LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

HD voice takes 2 handsets with capability PLUS the base stations/systems both devices are connected to have to have it enabled. I believe we were supposed to be seeing these services enabled with NV 1 completions BUT I could be wrong. This might be kind of neat to see what @s4guru Robert thinks (knows) about this.  :ninja:

It was a G2 to G2 call

Doesn't matter if its a G2 to G2 call.  There are other factors that need to be in place before HD voice will be launched.  Also we don't know the effects of how handing off from a HD voice capable site (NV upgraded) to a non-HD voice capable site (non-NV upgraded) will occur.  Perhaps Sprint might be waiting until NV 1.0 is complete before deploying HD voice.

• Like 1

I dont know it sounded very different when normally it sounds subpar

Doesn't matter if its a G2 to G2 call. There are other factors that need to be in place before HD voice will be launched. Also we don't know the effects of how handing off from a HD voice capable site (NV upgraded) to a non-HD voice capable site (non-NV upgraded) will occur. Perhaps Sprint might be waiting until NV 1.0 is complete before deploying HD voice.

as far as i'm concerned HD voice is on, at least in my area. anytime i call someone with a newer android phone you can tell the call is different and much clearer. anytime i call a land-line or an iphone it sounds like it did pre NV upgrades, aka "normal"

• Like 2

I dont know it sounded very different when normally it sounds subpar

Do you remember the HTC Evo 4G LTE with HD Voice capability and how HTC was showing off HD voice?  When HTC did the demo with HD voice it should be able to cut down on the background noise when on a call dramatically.  There should be still some ambient noise but the for the most part HD voice calls are very clear.  I would say do more tests in noisy situations between the two G2 phones and see if you get the same thing.

Maybe it is on and maybe not but hopefully we can get some confirmation by a sprint rep or corporate.   The NV sites definitely have the capability to do so with 1xA installed but just not sure everything has been enabled yet to support HD voice.  I believe that certain encoders need to be enabled so you might want to verify that as well.

Doesn't matter if its a G2 to G2 call.  There are other factors that need to be in place before HD voice will be launched.  Also we don't know the effects of how handing off from a HD voice capable site (NV upgraded) to a non-HD voice capable site (non-NV upgraded) will occur.  Perhaps Sprint might be waiting until NV 1.0 is complete before deploying HD voice.

Yep! The thing is, the hand off *won't (from what has been said) happen so that's why it wasn't turned on.  With NV largely being rolled out (not NV1 totally but you know what i meanz), I would think NV to NV market calls between capable handsets should be good IF the logic holds that they quietly turned it on as part of the roll out.  All this has peaked my curiosity so I'll now be paying close attention.  I have half a dozen G2 users local to me and all but 3 or 4 towers are 3G/800 accepted where I live and work SO I should be able to tell when talking to my fellow G2 users and then testing with some EVO LTE users that are holding on to their RF deficient handsets.  :lol:   I even have some HTC One users to confirm it's not just our kick a$$ device.(the One is good to but "it ain't no G2")

as far as i'm concerned HD voice is on, at least in my area. anytime i call someone with a newer android phone you can tell the call is different and much clearer. anytime i call a land-line or an iphone it sounds like it did pre NV upgrades, aka "normal"

I'm not gonna lie though, I have had some conspicuously "crystal clear" calls that I noticed but figured it was still quirks with the towers being 3G/800 voice accepted and all that madness.  The change over was rocky but things have settled, calls aren't being dropped all over the freakn place now so maybe, just maybe, HD is a go.

There was no backround noise to be heard thats how clear it was. My site that I was connected to at the time was a 3g/lte completed tower. Problem is I can almost guarentee hers was a legacy site since it was at my home which is one of two remaining in that area of town.

