LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Hissing, crackling during phone calls, anyone else with a Sprint G2 having this issue? I just activated my phone last night and I noticed it with my very first phone call.

It seems to be a big issue with Verizon customers and their G2 and no matter how much they exchange it, it does not fix the issue.

Anyone else on Sprint having this issue like me?

I don't get the hissing sound.  Is this consistent on every single phone call? 

Quick question from a technically inclined person... Some videos I try to watch say I need flash to download but it's not supported on Android devices anymore.. What do you do?? Using Chrome but have Mozilla Beta also..

Download latest flash player link here. You can use flash in any browser that supports it (chrome is the main one that doesn't). Stock lg g2 browser works great with flash too. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1774336

Hissing, crackling during phone calls, anyone else with a Sprint G2 having this issue? I just activated my phone last night and I noticed it with my very first phone call.

It seems to be a big issue with Verizon customers and their G2 and no matter how much they exchange it, it does not fix the issue.

i'm getting the same issue also i have to place a call two to three times before it actually goes thru

Everything is perfect with my phone besides the horrible earpiece. I was going to go after work and exchange it as I am within the 15 days at Best Buy.

I am just a little afraid as others are having different issues with this phone and it does not seem an exchange really solves this issue. I would hate to exchange it, have the same earpiece issue, but also have new issues that my current phone does not do.

What do you guys think I should do?

Everything is perfect with my phone besides the horrible earpiece. I was going to go after work and exchange it as I am within the 15 days at Best Buy.

I am just a little afraid as others are having different issues with this phone and it does not seem an exchange really solves this issue. I would hate to exchange it, have the same earpiece issue, but also have new issues that my current phone does not do.

What do you guys think I should do?

Is this on every call or just your first call?  It is kinda silly to exchange it if you only experience it once.

Is this on every call or just your first call?  It is kinda silly to exchange it if you only experience it once.

No, no. It is mostly every call. If it was once, I would keep testing it. I used it during my lunch break and it was hard to hear the person on the other end as it sounded garbled.

No, no. It is mostly every call. If it was once, I would keep testing it. I used it during my lunch break and it was hard to hear the person on the other end as it sounded garbled.

Well test it more and if you have issues, then exchange it for another one.

Yes, the article is interesting because it is slanted against Sprint.  It is not objective journalism.  Not to mention, it reproduces S4GRU member created content without citing the source.  That last problem, at least, has been corrected in this article rife with problems.

AJ

I just received my Quickwindow case from my LG G2 preorder from Sprint.  Anyone else receive theirs?

Got my QuickWindo case today as well.  Yesterday I got LTE in Harrisburg PA.  Woo Hoo!

• Like 1

Got my QuickWindo case today as well.  Yesterday I got LTE in Harrisburg PA.  Woo Hoo!

Awesome glad to hear the eCSFB issues are being resolved so that more folks get LTE.  I hope by the end of the year, a lot of these issues in other markets are resolved.

Yesterday morning mine said 288 hours and 58 minutes of expected usage. But so far im on my 3rd day with the phone. So far it seems to have better battery than my note 2.One thing i have noticed is the auto brightness seems to not work properly no matter what you set it too. I like mine to crank it to 100% when outside but when im inside it seems to not want to got to a lower setting. I have read that putting thr slide down from 100% to 99% and its sapose to work a little better but i csnt really tell. Anyone else have this issue?

Yeah, the auto brightness leaves a lot to be desired on the G2.  Hopefully they'll reprogram it at the next update.  At first, I thought the slider set the minimum brightness level, but that didn't pan out.  I use YAAB (Yet Another Auto Brightness).  It works really well.  Tested it while I was out walking in the noon-day sun today.  I could see the screen perfectly.  Just remember to set the YAAB manual brightness control to the max, then set the app to auto and it will dim down when you go into a building.  The app also lets you set night modes and minimum and maximum thresholds. 

Here is a link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=biz.gyrus.yaab&hl=en

Okay, for anyone with issues holding on to LTE... I was playing with it today. I had turned on band 26 and band 41 last night and noticed I would drop LTE around -116 to -120 dBm. I turned those bands back off and I held the LTE signal at the same tower up to -126 dBm. I think when you enable the other bands, it sets a different threshold thinking you'd be able to fall back to band 26 instead of dropping to eHRPD.

• Like 2

Okay, for anyone with issues holding on to LTE... I was playing with it today. I had turned on band 26 and band 41 last night and noticed I would drop LTE around -116 to -120 dBm. I turned those bands back off and I held the LTE signal at the same tower up to -126 dBm. I think when you enable the other bands, it sets a different threshold thinking you'd be able to fall back to band 26 instead of dropping to eHRPD.

That explanation seems plausible to me.  Its not like -126 dBm is a good signal anyways.  I think the reason to set the threshold lower is to make it appear as if you have 4G LTE for a much wider coverage than expected if restricted to one LTE band.  In reality you LTE signal has probably dropped off from a usable point by -120 dBm. 

Btw, did you find any B26 LTE?  Right now I just left B25 LTE enabled since I am done with my B41 LTE testing and haven't seen any confirmation of where B26 LTE is appearing.  We definitely need the Sprint Spark OTA for more stability when testing the B26 and B41 LTE bands.

Yes, the article is interesting because it is slanted against Sprint. It is not objective journalism. Not to mention, it reproduces S4GRU member created content without citing the source. That last problem, at least, has been corrected in this article rife with problems.

AJ

I was not aware the spreadsheet was improperly copied and used without permission. :(

I agree on the shoddy journalism.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band LG G2.

