LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

be careful of future OTA's if you wanna keep the device "open"

LG has been testing implementing anti-rollback(used on vzw/att gs4 etc) and since all the 4.4.2 bootloaders remove the ability to use loki.... you'd be stuck with root only at best. 

not saying anti-rollback WILL be implemented in the ZVC update for sure.. but don't jump without having someone else confirm it first(unless you dont want custom roms/recovery of course). 

• Like 2

I'm fine with out a custom Rom and recovery. I don't feel to comfortable messing with my primary phone. But is there a way to tell if it has anti roll back?

Sent from my LG G2 on the Now Network

Take OTA update. Download ZV7 stock firmware .tot file and LG Flash. Boot into download mode and see if it allows you to flash ZV7 firmware. If it does, anti-rollback is not enabled. 

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2432476

Please don't beat me up, but how can I tell if I'm in a HD call? I was talking to my co-worker with a S4 and it was ultra clear. We were on the same tower but wasn't sure on where to check. 

Please don't beat me up, but how can I tell if I'm in a HD call? I was talking to my co-worker with a S4 and it was ultra clear. We were on the same tower but wasn't sure on where to check.

I believe that remarking to yourself about how clear it sounds is about the only indicator I've heard about.

I believe that remarking to yourself about how clear it sounds is about the only indicator I've heard about.

You can check the debug screen while on a call.

DEBUG can be accessed by dialing ##DEBUG# (##33284#) in the dialer, then going to 1X Engineering. If you are on an HD Voice call it will say "EVRC_NW" under "S0". This shows which audio codeo the phone is using for the call.

I just made a test call on my G2 to look right now and happened to get an HD Voice call started, I've never gotten an HD Voice call that I know of before (I don't call much). :P

Both phones have to be using a 3G Network Vision-enabled tower (as this has the equipment to support the codec), and both phones have to support HD Voice (as they have to support the wider-band codec). If either of these conditions are not met, the phones will fallback to an older codec instead.

• Like 1

be careful of future OTA's if you wanna keep the device "open"

LG has been testing implementing anti-rollback(used on vzw/att gs4 etc) and since all the 4.4.2 bootloaders remove the ability to use loki.... you'd be stuck with root only at best. 

not saying anti-rollback WILL be implemented in the ZVC update for sure.. but don't jump without having someone else confirm it first(unless you dont want custom roms/recovery of course). 

Have the LG G2 ATT and Tmobile 4.4 KK update versions included the anti-rollback software?

Have the LG G2 ATT and Tmobile 4.4 KK update versions included the anti-rollback software?

not yet. if that were the case then anti-rollback would be in Sprints ZVC update without a doubt.

But Sprint has had two 4.4.2 builds built AFTER TMO/ATT have put out KK. 

Sprint was also the first carrier to block loki.

It's not likely anti-rollback will come in ZVC... but the possibility is there. 

• Like 1

Just got the G2 to replace my single band S4, is it worth rooting if KK is releasing soon?

I've read that rooting is not as straightforward on the G2 as it is on other devices.

Just got the G2 to replace my single band S4, is it worth rooting if KK is releasing soon?

I've read that rooting is not as straightforward on the G2 as it is on other devices.

Wrong!!! Whereever you read that source, I believe you should stop reading those forums for future reference.  Rooting on the LG G2 is really easy.  Just run the .bat file and follow the instructions.

You realize that Sprint carries the Tri-Band S4 model....

not yet. if that were the case then anti-rollback would be in Sprints ZVC update without a doubt.

But Sprint has had two 4.4.2 builds built AFTER TMO/ATT have put out KK. 

Sprint was also the first carrier to block loki.

It's not likely anti-rollback will come in ZVC... but the possibility is there. 

I hope the ZVC update doesn't contain the anti-rollback software.  Hopefully ZVC is the official 4.4 KK update build.

Anyone know if on screen phone will come along with the KitKat update? Sort of missing from what I can gather.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Wrong!!! Whereever you read that source, I believe you should stop reading those forums for future reference. Rooting on the LG G2 is really easy. Just run the .bat file and follow the instructions.

Yeah, this phone is so easy to root.... Too easy to a fault if you ask me but I'm kinda long in the custom dev/rom tooth. B)

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Wrong!!! Whereever you read that source, I believe you should stop reading those forums for future reference.  Rooting on the LG G2 is really easy.  Just run the .bat file and follow the instructions.

Yep, just read your post over at XDA, worked great.

You can check the debug screen while on a call.

DEBUG can be accessed by dialing ##DEBUG# (##33284#) in the dialer, then going to 1X Engineering. If you are on an HD Voice call it will say "EVRC_NW" under "S0". This shows which audio codeo the phone is using for the call.

I just made a test call on my G2 to look right now and happened to get an HD Voice call started, I've never gotten an HD Voice call that I know of before (I don't call much). :P

Both phones have to be using a 3G Network Vision-enabled tower (as this has the equipment to support the codec), and both phones have to support HD Voice (as they have to support the wider-band codec). If either of these conditions are not met, the phones will fallback to an older codec instead.

It was an HD call. Just called him and verified it. Thanks

Interesting but I don't have Skype app on my phone and I noticed sometimes I get the Google Play Services app draining the heck out of the battery.  I would probably think this is due to whenever you use something like Google Maps or some app tracking your location.  I usually turn off GPS after I don't need to use it anymore.  However it seems like for some reason it gets into this infinite loop where it keeps searching for location even though you don't want to and drains battery.

Very interesting.  There are a few of us over on the Samsung GN3 thread that have noticed the battery drain issue as well.  Mine is minimal, but noticeable 

I'm wondering if anyone else has had an issue with coping over a large file via USB? I'm trying to move over a ROM file that is 1.48GB and it keeps failing with a message that the device is disconnected. 

I'm using the kit USB cable connected to a USB 3.0 port (which funny enough, the phone doesn't see as)

Interesting but I don't have Skype app on my phone and I noticed sometimes I get the Google Play Services app draining the heck out of the battery.  I would probably think this is due to whenever you use something like Google Maps or some app tracking your location.  I usually turn off GPS after I don't need to use it anymore.  However it seems like for some reason it gets into this infinite loop where it keeps searching for location even though you don't want to and drains battery.

I concur! GMScore has been a buggy biaaaach for a bit.  Horrible... :(  

I'm wondering if anyone else has had an issue with coping over a large file via USB? I'm trying to move over a ROM file that is 1.48GB and it keeps failing with a message that the device is disconnected. 

I'm using the kit USB cable connected to a USB 3.0 port (which funny enough, the phone doesn't see as)

ive had that issue also, even using a usb 2.0 port