LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

ok i need help. I know how to do the prl update but i dont know how to check what prl im on? Im having the same issues most of you are having too except my bluetooth is just fine. Im going to disable band 26 and 41 and see what happens. Im in Denver and you can only get band 41 on hotspot or if you force it, i use to get it before spark update cause i enabled band 41. Anyways i will let you know how it goes after i disable those bands

To check what PRL your on do the following.

-menu->settings->about->status

The current PRL on the device will show

ok i need help. I know how to do the prl update but i dont know how to check what prl im on? Im having the same issues most of you are having too except my bluetooth is just fine. Im going to disable band 26 and 41 and see what happens. Im in Denver and you can only get band 41 on hotspot or if you force it, i use to get it before spark update cause i enabled band 41. Anyways i will let you know how it goes after i disable those bands

Type in your dialer ##33284# (##DEBUG#) and click configuration, the PRL will be in there.

Or look in System Settings/About Phone/Status ;)

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Let's all repeat the same answer over and over again... Good lord.

I did a ##72786# to get my g2 activated again and it didn't bump my prl. I had to manually force it a few times over the course of 10 mins to get it to finally take.

• Like 1

Let's all repeat the same answer over and over again... Good lord.

I did a ##72786# to get my g2 activated again and it didn't bump my prl. I had to manually force it a few times over the course of 10 mins to get it to finally take.

Lol! Damn data must have dropped and I hit reply again and it replied again. Ha ha

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

So the real question is, what exactly changed from 55018 to 51100? It's just really weird we got 2 PRL updates this close together.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Nothing, 51100 and 55018 are functionally identical. Read the stickied Current PRLs thread in the General forum. I update the data each time there is an official PRL update and accompanying information released by Sprint.

The only difference officially is that the 55xxx series are supposed to be for SV-LTE (Simultaneous Voice and LTE) devices. Since the G2 is tri-band it cannot do SV-LTE and thus was using an incorrect PRL.

In reality, I don't know what minor differences there are between the two PRLs, Digiblur may be able to give more specific information, the actual GEOS/SIDs/NIDs, etc. in the two PRLs are the same. Same frequencies, same roaming partners, etc. It has been discussed in depth in other threads that Sprint's PRL listings are much more complicated than they need to be, preferring to have separate PRLs for different device types even though a device will ignore entries it can't use anyway (this is why the "incorrect" PRL type worked just fine).

• Like 1

Posted by a user on XDA:

Sprintcare Twitter is telling me that the KK update is starting to roll out.

@sprintcare @MYTwittername The update is pushed out by the manufacturer; and is coming to us in waves. I am anxious too! *MAL

@MYTwittername @sprintcare So is it pushing now?

@sprintcare @MYTwittername A few of the phones have started to receive it; yes. *MAL

Anyone seeing it?

Just read that too on xda, is it true or troll? So far nothing here in SC. If I get it I'll post a pic of if.

Sent from my LG G2 on the Now Network

Source code has not been posted for ZVB so I doubt it's rolling out today although it is possible they'll post it tomorrow.

Sent from my LG-LS980

So Question...

I'm checking around for 1x 800. If I go into the hidden menu (5689#*980#) and into the IOT2 menu. Then I go into CDMA Settings and there is a Band Preference. If i set it to "Cellular Only" (Instead of PCS only or Any) Will that only allow 800Mhz 1x SMR in or is that the other cellular band? IE Cellular "A/B Block" ?

Thanks

So Question...

I'm checking around for 1x 800. If I go into the hidden menu (5689#*980#) and into the IOT2 menu. Then I go into CDMA Settings and there is a Band Preference. If i set it to "Cellular Only" (Instead of PCS only or Any) Will that only allow 800Mhz 1x SMR in or is that the other cellular band? IE Cellular "A/B Block" ?

Thanks

800 MHz is SMR and not Cellular from what I understand. I am pretty sure "cellular only" would limit you to 850 mhz CDMA to roaming.

800 MHz is SMR and not Cellular from what I understand. I am pretty sure "cellular only" would limit you to 850 mhz CDMA to roaming.

That is correct.  Verizon, USCC, whoever your roaming partner is for the area. 

-William

Guess that means no update today, figured not anyways.

Sent from my LG G2 on the Now Network

ZVA is still the latest version on LG's open source site, so you are likely correct.   Though, I've no idea at what point the new sources are posted and how quickly they are distributed afterwards.