LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Situation just got crazy. Phone was ringing while in my hand (power button was not touched) and my phone rebooted by itself. Really starting to boot like this phone

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I bought a new Prius a little over a week ago and just today realized I could do bluetooth audio streaming in my car. I connected just fine and streamed Spotify flawlessly today. Drove 67 miles but haven't heard any static like I've heard others complain about. Is it only occasionally or all the time? Any specific apps that others who hear static use that are more prone to it?

Situation just got crazy. Phone was ringing while in my hand (power button was not touched) and my phone rebooted by itself. Really starting to boot like this phone

Theres something that's either gone haywire with something in software or a rouge app, have you tried a factory reset. That may help, hope someone will chime in with more knowledge to help.

Sent from my LG G2 on the Now Network

My phone randomly will give me no bars with the red X and takes up to a minute sometimes to fall to 3G. Yes I like connecting to B41 but this is for the birds losing my signal altogether.

This is happening to me too. I thought it was ZVA but I switched back to ZV8 and still lose service with red X. I'm in Queens, NYC. I can't say for sure but I believe it coincided with their PRL update. About couple of weeks ago, for a day, I kept getting the LTE:67 error and since then the signal quality has been bad. I've tried different PRLs but the problem is there.

Also, sometimes the phone shows 4 bars but when I call someone, it changes to one bar or less and takes a while to place the call. I've tried PRL and Profile updates with no luck.

I bought a new Prius a little over a week ago and just today realized I could do bluetooth audio streaming in my car. I connected just fine and streamed Spotify flawlessly today. Drove 67 miles but haven't heard any static like I've heard others complain about. Is it only occasionally or all the time? Any specific apps that others who hear static use that are more prone to it?

The crackling that I've experienced with my g2 is when I'm on a call, and the screen shuts off, it crackles and kind of fades out. It's only while the screen is dimming away. Turning the screen on produces the same crackle. It's sort of annoying.

I just did a PRL update, and now it says 51100... New PRL maybe? Or is something wrong?

FYI

Here's some information put out last week in regards to the PRL push.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4886-lg-g2-users-thread/?p=288732

FYI

Here's some information put out last week in regards to the PRL push.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4886-lg-g2-users-thread/?p=288732

Oh. Thanks. Mine was the 18, now it is 00. Weirddd. haha

I too was on 18 (now on 51100), I think this is a new one and if not, no idea why I'm on a different new one of the PRL's pushed out a week or so ago. :blink:

• Like 1

I too was on 18 (now on 51100), I think this is a new one and if not, no idea why I'm on a different new one of the PRL's pushed out a week or so ago. :blink:

Maybe everyone got switched to 51100? Maybe?

I to just notice that I'm on the 51100 when I was on the 18 earlier until I did a PRL update not knowing it was going to change. What I also notice since the update is I'm not hanging on to LTE like pre-spark update.

I just saw that I am on 51100, also. I didn't do a prl update so it must have done it on its own since yesterday. I checked last night and was on the "new" 55018 prl.

I posted a link to this earlier but I guess no one saw but this is what's up in regards to the PRL push by Sprint.

FYI......

Some information I came across in regards to the Sprint PRL push.

On Thursday, 2/27/14, Sprint will release PRLs ending in xxx00 and xxx18 to OTA servers. These PRLs will be released to drive additional cost savings for Sprint and Affiliates across several roaming markets. To realize these savings, Sprint will begin proactively pushing the National PRL to subscribers with push-capable handsets/PDAs in these markets, then to the entire base.  "

How will these PRL's reduce costs?        Less roaming

Just thought I'd pass this along. :welc2:

I saw it when you posted the first time. But we had no clue it was going to change twice without us knowing.

• Like 1

I saw it when you posted the first time. But we had no clue it was going to change twice without us knowing.

Exactly what I was thinking when I posted earlier. Nothing noticeably different, but perhaps I may see some changes later on...? 

Some devices had updated on it's own while others were updated with the user initiating a manual push. xxx18 was the initial push followed the xxx00. Once all the 18 were implemented across all servers the 00 was immediately released. I myself experienced the automated push by Sprint on the initial xxx18 but had the xxx00 updated when I did  a manual push this past Thursday. It doesn't specify timetable for each PRL but in reading it I surmised once the initial push was competed the 2nd would follow and a week later is simply put impressive. This is one time I'm glad we didn't have to wait for updates months apart, lol. I'm just glad it's done and looking forward ECSTATICALLY to Kit Kat 4.4.2  :drool: 

• Like 2

Some devices had updated on it's own while others were updated with the user initiating a manual push. xxx18 was the initial push followed the xxx00. Once all the 18 were implemented across all servers the 00 was immediately released. I myself experienced the automated push by Sprint on the initial xxx18 but had the xxx00 updated when I did a manual push this past Thursday. It doesn't specify timetable for each PRL but in reading it I surmised once the initial push was competed the 2nd would follow and a week later is simply put impressive. This is one time I'm glad we didn't have to wait for updates months apart, lol. I'm just glad it's done and looking forward ECSTATICALLY to Kit Kat 4.4.2 :drool:

So the real question is, what exactly changed from 55018 to 51100? It's just really weird we got 2 PRL updates this close together.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I posted a link to this earlier but I guess no one saw but this is what's up in regards to the PRL push by Sprint.

FYI......

Some information I came across in regards to the Sprint PRL push.

" On Thursday, 2/27/14, Sprint will release PRLs ending in xxx00 and xxx18 to OTA servers. These PRLs will be released to drive additional cost savings for Sprint and Affiliates across several roaming markets. To realize these savings, Sprint will begin proactively pushing the National PRL to subscribers with push-capable handsets/PDAs in these markets, then to the entire base. "

How will these PRL's reduce costs? Less roaming

Just thought I'd pass this along. :welc2:

The blue script font is kind of a pain to read. Are you actively choosing this font? Because it's kind of annoying.

EDIT: When I quote it, it looks normal (but still blue).

Edited by dParis

ok i need help. I know how to do the prl update but i dont know how to check what prl im on? Im having the same issues most of you are having too except my bluetooth is just fine. Im going to disable band 26 and 41 and see what happens. Im in Denver and you can only get band 41 on hotspot or if you force it, i use to get it before spark update cause i enabled band 41. Anyways i will let you know how it goes after i disable those bands

ok i need help. I know how to do the prl update but i dont know how to check what prl im on? Im having the same issues most of you are having too except my bluetooth is just fine. Im going to disable band 26 and 41 and see what happens. Im in Denver and you can only get band 41 on hotspot or if you force it, i use to get it before spark update cause i enabled band 41. Anyways i will let you know how it goes after i disable those bands

Type in your dialer ##33284# (##DEBUG#) and click configuration, the PRL will be in there.