battery-lately-youre-alone.html

Updates to Google Play Services are silently pushed out by Google, so a recent update must have done it. I'm sure a future update will correct it, since it appears to be widespread.. a temporary fix appears to be to clear data on that app.

-Mike

I had that same issue yesterday. My wife left her phone home and when she picked it up, it went from 78% to 5%. Battery screen said Google play services took up 80% battery life. Mine has been similar, but not as bad.

I had that same issue yesterday. My wife left her phone home and when she picked it up, it went from 78% to 5%. Battery screen said Google play services took up 80% battery life. Mine has been similar, but not as bad.

Ouch that's quite a nasty bug.  Worth probably be worthwhile to manually kill Google Play Services in the app manager for the time being. 

I just changed the brightness from 71% brightness on auto back to the stock 60% brightness on auto. Let's see how that does with the battery life.

Also, I have not installed any outside apps yet, so that should not play in draining my battery at all.

Edited by mjnoles1

I just changed the brightness from 71% brightness on auto back to the stock 60% brightness on auto. Let's see how that does with the battery life.

Also, I have not installed any outside apps yet.

I have mine set at 50%. I work inside so I'm good.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

We still sits and we still waits for the Android 4.4 Kit Kat Update...No word still as of yet....

http://www.phonearena.com/news/When-will-my-phone-get-the-Android-4.4-KitKat-update-here-is-what-we-know_id48960

My contact at LG has said the software update for Spark will come in January. I think it's a somewhat safe assumption to guess that it will be 4.4 as well. (Or at least no sooner than January.)

• Like 2

Just another leisurely morning drive..IMG_20131121_110329.jpgScreenshot_2013-11-21-08-58-45.pngScreenshot_2013-11-21-08-23-49.png

I tried to connect to band 41,but after a few seconds it drops right back to band 25. I set 41 to 1 and 25 to 0,but no dice.

• Like 4

Just another leisurely morning drive..attachicon.gifIMG_20131121_110329.jpgattachicon.gifScreenshot_2013-11-21-08-58-45.pngattachicon.gifScreenshot_2013-11-21-08-23-49.png

I tried to connect to band 41,but after a few seconds it drops right back to band 25. I set 41 to 1 and 25 to 0,but no dice.

Is that band 25?

Is that band 25?

Yeah. I tried hunting down band 41 this morning. I found a signal, but I cannot get from engineering screen to take a screen shot or run a speed test before it drops to band 25. I guess until the update, band 25 is just too strong and overruns band 41.

Yeah. I tried hunting down band 41 this morning. I found a signal, but I cannot get from engineering screen to take a screen shot or run a speed test before it drops to band 25. I guess until the update, band 25 is just too strong and overruns band 41.

Wow, your speed is outstanding!  I'm lucky when I get low 20's.  They are still working on the tower nearest to me.  Work is supposed to be completed by Dec 2.  Hopefully that means an increase in speed or the addition of 800 MHz.

Downtown Cleveland 44113 outside of the County justice center I swapped my g2 from global to lte/cdma and connected to band 41 lte. Weird though there was no Internet even tough connection was good enough for Internet access. Internet on 3g keeps swapping between eharpd and evdo and is nearly unusable in speed. Signal on band 41 very week if you move even a few steps. Hope they turn the power up once it is actually active. This has been a long time wiimax area which always worked outside the justice center very well with hit or miss building reception depending were you were by floor and location.

Any one find a prl that allows them to connect more readily to 800smr?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

My wife's G2 connected to LTE for the first time last night.  So I checked my phone, and no LTE.  Then I noticed that mine was stuck on EVDO, while hers was on eHRPD.  They were both connected to the same tower.  I checked the ##DATA# menu, and eHRPD is enabled on my G2.  I've tried changing the network mode setting from Global to LTE/CDMA, tried updating my profile and PRL.  Nothing has worked.  I called Sprint support, and they had me reset my device.  It's still stuck on EVDO, while my wife's G2 won't switch off of eHRPD unless I change her network mode to CDMA only.

Has anyone else had issues connecting to eHRPD?

It's still stuck on EVDO, while my wife's G2 won't switch off of eHRPD unless I change her network mode to CDMA only.

You should ask your wife where she caught the eHERPIES.  But, wow, that has to be an unpleasant conversation...

:P

AJ

• Like 3

I get 2 days battery use.  I actually have to let the screen on at the end of the second day just to force-discharge the battery in order to charge it up again and get it ready for the next day.  Battery life is amazing as is the recharge rate. 

Why would you need force force discharge an SiO+ battery? For that matter why would not need to do so with a Li-Ion battery. Everything I've ever read from reputable sources states specifically NOT to do that because it is pointless and wastes (portions of) charge cycles.

• Like 1

Why would you need force force discharge an SiO+ battery? For that matter why would not need to do so with a Li-Ion battery. Everything I've ever read from reputable sources states specifically NOT to do that because it is pointless and wastes (portions of) charge cycles.

You are absolutely correct.  Every time you charge a battery a chemical reaction takes place and there is only so much reagent!  When it is used up - you're done.  Force of habit I guess?  i never even bothered to research and see what type of battery was in the G2.