LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Just a note for the adventurous and impatient type, do not try to adb side load the update. I downloaded the update zip from the google servers and then side loaded it in stock recovery and even on a stock unrooted ZVA build it bricked my phone. This happened to quite a few people apparently and luckily I can restore back to ZV7 when I get a chance. My data was all replaceable on my phone so it's not a big deal but just be patient!

If you can restore it, you're phone is not bricked  :)

• Like 1

Just a note for the adventurous and impatient type, do not try to adb side load the update. I downloaded the update zip from the google servers and then side loaded it in stock recovery and even on a stock unrooted ZVA build it bricked my phone. This happened to quite a few people apparently and luckily I can restore back to ZV7 when I get a chance. My data was all replaceable on my phone so it's not a big deal but just be patient!

Yeah I tried to side load it and got the boot-loop.  Ended up restoring to ZV7.  Oh well, a learning process.  I know how to restore my phone now!  :D

Google framework clear a few times and it forced it!uqe8e6a3.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

So clearing the cache several times did it. I was told clear cache, clear data and force stop then tap the LG Software icon 10 times and it should take.

Please confirm that clearing cache is all that's needed.

So clearing the cache several times did it. I was told clear cache, clear data and force stop then tap the LG Software icon 10 times and it should take.

What cache and data were you clearing?

If you can restore it, you're phone is not bricked :)

True boot loop is a more apt term :).

Yeah I tried to side load it and got the boot-loop. Ended up restoring to ZV7. Oh well, a learning process. I know how to restore my phone now! :D

I'm about to do the same thing. Coming from HTC the restore process on this phone is so much more annoying with LGFlashtools requiring a lot of work to set up right but luckily I have already done it before so I should be up and running soon. This time I'll be patient and try the google framework method.

What cache and data were you clearing?

Under menu>settings>apps>all>Google Services Framework

It shows:   Force stop, Disable, Clear Data, Clear Cache

These are the options available.

So I need to know precisely what to do.  Terrell352 said he cleared a few times???

True boot loop is a more apt term :).

I'm about to do the same thing. Coming from HTC the restore process on this phone is so much more annoying with LGFlashtools requiring a lot of work to set up right but luckily I have already done it before so I should be up and running soon. This time I'll be patient and try the google framework method.

Yeah, I certainly wish I had gone the google framework way first.  A pain to have to reinstall apps and everything...  I even somehow must've forgotten to backup my contacts so this should be fun..

It shows:   Force stop, Disable, Clear Data, Clear Cache

So I need to know precisely what to do.  Terrell352 said he cleared a few times???

I did clear data then tried to get an update...  Didn't work the first time, but I repeated it one more time and it was there. 

I did clear data then tried to get an update... Didn't work the first time, but I repeated it one more time and it was there.

if you're not rooted the. Just go ahead and take it !

And please let me know if wifi calling is included

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried just clearing the cache and it did nothing.  I then cleared the cache, cleared the data and then force stop.  Went to update the software and it worked first time.

• Like 2

No I forced stopped then cleared data not cache.

Gah why did you people say that worked for you!? Now I'm doing it every 10 minutes lol.

Don't have to wait that long.  Just try it one after another.  Took me about 4 or 5 tries before it finally popped up with the update. Downloading now.

Also, I guess Sprint did have a typo on their support page since the file being downloaded clearly says ZVC?

I force stopped and then cleared data a few times. You dont have to clear cache.

It shows: Force stop, Disable, Clear Data, Clear Cache

So I need to know precisely what to do. Terrell352 said he cleared a few times???

• Like 1

Don't have to wait that long.  Just try it one after another.  Took me about 4 or 5 tries before it finally popped up with the update. Downloading now.

I think there's a speed aspect to it as well. After force stop/ clear data, quickly get to the lg update screen to check. Took me 2 times

if you're not rooted the. Just go ahead and take it !

And please let me know if wifi calling is included

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't think WIFI calling is in the update. There would be a new wifi calling app and there isn't. 

• Like 1