Do you remember the HTC Evo 4G LTE with HD Voice capability and how HTC was showing off HD voice? When HTC did the demo with HD voice it should be able to cut down on the background noise when on a call dramatically. There should be still some ambient noise but the for the most part HD voice calls are very clear. I would say do more tests in noisy situations between the two G2 phones and see if you get the same thing. Maybe it is on and maybe not but hopefully we can get some confirmation by a sprint rep or corporate. The NV sites definitely have the capability to do so with 1xA installed but just not sure everything has been enabled yet to support HD voice. I believe that certain encoders need to be enabled so you might want to verify that as well.

Do you remember the HTC Evo 4G LTE with HD Voice capability and how HTC was showing off HD voice?  When HTC did the demo with HD voice it should be able to cut down on the background noise when on a call dramatically.  There should be still some ambient noise but the for the most part HD voice calls are very clear.  I would say do more tests in noisy situations between the two G2 phones and see if you get the same thing.

Maybe it is on and maybe not but hopefully we can get some confirmation by a sprint rep or corporate.   The NV sites definitely have the capability to do so with 1xA installed but just not sure everything has been enabled yet to support HD voice.  I believe that certain encoders need to be enabled so you might want to verify that as well.

My EVO LTE has had confirmed HD Voice for the Last 2 weeks in the Tampa area.

OK guys... I was told by a crew and a Samsung rep on site that our cluster was launching 4g last week but we have not seen anything. I do get an IP address in my LTE Engineering screen only when my WiFi is turned off. Dies mean they are testing and will launch soon?

Posted Image

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

OK guys... I was told by a crew and a Samsung rep on site that our cluster was launching 4g last week but we have not seen anything. I do get an IP address in my LTE Engineering screen only when my WiFi is turned off. Dies mean they are testing and will launch soon?

[image removed]

"Does mean they are testing and will launch soon?" Hard to say definitively on that but.... what you do is flip your phone to LTE Only mode and see if it'll connect.  You should pickup SignalCheck Pro (get lite if you want) and you'll be able tell from the RSSI "about" how close you are to the towers.  I don't know if your market has top notch tracking like ours BUT if it does, you'll be able to see GCI & PCI information which will allow you to pin point the tower if the market tracking is there.  You should also be able to use the GCI in the main market map for your market to identify the tower you are connecting to. 

To put phone into LTE Only mode (this is needed since most towers do not have the eCSFB software when they are first fired up with LTE) use dialer code 5689#*980# and go to the IOT(CDG2)/System selection/Network mode/LTE Only.   Once you are done, make sure you change your network back to CDMA + LTE/EvDo Auto OR Global (*from standard network selection screen in settings) because you will *ONLY* have data connection and no voice services while connected to a tower in LTE Only mode. 

Happy Hunting! 

Since I got the update my battery life had not been so good. I don't have LTE available that works with my LG G2 in my area. I can get a day, but I used to get a day and a half :-(

Unfortunately, since you are scanning for 3 different LTE bands instead of just one, you are going to see a hit to battery life until LTE is in your area. The only way I can think of to work around it is to either disable the bands or switch to CDMA only for now.

• Like 2

I did a search via Tapatalk and didn't find anything, sorry in advance....

I added my hotmail account with no problems with stock email app.

I add my second email, live.com and get login/email wrong. I can pull the website from my phone and can sign right in. Is this a restriction from LG or an app error?

Can someone please try if you have two Hotmail or live emails.

I add my second email, live.com and get login/email wrong. I can pull the website from my phone and can sign right in. Is this a restriction from LG or an app error?

I think it's a setup error. I have both my live.com and outlook.com emails in the stock email app and they work just fine. When you're setting up the accounts the server should be the same. (m.hotmail.com I think) and don't forget the user name should be user@live.com or user@hotmail.com

• Like 1

:DSo far performance has been fantastic, looking forward to Sprint Spark! :tu:

Judging from that speed, you are probably on band 26 or slow band 41 (I say slow 41 because it will go as high as 50+ in band 41). On your phone dialer do ##DEBUG# and look in the LTE Engineering screen for band number when you are connected in that location again.

imap-mail.outlook.com

That's the syntax you need. Then smtp-mail.outlook.com for the outgoing server. Live and hotmail can be substituted for Outlook. Hope this helps.  

• Like 1