LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Yeah, Sprint says I'm in a lte area but I don't get it at all. So I can't really test if it's that or not. I may go by a repair Sprint store and see if they will give me another phone,

Sent from my LG G2 on the Now Network

You tried forcing LTE Only? Might be in market where there did 4G only accepted towers and not 3G/4G with the eCSFB software.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Yeah, Sprint says I'm in a lte area but I don't get it at all. So I can't really test if it's that or not. I may go by a repair Sprint store and see if they will give me another phone,

I don't think it's the phone. Mine has been doing this too and any bit of bad weather craps it out even more. I'm going to call them and see what they say.

Dont believe Sprint reps or the Sprint map they are generous with there map and it is not accurate at all.

Forced lte for a few minutes and got nothing but the red x above the signal bars.

Well that sucks. If you want a good, non-bias look at the LTE around you, try Sensorly.

Well that sucks. If you want a good, non-bias look at the LTE around you, try Sensorly.

Even sensorly shows some lte in my area(Greenville SC, Berea more specific) I don't know if my g2 has a weak rf, or just my luck lol.

Dont believe Sprint reps or the Sprint map they are generous with there map and it is not accurate at all.

I wouldn't necessarily say don't believe the reps, don't believe Care reps when asking about local things. Care reps get basic generic information and have no local information to go on. If a ticket isn't opened publicly then they won't know of any location-specific issues.

Local service and repair stores are your best bet for more accurate information on your specific area. They are more likely to know which areas tend to just be bad, which towers tend to have issues, or are currently having issues even if a ticket isn't open for the tower.

Seems as if the spark update did render my signal a little bit because before the spark update my galaxy s3 pretty much held the same signalmaybe 1 or 2 db better but now when comparing sometimes my galaxy s3 gets anywhere from 5-10 better db. I hope with the next update they atleast get it back to what it was.

Seems as if the spark update did render my signal a little bit because before the spark update my galaxy s3 pretty much held the same signalmaybe 1 or 2 db better but now when comparing sometimes my galaxy s3 gets anywhere from 5-10 better db. I hope with the next update they atleast get it back to what it was.

The GS3 is not a Tri-Band device therefore not spark capable to receive the software update.

• Like 2

The GS3 is not a Tri-Band device therefore not spark capable to receive the software update.

I think he is comparing the two.

• Like 1

Yea I was comparing the two phones is all I was saying and that from what I understand is that the galaxy s3 is decent in the rf department. Just wish they would get the g2 straightend out. Maybe with the next update it will get better if not guess we will be waiting on b26 to get just get us all out better coverage. I figure people will start seeing b26 lte alot more in the coming months everywhere besides ibez locations. From earlier post I read sprint saying coverage of 150 mil pops by end of 2014 should be pretty much everywhere besides ibez I know I sure hope so and figure alot of people do too.

How do you check for an hd call while on a call? I know what to look for, just don't know how to get there. Thanks

Hit add call then type ##33284# Then go to the 1x Engineering screen

• Like 1

Hit add call then type ##33284# Then go to the 1x Engineering screen

Thank you. Also, can someone show me their options under ##data# - more - advanced - edit. I need to know the stock option for the 3 vocoders. Thanks

and even verizon has now beaten sprint with the kit kat update....... sigh

Where did you hear that? I just searched and only found one article that doesn't seem that reliable. If it is rolling out for Verizon, you would think there would be more buzz.

Not true. No new source code for Verizon G2 equals no update. If the Verizon version does get it before us its no suprise since they released it almost 2 months before Sprint did.I think Sprint will still beat them to it though.

and even verizon has now beaten sprint with the kit kat update....... sigh

• Like 3

There should be no correlation between when the LG G2 device was initially released between the 4 national carriers and when the KK update is available.  The Sprint LG G2 device was already complete back in Aug/Sept but it was Sprint's stupid marketing plan that they wanted to time it on Nov 8th to announce the Spark program.  That is the only reason why it was delayed by 2 months.  It wasn't because of Spark incompatibility, supply issues, etc.  Sprint could have easily sold the LG G2 back in Sept if they wanted to and announce Spark back then.

When LG or any other OEM makes an Android update, they are making the update for all 4 national carriers with slight tweaks to add each carrier's bloatware. To prove this point, AT&T and Verizon released the LG G2 about 1 day apart and Tmobile about 2 weeks later after AT&T and Verizon but yet with the KK update status so far, AT&T and Tmobile have received it thus far.  It all comes down to what the carriers want to add on their twist for the KK update and has nothing to do with when the device was released.

Sprint is probably adding wifi calling.

There should be no correlation between when the LG G2 device was initially released between the 4 national carriers and when the KK update is available. The Sprint LG G2 device was already complete back in Aug/Sept but it was Sprint's stupid marketing plan that they wanted to time it on Nov 8th to announce the Spark program. That is the only reason why it was delayed by 2 months. It wasn't because of Spark incompatibility, supply issues, etc. Sprint could have easily sold the LG G2 back in Sept if they wanted to and announce Spark back then.

When LG or any other OEM makes an Android update, they are making the update for all 4 national carriers with slight tweaks to add each carrier's bloatware. To disprove this point, AT&T and Verizon released the LG G2 about 1 day apart and Tmobile about 2 weeks later after AT&T and Verizon but yet with the KK update status so far, AT&T and Tmobile have received it thus far. It all comes down to what the carriers want to add on their twist for the KK update and has nothing to do with when the device was released.

You would think that they would be adding wifi calling considering im sure the phone can support it.

Has anyone had any b26 connections on their lg g2? Does the prl have anything to do with not being able to pick up a perticular band as say b25 b26 b41? I just wonder why there has been nobody getting to use b26 so far and why they have had so many problems with the deployment of the 800mhz on lte and cdma?

I know that it wont be theoreticaly the speed of 41 but its extra capacity and is needed. Even where i live just the one 5mhz lte carrier of 1900 is overburdened. Its does good if theres not alot of people on it but just the one band is not sufficient enough.

They need atleast a minium of atleast a 10×10 or 2 5×5 carriers of lte to keep speeds decent seems like to me and is just my opinion. I know its been said that they will have so many pops covered by b26 this year but i would think we would see people getting to
use it by now.

Does the triband spark phones have anything to do with this
cause seems as if they have had problems with are phones either software or hardware trying update/changing stuff on it.

I guess maybe they are just trying to make sure things work correctly but seems as if theyve not had the same problems with samsung phones. Idk thay much about it but seems as though my phone had a little better rf capabilities before spark update.

Nonetheless i havent used hd voice or 800 cdma either and its probably because they have it off im guessing cause ive been around three sites that are accepted but must be off at the moment.

Another question is that in the hidden menu under evdo you can set voice codecs but ive tried changing but didnt do any good for me. If anyone has any info on this stuff please feel free to comment. But i will be waiting for b26 hopefully will come sometime this year. I know it would be a big help.

Edited by lilotimz
paragraphs...