The Dave, on 18 Nov 2013 - 6:28 PM, said:snapback.png

That explanation seems plausible to me.  Its not like -126 dBm is a good signal anyways.  I think the reason to set the threshold lower is to make it appear as if you have 4G LTE for a much wider coverage than expected if restricted to one LTE band.  In reality you LTE signal has probably dropped off from a usable point by -120 dBm. 

Btw, did you find any B26 LTE?  Right now I just left B25 LTE enabled since I am done with my B41 LTE testing and haven't seen any confirmation of where B26 LTE is appearing.  We definitely need the Sprint Spark OTA for more stability when testing the B26 and B41 LTE bands.

I have bands 26 and 41 off.  The only band I have enabled is 25, yet my LTE drops off right around -118 dBm.  There was another person on here that said his dropped off at -118 dBm as well.  In my area, only band 25 is active.  Shentel is adding 800 MHz, but not on towers near me yet. 

The Dave, on 18 Nov 2013 - 6:28 PM, said:snapback.png

I have bands 26 and 41 off.  The only band I have enabled is 25, yet my LTE drops off right around -118 dBm.  There was another person on here that said his dropped off at -118 dBm as well.  In my area, only band 25 is active.  Shentel is adding 800 MHz, but not on towers near me yet. 

I wouldn't stress too much on the actual signal level LTE drops off at that you read on SignalCheck.  Signal varies so much in real time that for a split second it could have read -120+ dBm and that was what was enough to drop the LTE connection.  Who knows what the hard number Sprint has configured on the NV towers to drop the LTE connection and force it back to 3G.

I wouldn't stress too much on the actual signal level LTE drops off at that you read on SignalCheck.  Signal varies so much in real time that for a split second it could have read -120+ dBm and that was what was enough to drop the LTE connection.  Who knows what the hard number Sprint has configured on the NV towers to drop the LTE connection and force it back to 3G.

Thanks for the words of wisdom and encouragement.  I'm really happy just to have working LTE again.  I'm impressed by what Sprint does with the 1900 MHz signal.  I'm hoping for a much stronger connection to the tower once they roll out 800 MHz near me.  It's supposed to be coming soon... 

Please excuse my ignorance here, and lack of knowledge, but how do I know what LTE band my phone is connecting to when they become live in my area without going into the "dialer' menus with my MSL?

Thanks for the words of wisdom and encouragement.  I'm really happy just to have working LTE again.  I'm impressed by what Sprint does with the 1900 MHz signal.  I'm hoping for a much stronger connection to the tower once they roll out 800 MHz near me.  It's supposed to be coming soon... 

Please excuse my ignorance here, and lack of knowledge, but how do I know what LTE band my phone is connecting to when they become live in my area without going into the "dialer' menus with my MSL?

To view the Engineering menus, you don't need your MSL.  You just need to dial ##DEBUG# (##33284#) and go to LTE Engineering menu and it will tell you the LTE band you are connected to.  In terms of not even typing DEBUG dialer code, it seems like only HTC phones have a built in function that Mike was able to extract for his SignalCheck app that can read the DL and UL frequencies you are connected to for LTE that can hint you at the LTE Band.  Unfortunately, my efforts to make shortcuts to the ##DEBUG# and ##DATA# menus have failed since it tells me that I do not have the appropriate user rights to make the shortcut.  Lame because I can access them via the dialer code.  It would be much simpler if I could have shortcuts on my home screen instead of having to type it out each time.

You only need your MSL if you want to enable/disable LTE bands in the dialer code ##DATA# (##3282#).

Grabbed this from the LG G Flex video but it looks like it is going to have the same multiwindow feature as Samsung which LG calls Dual Window.  I really liked the Samsung multiwindow implementation. 

I hope to see this feature brought to the LG G2 in the Android 4.4 KitKat update.  Watch from the 0:50 - 1:20 mark.  Lets just say the Qslide applications is a poor alternative to the multiwindow feature.

• Like 2

To view the Engineering menus, you don't need your MSL.  You just need to dial ##DEBUG# (##33284#) and go to LTE Engineering menu and it will tell you the LTE band you are connected to.  In terms of not even typing DEBUG dialer code, it seems like only HTC phones have a built in function that Mike was able to extract for his SignalCheck app that can read the DL and UL frequencies you are connected to for LTE that can hint you at the LTE Band.  Unfortunately, my efforts to make shortcuts to the ##DEBUG# and ##DATA# menus have failed since it tells me that I do not have the appropriate user rights to make the shortcut.  Lame because I can access them via the dialer code.  It would be much simpler if I could have shortcuts on my home screen instead of having to type it out each time.

You only need your MSL if you want to enable/disable LTE bands in the dialer code ##DATA# (##3282#).

My gratitude for sharing this information. Very much appreciated. 

I have not had the opportunity to try pulling any "extra" data out of an LG device yet.. I have a Nexus 5 on order, hopefully there will be enough behind-the-scenes similarities so that anything I figure out will work on the G2 (and maybe older phones as well). We will see..

-Mike

• Like 4

I have not had the opportunity to try pulling any "extra" data out of an LG device yet.. I have a Nexus 5 on order, hopefully there will be enough behind-the-scenes similarities so that anything I figure out will work on the G2 (and maybe older phones as well). We will see..

-Mike

Thanks for all the time and work you put into SignalCheck.  It's absolutely invaluable!  I just loved hearing that chime sound yesterday when LTE started to light up here in Harrisburg for us Tri-Banders...

!

• Like 2

I'm having the same issue.  Not on every call, but mostly calls when I have a weak signal.  In certain areas where I never had trouble with signal strength before, my signal is going in and out.  My wife's phone has the same behavior.  I might have to return the G2 and get something different.